Author Topic: Special Operations News – December 11, 2023  (Read 153 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Special Operations News – December 11, 2023
« on: December 12, 2023, 06:06:42 pm »
Special Operations News – December 11, 2023
December 11, 2023 SOF News Update 0
 Curated news, analysis, and commentary about special operations, national security, and conflicts around the world.

SOF News
Recovery of CV-22B Crew. The U.S. Air Force Special Operations Command reports that six bodies have been located by divers from the eight-man crew of the Osprey that crashed into waters off Japan. As of Tuesday, the remains of three of the Airmen have been recovered. The status of all the Airmen has been changed from DUSTWUN to deceased and the names have been released to the public. “AFSOC Aircraft Mishap Releases”, AFSOC, December 10, 2023. The Department of Defense has grounded all CV-22 Osprey variants of the Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps. (DoD, Dec 7, 2023) The Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC) is leading the investigation into the Osprey mishap. The crash is likely due to a problem with the aircraft, not crew error.

Votel Joins AeroVironment. General Joseph L. Votel has joined the Board of Directors of AreoVironment. Votel is a former commander of Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC), U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM), and Central Command (CENTCOM). AreoVironment provides technology solutions at the intersection of robotics, sensors, software analytics and connectivity that deliver more actionable intelligence so you can proceed with certainty. Headquartered in Virginia, AeroVironment is a global leader in intelligent, multi-domain robotic systems and serves defense, government and commercial customers.

https://sof.news/update/20231211/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson