Author Topic: US must dominate in space to win future wars, Marine Corps’ Glavy says  (Read 305 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US must dominate in space to win future wars, Marine Corps’ Glavy says
By Colin Demarest
 Dec 11, 12:22 PM

NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. — The U.S. must dominate in space and the technologies deployable there to maintain an advantage in future wars, according to Marine Corps Lt. Gen. Matthew Glavy.

Space-based capabilities already include an array of technologies such as sensing and spying satellites, communications relays and navigation aids used by combatants on the ground, at sea and in the air. The Space Force was established years ago, as well, a sign that the U.S. Department of Defense is taking the extraterrestrial more seriously.

“Space is the most resilient capability we have,” Glavy said Dec. 11 at the Association of Old Crows conference in Maryland. “I’m telling you right now: We don’t win the space domain? Don’t even bother.”

Glavy serves as the deputy commandant for information, a role that touches advanced networking, cybersecurity, influence operations and more. Previously, he was tapped to lead Marine Corps Forces Space Command, or MARFORSPACE. Its activation, he said, was “eye opening.”

https://www.c4isrnet.com/battlefield-tech/space/2023/12/11/us-must-dominate-in-space-to-win-future-wars-marine-corps-glavy-says/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US must dominate in space to win future wars, Marine Corps’ Glavy says
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2023, 05:48:16 pm »
I haven't heard a single thing about the US developing electric rockets and surely won't launch anything until it has them! wink777
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online ScottinVA

Re: US must dominate in space to win future wars, Marine Corps’ Glavy says
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2023, 06:27:53 pm »
Retaining superiority in space insofar as keeping the military edge is fine, as long as this country doesn’t piss away trillion$ trying to land humans on Mars.