Author Topic: Chicago’s migrant crises deepens: taxpayers rail against $65M shelters for homeless arrivals as temp  (Read 150 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chicago’s migrant crises deepens: taxpayers rail against $65M shelters for homeless arrivals as temperatures plummet. ‘These people are just getting off the bus and everything …
By James Reinl, Social Affairs Correspondent, For Dailymail.Com[1]

Published: 16:28, 1 December 2023 | Updated: 16:30, 1 December 2023

Chicagoans are turning on Mayor Brandon Johnson’s ‘open doors’ policy to migrants, staging daily protests against expensive new government-run tent shelters for the homeless[2] newcomers.

Hundreds of locals attended a community meeting this week, and dozens more have staged protests near a construction site where one of two new shelters is being built in Chicago[3]‘s Brighton[4] Park neighborhood.

The shelters, funded by the state of Illinois[5], are set to open within weeks.

They will house up to 2,200 asylum seekers and cost £65 million to build and accommodate some of those migrants sleeping on floors or in tents outside city police stations.

https://news.translogistics.net/2023/12/chicagos-migrant-crises-deepens-taxpayers-rail-against-65m-shelters-for-homeless-arrivals-as-temperatures-plummet-these-people-are-just-getting-off-the-bus-and-everything/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson