Author Topic: Judge slams Biden admin as she rejects Texas' bid to stop agents removing border razor wire  (Read 174 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Judge slams Biden admin as she rejects Texas' bid to stop agents removing border razor wire
© Provided by Axios

Texas lawmakers' efforts to block the Biden administration from removing razor wire fencing along the U.S.-Mexico border was blocked by a federal judge on Thursday.

The big picture: Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) has been battling with the administration over keeping razor wires and buoy barriers with blades along the Southern border as the state reports a surge in the number of migrants attempting to enter the country amid a wider global humanitarian crisis.

U.S. District Judge Alia Moses had previously granted Texas officials a temporary restraining order in the case, but on Thursday denied the state's request due to insufficient evidence that U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents cutting the wire had violated the law.

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said Thursday he'd appeal the ruling.

Of note: In her ruling, Moses left open for Texas the chance to prove its case in the future and criticized the way the Biden administration had carried out its immigration policies.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/judge-slams-biden-admin-as-she-rejects-texas-bid-to-stop-agents-removing-border-razor-wire/ar-AA1kOJ2k?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=30cc96e1e9c44fc39720aa9fb24afca6&ei=58
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson