Author Topic: The reason university efforts to root out antisemitism will fail  (Read 189 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The reason university efforts to root out antisemitism will fail
« on: November 16, 2023, 12:34:13 pm »

The reason university efforts to root out antisemitism will fail
Opinion by Christopher Bedford
 •
2h

Rep. Mike Gallagher: Some elite institutions have become cesspools of antisemitism

On the morning of Oct. 7, American college students went to class, teachers taught lessons and all seemed well enough on the surface. The following day, after news of Hamas terrorists’ mass murders, rapes, torture and kidnappings spread, those campuses suddenly became hotbeds of terrorist sympathy and overt displays of antisemitism.

Americans were shocked our college kids could come out on the side of genocide, but we shouldn’t have been. The students dressing up as terrorists and demanding to know reporters’ ethnicities the week of Oct. 9 are the same kids walking to class the week of Oct. 2.

They’d been primed; taught lies and false narratives, by the universities themselves – and so far, no school has even begun to take the steps necessary to root the hatred out.

Supporters of both Israel and the Palestinians demonstrate on the campus of Columbia University on 
To their credit, some have tried. On Friday, hundreds of UCLA faculty members called on the administration to "denounce in the strongest possible terms any celebrations of Hamas terror attacks and killings," and asked the university to hold those "who directly participate in such incitement" accountable, using existing rules against incitement to violence.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-reason-university-efforts-to-root-out-antisemitism-will-fail/ar-AA1k1cFk?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=c8516ca7c48c4daeb8e1ca00380e2c25&ei=47
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The reason university efforts to root out antisemitism will fail
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2023, 12:35:58 pm »
There is little difference in colleges and universities today with Hitler youth of WWII.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson