Author Topic: Election Day in America: Kentucky, Mississippi, Virginia, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio to Vote, Se  (Read 11377 times)

Online mountaineer

More conservative opinions on what to do with the abortion issue:

Matt Couch
@RealMattCouch
This isn’t election rigging… I’m Pro Life, as Pro Life as it gets.. But unlike most I have the balls to tell you if the GOP runs on the stance of Abortion as it’s major issue, we will lose everything in 2024..
We don’t appeal to Gen Z or anyone under 40 as a party..
9:53 AM · Nov 8, 2023

SoftwareGuy
@SoftwareGuy3
The GOP got its dream of overturning Roe. Instead of letting the dust settle, the GOP decides to completely drive all moderate voters away in this election cycle by immediately pushing abortion bans.
Brilliant strategy. /s
10:04 AM · Nov 8, 2023

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

It shows the trumpy candidates were incompetent and naturally terrible at fundraising.  Seems the people with money do not want to waste it on mindless populism.  Get ready though … the boomer pubs have some kind of martyr fetish, and Donald is going to be in worse financial shape than any candidate the GOP has fielded.

And besides, history is full of candidates that were outraise and outspent by their opponents, and they still won their elections

If MAGA was as popular with the electorate at large as its followers claim, they would overcome any fundraising advantage
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline cato potatoe

I believe that the GOP lost because they are not unified and have no clear message.  Trump backpedals and bullies.  That's a terrible message. He set that example on his own.

The common denominator is Trump.  He is a losing machine.  2017, 2018, and 2019 midterms were disastrous.  He lost the 2020 election and the republicans tried to pretend those 81 million people did not exist.  When McCarthy recruited and fundraised for certain candidates, he scored some modest gains, but the party threw him overboard.  Now the pubbies are disposing of DeSantis, Reynolds, Haley, Sununu, Youngkin … probably Kemp later on … but pretty much anyone with a shred of competence or popular appeal, because we can’t move on from Trump.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
After the lack of a 2022 red wave, I said that the Biden administration is going to continue to use this strategy and why not? It’s not like he can run on the economy or the border. Abortion and Donald Trump is all they have. But it’s working.

And if people are going to fall that easily for some ratty old threadbare election grift, then they need to feel alot more pain to crush their arrogant pride and get their priorities straight.
The Republic is lost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ohio Voters Approve Radical Amendment Removing Limits on Abortion, Gender-Transition Procedures
By Brittany Bernstein

November 7, 2023 9:15 PM

Ohio voters approved a ballot measure Tuesday night that will effectively outlaw any restrictions on abortion and other procedures that involve reproduction, including gender-transition surgeries.

The measure, known as Issue 1, will also remove parental-consent and notification requirements for minors who undergo the procedures.

The amendment includes vague language about prohibiting any law that “directly or indirectly” would “burden” or “interfere” with “reproductive decisions.” Opponents of the measure argue it would also outlaw nearly any restrictions on abortion or other reproduction-related procedures, removing requirements for parental-consent and parental notification, as well as protections for people who undergo the procedures, including requirements that a qualified physician perform them.

The amendment would also pave the way for taxpayer-funded abortion due to the vague language banning laws that would “burden” reproductive decisions, which could extend to one’s inability to pay for an abortion. In that case, it would become a public responsibility to overcome this burden.

Opponents warn the overly broad use of the phrase “reproductive decisions” would mean the measure would very likely extend to gender-transition treatment. The proposal does not distinguish between minors and adults, either.

The “yes” vote in favor of the amendment was winning 56.4 percent to 43.6 percent with an estimated 53 percent of the vote counted on Tuesday evening, according to the New York Times. The Associated Press called the race in favor of the “yes” vote just after 9 p.m.

more
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/ohio-voters-approve-radical-amendment-removing-limits-on-abortion-gender-transition-procedures/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
More conservative opinions on what to do with the abortion issue:

Matt Couch
@RealMattCouch
This isn’t election rigging… I’m Pro Life, as Pro Life as it gets.. But unlike most I have the balls to tell you if the GOP runs on the stance of Abortion as it’s major issue, we will lose everything in 2024..
We don’t appeal to Gen Z or anyone under 40 as a party..
9:53 AM · Nov 8, 2023

SoftwareGuy
@SoftwareGuy3
The GOP got its dream of overturning Roe. Instead of letting the dust settle, the GOP decides to completely drive all moderate voters away in this election cycle by immediately pushing abortion bans.
Brilliant strategy. /s
10:04 AM · Nov 8, 2023

Sorry -- the GOP needs to continue their strong stance -- the message also must resonate that this is now a state issue and not federal.

The country does NOT need a moderate. This country needs a conservative. Take a look what's going on around the world -- Europe and the Middle East are a disaster as is Russia and Ukraine. The U.S. cannot continue in that same direction.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The common denominator is Trump.  He is a losing machine.  2017, 2018, and 2019 midterms were disastrous.  He lost the 2020 election and the republicans tried to pretend those 81 million people did not exist.  When McCarthy recruited and fundraised for certain candidates, he scored some modest gains, but the party threw him overboard.  Now the pubbies are disposing of DeSantis, Reynolds, Haley, Sununu, Youngkin … probably Kemp later on … but pretty much anyone with a shred of competence or popular appeal, because we can’t move on from Trump.

I see the common denominator as RINO's -- McCarthy, McConnell, Trump, etc. -- their endorsements I believe hurt more conservative candidates.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

:amen:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
:amen:

It's more than just Trump. It's the GOP being wishy-washy, moderate and not standing up for conservatism.

Offline kevindavis007

This right here:

Justin Stapley
@JustinWStapley
The Republican Party party isn't dead. But as a national brand, it is on life support. Its share of support among voters across the country has shrunk every election cycle for nearly a decade. Even when all electoral factors are pointing toward Republican success, voters are crawling over broken glass to vote for increasingly radicalized Democrats. And we all know who's to blame, no matter how much Republican voters want to deny it.

Trump and Trumpism are not only among the most toxic political brands in American history, but the Republican Party under his control has grown hostile to good candidates, to measured dialogue, and to simple tests of sanity and logic. It has opened wide the gate to literally insane and unhinged people, who dabble in conspiracy, anti-semitism, election denialism, and political kookery.

In today's GOP, if you have expertise, are well-learned, have deep intellectual roots, and have a past that demonstrates you aren't batshit crazy, your political portfolio is a liability, not a strength. But you can say and do whatever you want so long as you hold the Trumpian line. You will be defended.

This isn't sustainable, and we can see the inevitable results. Americans aren't having it. They're done. When it comes to Trump, Republicans now have only one choice: move on or die.
8:43 AM · Nov 8, 2023
·
 Views
« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 04:42:15 pm by mystery-ak »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It's more than just Trump. It's the GOP being wishy-washy, moderate and not standing up for conservatism.

Come on!  @libertybele   Spit it out!!   

"You want the truth??  You can't handle the truth!!"  Colonel Jessup    :laugh:

In a word:  ABORTION!

Republicans are the stupidest political mammals on Earth.

And there are some here who want to add insult to injury by handing them another political issue...the inability to feed themselves and their family because "...the bastard Republican extremists".  Because..."Conservatism".

And expecting what??  To get re-elected in 2 to 4 years??

M.O.R.O.N.S.   **nononono*

« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 09:24:21 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

And there are some here who want to add insult to injury by handing them another political issue...the ability to feed themselves and their family but "...cutting spending/deficits".  Because...Conservatism etc..

...fully expecting what??  To get re-elected in 2 to 4 years??

M.O.R.O.N.S.
then how do we get rid of it so that women start having kids again? So I can be a father?

This is the failure of democracy.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Lando Lincoln

The sad part is that there are enough women who believe that dreck.
Besides, overturning Roe didn't ban anything, it only left the issue at the discretion of the individual states. That is the real failure of messaging.

Messaging matters only to those capable of rational thought (and a willingness to use it). 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
then how do we get rid of it so that women start having kids again? So I can be a father?

This is the failure of conservatism, not adhering to the Constitution and ignoring and accepting the moral decay in our society. Additionally, allowing ILLEGALS that have liberal values or no values is like a plague in our country.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

And there are some here who want to add insult to injury by handing them another political issue...the ability to feed themselves and their family but "...cutting spending/deficits".  Because...Conservatism etc..

...fully expecting what??  To get re-elected in 2 to 4 years??

M.O.R.O.N.S.

Ok, IF indeed ABORTION IS the sole issue, then we must remain steadfast and stick up for the innocents.

What, we turn our backs to fulfill political seats with an 'R' next to their name???

Offline LMAO

The level of denial that some engage in order to  insulate Donald Trump is astounding

Conservatism is the problem? Really?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The level of denial that some engage in order to  insulate Donald Trump is astounding

Conservatism is the problem? Really?

No, conservatism is NOT the problem.  Conservatives not standing strong in unity and getting their message out is the problem.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Either a woman has the desire to be a mother or she doesn't.  Moral decay in the society and IMO the 'women's movement' of earlier years has gone way too far.

(P.S. @jmyrlefuller I think your time is coming to be a good husband and father).

Offline cato potatoe

No, it's because the deficits have led to inflation, which household incomes have lagged.  If we had a candidate who didn't just sign off on $8 trillion of debt, and could articulate why the deficits were tied to inflation, the economy would be a winning issue.  All Trump can do is moan and promise to sprinkle his magic beans.  If it comes up in the debate, Biden is just going to hand him his ass again.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
No, it's because the deficits have led to inflation, which household incomes have lagged.  If we had a candidate who didn't just sign off on $8 trillion of debt, and could articulate why the deficits were tied to inflation, the economy would be a winning issue.  All Trump can do is moan and promise to sprinkle his magic beans.  If it comes up in the debate, Biden is just going to hand him his ass again.

There won't be any debating -- if Trump is the nominee, the GOP loses.  It is rather ridiculous to assume that the odds are in his favor at winning the WH.  Some people just can't accept the idea that his time has come and gone.

Offline LMAO

Cutting deficits is not the losing issue that Trump supporters like to claim it is. That’s just pure nonsense.

Bill Clinton signs onto welfare reform and is forced to sign on to a more sane  budget…. Gets reelected.

The Republican Congress forces  Obama to sign onto sequestration… By the end of Obama’s term, they dominated the political landscape

Former New Mexico GOP Governor Gary Johnson, vetoes practically every single spending bill before his desk… Gets reelected by a landslide in a state were Democrats outnumbered Republicans

Governor Ron DeSantis is running a surplus in the state….gets reelected in a landslide

This is just an excuse making by Trump supporters to try to deflect from Trump’s election failures

Barry Goldwater

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Have you considered the surrogacy route?

The level of denial that some engage in order to  insulate Donald Trump is astounding.  Conservatism is the problem? Really?

Conservatism is not the problem --- it's simply been rebranded under Trump because conservatives are politically toxic.

The common denominator is Trump.  He is a losing machine.

Your Uniparty is the losing machine. You've been losing so long you've learned to love the failure and the whining and the arguing with the old man in the mirror.  Bless your heart.

Those who know what winning feels like would sure appreciate you moving out of the way.

Offline LMAO

Conservatism is not the problem --- it's simply been rebranded under Trump because conservatives are politically toxic.

Well, it appears that re-branding hasn’t worked out very well for Trump and his supporters…lol

« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 06:06:06 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater