Author Topic: A Salute to Senator Tommy Tuberville.. Kurt Schlichter  (Read 257 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A Salute to Senator Tommy Tuberville.. Kurt Schlichter
« on: November 06, 2023, 04:37:48 pm »
A Salute to Senator Tommy Tuberville
Kurt Schlichter

Just when conservatives seem bereft of heroes, Senator Tommy Tuberville of Alabama comes along. He’s doing something that Washington just hates, taking a principled stand in support of a principled position that’s more than just a mere pose. He’s actually imposing a cost on liberal posturing, and it’s driving not only the Democrats but some establishment Republicans up the wall. We should back his play and help the Coach bring it in for the big win.

Basically, Senator Tuberville simply refuses to play ball. What happened is that Biden’s puppet masters – Biden makes no decisions himself beyond choosing between watching “Matlock” and “Murder, She Wrote” reruns – told its bemedaled lackeys at the Pentagon to start subsidizing abortion tourism. It’s an unlawful expenditure, but it’s really, really important to the administration that every part of the government be all in on killing babies, including the part of the government that should be all in on killing our enemies but is now mostly concerned with talking about white rage, forcing people to take vaccines they don’t need, and facilitating drag queen story hours. Senator Tuberville asked the Pentagon to stop doing this illegal thing. The Pentagon refused. So Senator Tuberville refused to agree to unanimous consent to pass, en masse, senior military promotions.

Understand what Senator Tuberville did and didn’t do because – shocker – the regime media is lying to you. He didn’t stop military promotions. Certain senior military leaders have to be confirmed by the Senate. Chuck Schumer is free to consider each and every military promotion on its own merits before the entire Senate and force the Senate to vote on it on the record. The problem for the Senate is that this takes time, although it’s unclear what else the Senate has been doing lately that is more important. The Senate works on unanimous consent. Most things just sort of happen because no senator objects, and very few things happen on the record. What Senator Tuberville is doing is gumming up the works. He’s making Chuck Schumer actually put these names in front of the body and take a vote. They have done so for several promotions. But this takes a lot of time. Usually, what happens is the Pentagon presents a promotion list, and the Senate approves it, and everybody gets a star or an eagle. I was on the colonel's list, with my name buried among 1500 or so aspiring full birds, which was lucky for me because if somebody had googled my name, I’m sure some communist senator would have objected.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2023/11/06/a-salute-to-senator-tommy-tuberville-n2630786
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34