Author Topic: ‘Religious Persecution’, ‘Lack of Jobs’: A Record Number of Indians Are Illegally Crossing the US Bo  (Read 291 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Religious Persecution’, ‘Lack of Jobs’: A Record Number of Indians Are Illegally Crossing the US Border
Nearly 42,000 migrants from India have crossed the southern border illegally during the fiscal year starting last October through September – more than double the number from the same period the previous year, reported WSJ.

The Wire Staff
RIGHTSWORLD
30/OCT/2023

New Delhi: Nearly 42,000 migrants from India have crossed the southern border illegally during the fiscal year starting last October through September, the Wall Street Journal has reported, citing data compiled by US Customs and Border Protection.

According to the report, that is more than double the number from the same period the previous year, when the number of Indians crossing the US border illegally hit a historic high.

From October 2021 to September 2022, US border authorities stopped Indian migrants “18,300 times” at the US southern border, DW had reported, citing the Migration Policy Institute’s 2022 report. In the previous year, 2,600 such encounters were recorded by the US authorities, the report said.

https://thewire.in/world/religious-persecution-lack-of-jobs-a-record-number-of-indians-are-illegally-crossing-the-us-border
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson