Author Topic: Neighbors sue Chicago over planned migrant encampment amid lease agreement  (Read 275 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Neighbors sue Chicago over planned migrant encampment amid lease agreement
By Kasey ChronisPublished November 3, 2023 5:21PMImmigrationFOX 32 Chicago

Fight over Chicago migrant encampment goes to court
Tensions are escalating as another group of neighbors has filed a lawsuit against the city of Chicago over a planned migrant encampment.

CHICAGO - Tensions are escalating in Brighton Park, where another group of neighbors has filed a lawsuit against the City of Chicago over a planned migrant encampment. The legal action comes amid new revelations that the city has already signed a lease for the land.

"Us as voters never had the right to decide or to choose what was happening here," said Ricardo Palacios, community member. "All the sudden, 1-2-3, there’s a contract, it’s signed, you don’t got no say so."

The city, last week, entered into a lease agreement, committing to pay $91,400 per month to utilize land located at the corner of 38th Street and California Avenue. According to officials with the Office of Mayor Brandon Johnson, both parties can terminate the agreement if the site is not used for its intended purpose.

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/neighbors-sue-chicago-migrant-encampment-lease-agreement
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson