Author Topic: U.S., Canadian Warships Sail Through Taiwan Strait, China Says U.S. ‘Hyped Up’ Transit  (Read 277 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S., Canadian Warships Sail Through Taiwan Strait, China Says U.S. ‘Hyped Up’ Transit
By: Sam LaGrone
November 2, 2023 3:02 PM

Cmdr. Charles Cooper stands watch on the bridge aboard the Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS Rafael Peralta (DDG-115) in the Taiwan Strait, Nov. 2, 2023. US Navy Photo

A U.S. guided-missile destroyer and a Canadian frigate sailed through the Taiwan Strait Thursday, U.S. 7th Fleet announced.

Japan-based USS Rafael Peralta (DDG-115) and Royal Canadian Navy Halifax-class frigate HMCS Ottawa (FFH-341) made the transit while tailed by Chinese warships and aircraft.

The warships, “conducted a routine Taiwan Strait transit Nov. 1 through waters where high-seas freedoms of navigation and overflight apply in accordance with international law. The ships transited through a corridor in the Strait that is beyond the territorial sea of any coastal state,” reads the statement from U.S. 7th Fleet. “The transit was unremarkable, unprovocative, and consistent with international law. Rafael Peralta and Ottawa’s bilateral transit through the Taiwan Strait demonstrates the commitment of the United States and our allies and partners to a free and open Indo-Pacific.”

https://news.usni.org/2023/11/02/u-s-canadian-warships-sail-through-taiwan-strait-china-says-u-s-hyped-up-transit
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

The 'storm' is a brewing...
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.