Author Topic: Senate confirms first woman to lead Navy, fills Joint Staff vacancies  (Read 441 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Senate confirms first woman to lead Navy, fills Joint Staff vacancies
However, hundreds of confirmations are still blocked by Sen. Tommy Tuberville.
LAUREN C. WILLIAMS | NOVEMBER 2, 2023 05:02 PM ET
NAVY AIR FORCE MARINE CORPS PENTAGON CONGRESS

The U.S. Navy finally has a new top officer—Adm. Lisa Franchetti, the first woman to lead the service—after the Senate sidestepped a months-long hold by Republican Sen. Tommy Tuberville.

The Senate voted on Thursday, 95-1, to confirm Franchetti as the chief of naval operations and Gen. David Allvin to be the Air Force’s chief of staff. Lt. Gen. Chris Mahoney was also confirmed, 86-0, to be the Marine Corps’ assistant commandant—and allowing him to step in for Commandant Gen. Eric Smith, who was hospitalized with a heart attack on Sunday after doing both jobs for months.

But hundreds of military promotions remain in limbo, thanks to Tuberville’s hold

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin commended the confirmations and condemned the hold.

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2023/11/senate-confirms-first-woman-lead-navy-key-joint-staff-vacancies/391753/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Senate confirms first woman to lead Navy, fills Joint Staff vacancies
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2023, 05:57:56 pm »
I'm sure she will be an admirable admiral and do a marvelous job of "woking" the Navy. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline corbe

Re: Senate confirms first woman to lead Navy, fills Joint Staff vacancies
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2023, 06:19:37 pm »
   She reminds me of the last Admiral to make the news.

*Blinken is a Rear Admiral
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.