Author Topic: Speaker Mike Johnson responds to liberal media attacks on his Christian faith: 'Disgusting'  (Read 257 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Speaker Mike Johnson responds to liberal media attacks on his Christian faith: 'Disgusting'
Johnson tells Fox News' Kayleigh McEnany he can 'take the arrows,' that attacks come with responsibility of leadership
 By Gabriel Hays Fox News
Published October 31, 2023 8:00pm EDT

Newly elected Speaker of the House Rep. Mike Johnson, R-La., responded to liberals and those in the media trashing him for his Christian faith Tuesday.

Johnson, an Evangelical Christian who has proudly invoked his faith in God and said the Bible is his "worldview" since being elected as the new speaker, responded to MSNBC host Jen Psaki, HBO host Bill Maher and others who trashed him for his faith, saying the attacks don’t bother him.

"Media wasn’t always so friendly to someone with a Judeo-Christian worldview, and in your case, some of the things that had been said. Politico interviewed a historian about your worldview, and this historian said you’re a Christian nationalist, it comes from that of Christian supremacy," Fox News' Kayleigh McEnany said to Johnson.

She then quoted Psaki labeling Johnson as a Christian "fundamentalist."

"What do you think when you hear that?" McEnany asked.

"Look, there are entire industries that are built to take down public leaders – effective political leaders like me. I’m not surprised by that. I mean, it comes with the territory. It doesn’t bother me at all," Johnson responded.

"I just wish they would get to know me," he continued, adding, "I’m not trying to establish Christianity as the national religion or something. That’s not what this is about at all."

He then discussed how the Bible commands to show peace and love towards all people.

"If you truly believe in the Bible’s commands, and you seek to follow those, it’s impossible to be a hateful person, because the greatest command in the Bible is that you love God with everything you had, and you love your neighbor as yourself," he said.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/speaker-mike-johnson-responds-liberal-media-attacks-christian-faith-disgusting
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34