Author Topic: The 42-Year-Old Airman: Air Force and Space Force Raise Max Age for Active-Duty Recruits  (Read 157 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The 42-Year-Old Airman: Air Force and Space Force Raise Max Age for Active-Duty Recruits
Thomas Novelly
Thu, October 26, 2023 at 4:46 PM EDT·3 min read

Under a new policy change, active-duty Air Force and Space Force applicants can join up to the age of 42 -- meaning the services are now willing to take the oldest recruits out of all military branches.

A screenshot of a notice to all air missions, which was first posted on the Air Force amn/nco/snco Facebook page where airmen share inside information, read "the entry age limit has changed from 39 to 42." Leslie Brown, a spokeswoman for the Air Force Recruiting Service, confirmed the memo's information to Military.com and said the policy went into effect Tuesday.

"The Air Force made this change to align with [Department of Defense] policy," Brown told Military.com on Thursday. "This opens the aperture to allow more Americans the opportunity to serve."

https://news.yahoo.com/42-old-airman-air-force-204643585.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson