Author Topic: DoD hindering recruitment of tech-savvy workers, warfighters: report  (Read 188 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DoD hindering recruitment of tech-savvy workers, warfighters: report
By Molly Weisner
 Oct 26, 01:24 PM

Overlapping strategies and entrenched practices may be hindering the U.S. Department of Defense in its bid to recruit a technologically savvy workforce on the battlefield and in the Pentagon, according to military and civilian leaders.

There is no unified, department-wide approach to building digital career pathways for civilian and uniformed personnel, the leaders said in interviews conducted by Mitre, a nonprofit research group, and the Center for Security and Emerging Technology, a policy organization associated with Georgetown University.

Across the DoD, digital talent career fields and experience identifiers lack common criteria and are inconsistently applied, creating missed opportunities, the researchers concluded in a Oct. 25 report. Recruitment is also at risk of being undermined by attrition, which is driven by gaps in mentorship, limited trust of junior talent to innovate, risk-averse leaders, and old technology that stymies even simple digital projects, the report said.

https://www.federaltimes.com/management/career/2023/10/26/pentagon-practices-harm-recruitment-of-tech-savvy-workers-warfighters/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: DoD hindering recruitment of tech-savvy workers, warfighters: report
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 04:14:42 pm »
It's good to know wokeness still hasn't infiltrated the military! :bs:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson