Author Topic: DeSantis says US should not accept Gaza refugees: 'They're all antisemitic'  (Read 8068 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: DeSantis says US should not accept Gaza refugees: 'They're all antisemitic'
« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2023, 03:29:47 am »
No @Hoodat   First, I'm reminding you --- as previously posted up thread --- President Trump had implemented a travel ban and suspension of refugee resettlement from terrorist nations (and was quite beaten up for it), among other policies, and Biden's first actions as POTUS were to revoke them.

Let's review, shall we @Right_in_Virginia .  This thread is about Gaza refugees.  The title of the thread gives it away - "DeSantis says US should not accept Gaza refugees".  On the first page of this thread, several posters commented on this.  Pretty much everyone was in agreement that any refugees should remain in Gaza and should not be brought to the US for resettlement.  Yet you chime in at post 14 offering this Trump campaign propaganda "President Donald Trump will immediately reimpose the Trump Travel Ban. "We don't want our people killed."", suggesting that DeSantis was copying Trump.  By making that argument, you replaced what DeSantis actually said with a false account in order to make the comparison with Trump's travel ban.

In post 26, you said this:  "I simply pointed out there is nothing unique or special about Ron DeSantis.  Every idea he presents as his own is lifted from Trump's proven successes."  Again, you are pushing a falsehood about what DeSantis said.  DeSantis was talking about Gaza refugees, not a travel ban.  In other words, his idea was original compared to Trump since Trump was again offering a travel ban that has nothing to do with Gaza refugees.  To put it bluntly, you lied.  You bore false witness against Ron DeSantis, and then used that false account to prop up Trump by denigrating DeSantis, even though Trump's comment had absolutely zero to do with DeSantis' statement.

Around post 70, you begin posting more Trump campaign propaganda about the just announced travel ban, still completely oblivious to the fact that this thread is about something entirely different, and still carrying on with this false account of what DeSantis said.  After being reminded of this, you said this in post 74:  "I am on topic @libertybele ---- I'm giving you a preview of Ronny's next policy initiatives he'll be claiming are his own."  Again pushing the same false narrative - bearing false witness against Ron DeSantis with the expressed intent of deceiving others.

Which brings us to post 81 where you actually posted a picture of Ron DeSantis saying something he did not say.

This picture is a double lie.  First, it falsely attributes a statement to DeSantis which he never uttered.  And it attributes a travel ban statement to Trump in July when he had literally just said it six days prior.  And when called out on your lie, what do you do?  You lie some more, posting even more Trump campaign propaganda THAT DOESN'T HAVE A DAMN THING TO DO WITH DESANTIS STATEMENT OR THIS THREAD.

And the pièce de résistance comes from @LMAO who showed that even with the false strawman argument you have been clinging to, even in that, DeSantis supported a travel ban before Trump.  So even in the middle of your own lying narrative, you lied.  DeSantis was first with his statement on Gaza refugees.  And DeSantis was first on a travel ban.  It's Trump who doesn't have any original thought here.  Yet after making such a big deal about "original thought", you suddenly go silent in a blazing display of utter hypocrisy.  But that is normal for you.  Lies and hypocrisy.  It's what you are good at.

Keep it up.  Because every time you do this, you drive more people away from Trump.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 03:30:55 am by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2023, 12:10:39 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

What you’ve been doing to RDS in the last several months is very similar to what the left did to Donald Trump. Recall the false “very fine people” claim or the unsubstantiated “pee tape?” I have relatives who, even after showing them the full transcript of what Trump actually said about the Neo Nazis in Charlottesville, still insist he was referring to them as very fine people

« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 11:19:06 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2023, 12:36:17 pm »
Dumb whites have lost their country decades ago.

Mussies have been pouring in legally via the Diversified Visa Program.  And it will continue to accelerate where almost all coming here will be mussies.  The USA is dissolving like sugar in a hot drink.  Soon, our country will no longer exist.  The republic is gone.  Soon, we will have a totalitarian government, and little to no freedom.

The day of Soylent Green is coming!!  No joke.

@jafo2010

I would LOVE to argue with you about this,but............
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2023, 12:47:42 pm »
Let's review, shall we @Right_in_Virginia .  This thread is about Gaza refugees.  The title of the thread gives it away - "DeSantis says US should not accept Gaza refugees".  On the first page of this thread, several posters commented on this.  Pretty much everyone was in agreement that any refugees should remain in Gaza and should not be brought to the US for resettlement.  Yet you chime in at post 14 offering this Trump campaign propaganda "President Donald Trump will immediately reimpose the Trump Travel Ban. "We don't want our people killed."", suggesting that DeSantis was copying Trump.  By making that argument, you replaced what DeSantis actually said with a false account in order to make the comparison with Trump's travel ban.

In post 26, you said this:  "I simply pointed out there is nothing unique or special about Ron DeSantis.  Every idea he presents as his own is lifted from Trump's proven successes."  Again, you are pushing a falsehood about what DeSantis said.  DeSantis was talking about Gaza refugees, not a travel ban.  In other words, his idea was original compared to Trump since Trump was again offering a travel ban that has nothing to do with Gaza refugees.  To put it bluntly, you lied.  You bore false witness against Ron DeSantis, and then used that false account to prop up Trump by denigrating DeSantis, even though Trump's comment had absolutely zero to do with DeSantis' statement.

Around post 70, you begin posting more Trump campaign propaganda about the just announced travel ban, still completely oblivious to the fact that this thread is about something entirely different, and still carrying on with this false account of what DeSantis said.  After being reminded of this, you said this in post 74:  "I am on topic @libertybele ---- I'm giving you a preview of Ronny's next policy initiatives he'll be claiming are his own."  Again pushing the same false narrative - bearing false witness against Ron DeSantis with the expressed intent of deceiving others.

Which brings us to post 81 where you actually posted a picture of Ron DeSantis saying something he did not say.

This picture is a double lie.  First, it falsely attributes a statement to DeSantis which he never uttered.  And it attributes a travel ban statement to Trump in July when he had literally just said it six days prior.  And when called out on your lie, what do you do?  You lie some more, posting even more Trump campaign propaganda THAT DOESN'T HAVE A DAMN THING TO DO WITH DESANTIS STATEMENT OR THIS THREAD.

And the pièce de résistance comes from @LMAO who showed that even with the false strawman argument you have been clinging to, even in that, DeSantis supported a travel ban before Trump.  So even in the middle of your own lying narrative, you lied.  DeSantis was first with his statement on Gaza refugees.  And DeSantis was first on a travel ban.  It's Trump who doesn't have any original thought here.  Yet after making such a big deal about "original thought", you suddenly go silent in a blazing display of utter hypocrisy.  But that is normal for you.  Lies and hypocrisy.  It's what you are good at.

Keep it up.  Because every time you do this, you drive more people away from Trump.

:thumbsup:

Liars gotta lie; it must be in their genes.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2023, 12:57:20 pm »
I'm a Trump fan.

I find nothing wrong with what Mr. DeSantis said here.
Why attack him for speaking common sense ?

These threads always seem to devolve into shouting matches, which is why I seldom read them.

The "disunity" in this forum is a shining example of why the dumb whites of America are going to lose their country...

Agreed. There are only a select few in this forum who opt to outright lie and spread disinformation along with childish name calling of a candidate; which by the way have been 'talking' points at Trump rallies -- his playbook. It is unfortunate as I all in all felt Trump was a good president; his late antics now that he has competition from conservative candidates has spoiled any chance of him unifying GOP voters.  He'd rather whine, fabricate facts, make accusations and bully his way to obtain the nomination (as he did last time) which will continue to fracture the party and likely hand the WH to the DEMS.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2023, 01:13:32 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

What you’ve been doing to RDS in the last several months is very similar to what the left did to Donald Trump. Recall the false “very fine people” claim or the unsubstantiated “pee tape?” I have relatives who, even after showing them the full transcript of what Trump actually said about the Neo Nazis in Charlottesville, still insist he was referring to them as very fine people

I, along with many others, will be backing RDS’s campaign. I have looked at his record both as Gov and in Congress and, although I don’t agree with everything, he’s closer to my definition of a conservative than Trump. And that doesn’t mean that I  believe  that DeSantis is above any scrutiny or criticism or even being made fun of. No candidate is. I have no emotional bond to anybody in politics.

You’ve decided that you’re going to back Trump instead. That’s fine. Your vote and who to give it to is your business. However, that doesn’t mean that you get to post exaggerations and falsehoods about the opposing candidate in a poor attempt to prop yours up and not expect pushback.  And what you also don’t get to do is to tell others, and I have also been on the receiving end of this from you,  that they need to “get out of the way” in your quest to “save the country” because they won’t vote for Trump. You are not saving the country by voting for Trump. You’re simply voting for a candidate.

I understand you’ve been called names like “Trump leghumper” which I agree would be understandably upsetting. I was called a kook back in 2008 because I supported Ron Paul. I just ignored it

What is the purpose of this post @LMAO ?

« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2023, 01:17:02 pm »
Agreed. There are only a select few in this forum who opt to outright lie and spread disinformation along with childish name calling of a candidate;

Are you calling me a liar @libertybele ?  Pro tip: Be prepared to prove it, if you are.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2023, 01:17:32 pm »
Agreed. There are only a select few in this forum who opt to outright lie and spread disinformation along with childish name calling of a candidate; which by the way have been 'talking' points at Trump rallies -- his playbook. It is unfortunate as I all in all felt Trump was a good president; his late antics now that he has competition from conservative candidates has spoiled any chance of him unifying GOP voters.  He'd rather whine, fabricate facts, make accusations and bully his way to obtain the nomination (as he did last time) which will continue to fracture the party and likely hand the WH to the DEMS.

@libertybele

The irony here is you agree,and then you continue to "pile on".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2023, 01:19:33 pm »
:thumbsup:

Liars gotta lie; it must be in their genes.

You're doing the impossible with this @Kamaji  ----- You're making me miss Oceander.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2023, 01:20:28 pm »
Liars gotta lie.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2023, 01:21:15 pm »
@libertybele

The irony here is you agree,and then you continue to "pile on".

No irony here; only the truth as to what is transpiring.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2023, 01:26:25 pm »

If you don’t understand the purpose of that post, then I guess there is no hope

You got caught in another exaggeration and/or falsehood. Perhaps going forward a little healthy dose of skepticism of anything coming from the Trump camp would help.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline corbe

« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2023, 01:35:40 pm »
   Similarities abound; Trump and his supporters blow up the GOP and blame someone else.   333cleo
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2023, 01:51:19 pm »
Are you calling me a liar @libertybele ?  Pro tip: Be prepared to prove it, if you are.

Already proven.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Offline LMAO

« Reply #115 on: October 18, 2023, 01:54:26 pm »
How about if I want your "advice", I'll ask for it.  Would this work for you?

Good advice is giving out many times without the receiver asking  for it

Sixty seconds or less, that’s it, of research beyond Trump campaign propaganda would’ve shown that Ron DeSantis was pushing for travel bans before Donald Trump was running for president
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 01:56:52 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Hoodat

« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2023, 01:56:10 pm »

What is the purpose of you trolling on this thread about Gaza refugees with all your Trump campaign propaganda by inventing out of thin air a libelous narrative about Ron DeSantis?  A lie of a narrative that you continue to stand by? @Right_in_Virginia

And you have the effrontery to ask @libertybele for proof?  Where is your proof?  You have been caught in YET ANOTHER LIE on this board.  What were once vices have become habits with you.  Lie lie lie lie lie.

The first road to recovery is to admit your mistake.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2023, 02:00:13 pm »
I don’t believe RIV is deliberately lying. I don’t believe she’s that low

What I think is happening is that she’s become so discombobulated with DeSantis entering the race and challenging Donald Trump, that she’ll latch on to any narrative, without question, that diminishes Ron DeSantis

I’m gonna leave this thread until something comes up as it’s become now a pile on on her

I’d like to think that they’ll be some changes going forward

On this  issue of restricting immigration from countries that sponsored terrorism, we would be in safe hands with either Donald Trump or Ron DeSantis. Both men have records that back it up.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 02:04:49 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline corbe

« Reply #118 on: October 18, 2023, 02:02:45 pm »
Liars Everywhere · Toad the Wet Sprocket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_-bD9Ky_OY
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #119 on: October 18, 2023, 02:06:39 pm »
Calling someone a liar for exposing the exaggerations and falsehoods spewed by DeSantis and his campaign is palpable evidence of the panic and desperation among his supporters. 

Thank you ------ it's a great way to start the day.  :beer:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2023, 02:17:35 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia no, I didn't out and out call you a liar. I did however or at least my intent was to state that over and over disinformation is repeated by a select few with little or no validity.  Repeating disinformation does not make it true. Name calling of a conservative candidate, accusing them with little or no validity is harmful. Harmful to the chance of defeating liberals and the chance of seating more conservatives in Congress.  Secondly, it is just plain childish.

I have been repeatedly (and not by you to my knowledge) called a surrender monkey; all because I back a conservative candidate.  I've been accused of hating Trump.  You and I both know that I have repeatedly stated that Trump's rallies are like no other and he has a gift to be able to connect with his audience. I have also strongly given him credit when credit has been due., as I thought all in all he was a good president, but I refuse to give him a blanket free pass on everything. His errors and lack of action cost this country dearly.

I believe I have been pretty straightforward since I became a member of this forum and if a mistake I have made has been pointed out to me or if I later find that information that I posted turned out to be incorrect, I admit to my mistakes and I stand corrected.

Just as an aside, I have tried to respect you as a fellow Briefer, though I don't agree with you sometimes; this is a debate forum after all.  Yet, for some reason you continue to pull out your claws.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2023, 02:24:15 pm »
1.) Keep sending those buses of immigrants North.  More local and state Dems are demanding Federal action on the immigration crisis.

2.) There is no more room at the inn for more refugees.  Massachusetts is almost full:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/16/us/amid-migrant-influx-massachusetts-will-no-longer-guarantee-shelter.html

Amid Migrant Influx, Massachusetts Will No Longer Guarantee Shelter

Gov. Maura Healey said the state would have to start limiting emergency housing for new arrivals next month, calling for “a federal solution.”

By Jenna Russell
Oct. 16, 2023

The emergency shelter system in Massachusetts has been stretched to its breaking point, Gov. Maura Healey said on Monday, and the state will no longer guarantee shelter placements for new arrivals beginning next month, despite a law that says eligible families must be offered temporary housing. ...

... The number of families in shelters is expected to swell to 7,500 by the end of October, and cannot safely expand beyond that, Ms. Healey, a Democrat, said in a statement stacked with references to what she and other elected officials around the country have described as a lackluster federal response to migration. ...

... “This level of demand is not sustainable,” she said in a news conference at the Statehouse, in Boston. ...

... She pledged that the state would remain true to itself in the “next phase” of its efforts. “Massachusetts will continue to rise to this challenge — that is who we are,” she said. “But this is a federal problem that demands a federal solution.”
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 02:40:05 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2023, 02:28:09 pm »
Calling someone a liar for exposing the exaggerations and falsehoods spewed by DeSantis and his campaign is palpable evidence of the panic and desperation among his supporters. 

I haven't spewed exaggerations and falsehoods spewed by DeSantis -- I live in FL -- I can fact check him pretty readily @Right_in_Virginia  I watch his pressers often (not every single one), especially those he does in my neck of the woods. I can see what's happening around here vs. what he's saying and I don't see him trying to weasel his way out of responsibility. I admit I haven't knocked on his door when he's in town and questioned him eye to eye. His agenda to me is conservatively crystal clear, by his actions so far so I haven't felt the need to.

His biggest debable was the failed unemployment system during the pandemic.  That's been about his biggest failure.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #123 on: October 18, 2023, 02:40:14 pm »

The human ego. It is crippling at times. I was hoping for a little self reflection on your part but it appears that that’s not gonna be the case

But hey, if you have truly convinced yourself that this is what you’ve done in this thread, despite facts, links, records, etc. to the contrary, all I can say is you go girl
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 03:09:37 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #124 on: October 18, 2023, 02:44:25 pm »
DeSantis' state has a decent-sized Jewish constituency.  He doesn't want to $h!t in his own nest by embracing Gaza refugees.

Frankly, the Gazans have brought this upon themselves.  They need to organize vigilante posses to run Hamas out of Gaza permanently.  Hamas and Iran have done Gaza no favors.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.