Author Topic: New York Regulators Deal Huge Blow To The Offshore Wind Industry  (Read 153 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 New York Regulators Deal Huge Blow To The Offshore Wind Industry
Story by Nick Pope •
19h

New York state regulators rejected a request by offshore wind developers to renegotiate contracts with utility companies, marking a major blow to the industry on Thursday, E&E News reported.

The New York Public Services Commission (NYPSC) rejected requests by Orsted and Equinor-BP’s joint ventures to increase the prices the companies would receive from utility companies for offshore-wind generated power in the future in order to offset inflation, according to E&E News. The developers had requested more favorable terms for their projects as inflation, higher interest rates, and supply chain and logistical issues have eaten into their profit margins, trends that are troubling the entire offshore wind industry beyond New York state.

Had the petitioned requests been granted, ratepayers in the state could have been forced to pay more for their power as utility companies passed along the higher prices sought by the developers to cover their own costs, according to E&E News. Equinor and BP had requested a 54% price increase for their developments, while Orsted requested a 27% boost.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/new-york-regulators-deal-huge-blow-to-the-offshore-wind-industry/ar-AA1iaVy6?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=4f2e627e82b84bb6815a9fd6295939d5&ei=50
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson