Author Topic: Net Zero Ambitions: Sinking in a Sea of Reality?  (Read 155 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Net Zero Ambitions: Sinking in a Sea of Reality?
« on: October 14, 2023, 01:07:06 pm »
Net Zero Ambitions: Sinking in a Sea of Reality?
8 hours ago Charles Rotter 
Based on an article from zerohedge.

A recent article highlights a notable shift in investor sentiment away from renewable energy.

“Reuters reports that renewable energy funds suffered a net outflow of $1.4 billion in the July to September 2023 quarter.”

This marks the largest-ever quarterly outflow, signaling a significant retreat from the sector. The S&P Global Clean Energy Index, which encompasses major renewable energy companies, has also seen a decline of 30 percent this year, further illustrating the dwindling investor confidence in the net zero mission.

Political Skepticism Surrounds Net Zero Goals

Political voices across the globe are expressing skepticism and concern regarding the feasibility and impact of net zero policies. Australian Nationals Senator Matt Canavan, for instance, has described net zero as a “soundbite” and “totally insane,” emphasizing the extensive reliance of various sectors on fossil fuels.

““Almost everything we grow, we make, we do in our society relies on the use of fossil fuels,” he said.”

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/10/13/net-zero-ambitions-sinking-in-a-sea-of-reality/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson