Author Topic: Guarding the guardsmen: Disorder and discipline in the Nevada National Guard  (Read 197 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Guarding the guardsmen: Disorder and discipline in the Nevada National Guard
Posted: 6:02 PM, Oct 05, 2023 Updated: 12:25 AM, Oct 06, 2023
   By: Darcy Spears

Channel 13 chief investigator Darcy Spears hears from former military personnel, advocates and military families about serious concerns of disorder instead of discipline.

LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — We depend on our military to protect our freedom and our fundamental rights. But 13 Investigates found some who serve don't always have the same protections.

In our continuing series, "Guarding the Guardsmen," chief investigator Darcy Spears hears from former military personnel, advocates and military families about serious concerns of disorder instead of discipline.

Our series began with the life and untimely death of Sgt. 1st Class Allison Bailey.

Sgt. 1st Class Allison Bailey
KTNV
Sgt. 1st Class Allison Bailey, soldier in the Nevada National Guard with a stellar military career, chose to become a whistleblower and revealed a devastating personal secret. But instead of help, she says the Guard turned on her.

"To hear that a former member had died, and so soon after getting out of the military, remains a shock to the Nevada National Guard, the family, the friends and so many in the organization," said Capt. Emerson Marcus with the Nevada National Guard.

Bailey went from model soldier to being kicked out of the military. She died six weeks after she was discharged. You can see the details of her story at ktnv.com/guardingtheguardsmen.

https://www.ktnv.com/13-investigates/guarding-the-guardsmen-disorder-and-discipline-in-the-nevada-national-guard
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Not having the right to challenge an Article 15 by demanding a court-martial is B.S.