Author Topic: For US Army’s future command posts, one size will not fit all  (Read 222 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
For US Army’s future command posts, one size will not fit all
« on: October 08, 2023, 02:58:45 pm »
For US Army’s future command posts, one size will not fit all
By Colin Demarest
 Oct 7, 07:00 AM

WASHINGTON — Command posts must become nimbler and better networked over greater distances to prevent an enemy from targeting them and killing soldiers, according to U.S. Army leaders closely watching Russia’s assault on Ukraine for lessons in warfare.

Command posts of old were relatively stationary, a bear to construct and then breakdown, and often distinguishable by their heat, noise and electronic signatures. Such recognizable targets will not cut it in a fight against advanced adversaries such as Russia or China, as battlefields teem with advanced sensors, powerful jammers and weapons touting extended ranges, said Mark Kitz, the service’s recently installed leader of Program Executive Office Command, Control and Communications-Tactical.

“We learned a significant lesson in Ukraine, right? You have to move. These lower echelons, below the division, their command posts have to move to be survivable. They have to be dispersed to be survivable,” he said in an interview. “The command posts that we were building and architecting, with the network as an enabler, clearly would not be survivable in a large-scale combat operations fight.”

https://www.defensenews.com/battlefield-tech/2023/10/07/for-us-armys-future-command-posts-one-size-will-not-fit-all/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: For US Army’s future command posts, one size will not fit all
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2023, 03:05:08 pm »

“We learned a significant lesson in Ukraine, right? You have to move. These lower echelons, below the division, their command posts have to move to be survivable. They have to be dispersed to be survivable,” he said in an interview. “The command posts that we were building and architecting, with the network as an enabler, clearly would not be survivable in a large-scale combat operations fight.”

So, why is our government so intent on putting our electric infrastructure, in the form of windfarms,  on the ocean for easy access of destruction by our enemies?  In WWII, Germany had easy pickings off the east coast in the early part of the war.  With all the electronic tech today, and the military wanting to make everything electric, why do we make such easy destruction available to our enemies?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson