Author Topic: Never Trumpers Beginning to See the Writing on the Wall—That GOP Nomination Is Trump's to Lose  (Read 3443 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Never Trumpers Beginning to See the Writing on the Wall—That GOP Nomination Is Trump's to Lose
Becky Noble

You almost have to feel sorry for the anti/never-Trumpers. They thought Donald Trump was done all the way back to the Mar-a-Lago raid. When that didn't get rid of Trump, along came multiple indictments. Surely four indictments and 90-plus charges would do it. But much to their disappointment, Donald Trump's poll numbers remain as strong as ever, and he has a commanding lead over any of his Republican presidential challengers. All that winning is starting to wear on the anti-Trumpers, and it appears they may be ready to yell "uncle" and come to the conclusion that Donald Trump's supporters are not going anywhere.

Several political action committees (PACs) have decided that millions of dollars in anti-Trump ads are not moving the needle and are rethinking their spending habits. Win It Back is a PAC associated with the Club for Growth. They have spent around $6 million on 40 anti-Trump ads, which have proven to be ineffective. Republican Accountability PAC, a group of former Trump voters whose aim is to move the Republican Party beyond the Trump era, has spent $1 million on campaign ads in Iowa. Sarah Longwell is the head of the Republican Accountability PAC and said, "We have stopped spending money in the primary."

more
https://redstate.com/beckynoble/2023/10/06/anti-trumpers-beginning-to-see-the-writing-on-the-wall-that-gop-nomination-is-trumps-to-lose-n2164747
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If that's what they want, then that's what they're gonna get. Not sure it will work out like they envisioned.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
If that's what they want, then that's what they're gonna get. Not sure it will work out like they envisioned.

Exactly.  If Trump wins the nomination, he wins it.  Not going to whine about it.

Still not going to vote for the guy, though.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Exactly.  If Trump wins the nomination, he wins it.  Not going to whine about it.

Still not going to vote for the guy, though.

@Maj. Bill Martin

LOL!  Speaks volumes about you not only as man, but as a freedom-loving American.

You'd rather withhold your valuable vote and destroy America.

Thanks for the declaration. 

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Hoodat

@Maj. Bill Martin

LOL!  Speaks volumes about you not only as man, but as a freedom-loving American.

America is becoming a slave to debt.  Freedom-loving Americans don't want to be slaves.

Voting for more debt destroys America.

You have told us repeatedly that you don't need our votes.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

@Maj. Bill Martin

LOL!  Speaks volumes about you not only as a man, but as a freedom-loving American.

@DCPatriot

I'm curious.  What does that say about me "as a man"?

Also, I do feel compelled to point out once again that Trump himself said there are a bunch of Republicans running for the nomination that he wouldn't support against Biden even if they ended up as the nominee.  Does that say the same things about Trump "as a man", and "as an American?"
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 02:08:52 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'd vote for Hitler before I'd ever vote for Trump again.   Well, maybe not Hitler, but Benito Mussolini. He made the trains run on time.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Hoodat

Also, I do feel compelled to point out once again that Trump himself said there are a bunch of Republicans running for the nomination that he wouldn't support against Biden even if they ended up as the nominee.  Does that say the same things about Trump "as a man", and "as an American?"

But . . . but . . . but that's different.  You really don't expect Trumpers to follow the same rules they impose on everyone else.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@Maj. Bill Martin

Voting for POTUS who campaigns on Freedom Cities and Bonus Babies?  What is conservative about that?  And a turd who rather shit on another GOP opponent than go after the dims?   From intel and fin data, it sounds like he has a pretty good plan to add $15T to our national debt, and destroy us from within.  So isn't a manner of picking our poison rather than fixing it?

And don't give me that binary choice bullshit like 2016.  Do we really want a GOP POTUS who triggers a SHTF mid 2020's, and gets blamed for it?

F Trump!!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I'm curious.  What does that say about me "as a man"?

an American?"

It says you are a principled good conservative like me, who can see an orange Trojan Horse a 100 miles away.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

I'd vote for Hitler before I'd ever vote for Trump again.   Well, maybe not Hitler, but Benito Mussolini. He made the trains run on time.

My train runs on time... but that's Miralax. Vote for Miralax.  :laugh:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Offline roamer_1

Offline Wingnut

:beer:

Side note. This is so much better than the Aerosmith version.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Once again, a Fishrrman "kinda flaky" prediction:

There may be a third Republican "debate".
But there probably won't be any more after that.

Offline roamer_1

Side note. This is so much better than the Aerosmith version.

Yes it is. Somebody did a Rockabilly/Southern Rock version I like best... Couldn't tell you who.  :shrug:

Offline LMAO

And don't give me that binary choice bullshit like 2016.  Do we really want a GOP POTUS who triggers a SHTF mid 2020's, and gets blamed for it?

F Trump!!!!!

Exactly

Right now, Joe Biden, and his party, are bearing the brunt of the blame for the wrong direction of the country. Had Trump won reelection he would have continued the spending and the inflation and Democrats would not only blame Trump for the inflation, but conservativism and capitalism as well

MAGAs know that Trump is and would be a fiscal disaster. But they either don’t believe any negative consequences will result because Trump will spend the money “on the right things” or they believe there are more important issues like “saving America” which is really saving Trump
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

But they either don’t believe any negative consequences will result because Trump will spend the money “on the right things” or they believe there are more important issues like “saving America” which is really saving Trump

That about sums it up for me.   We're not some banana republic that lurches from one caudillo to another.

We're the freaking United States of America.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That about sums it up for me.   We're not some banana republic that lurches from one caudillo to another.

Like hell we're not!  What else do you call a place that no longer has a rule of law worthy of the name?

We'rewere the freaking United States of America.

Fixed it for you.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Like hell we're not!  What else do you call a place that no longer has a rule of law worthy of the name?

Fixed it for you.

I'd rather not take the irreversible step of going down the caudillo route to "fix" it.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
@Maj. Bill Martin

I'd rather die, and I just might.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online cato potatoe

For old times' sake -- Patrick McHenry trolls Barney Frank on the House floor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MszfkyOl8w

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

We're the freaking United States of America.

@Maj. Bill Martin

We,as a nation,don't seem to be very united to me.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Voting for POTUS who campaigns on Freedom Cities and Bonus Babies?  What is conservative about that?  And a turd who rather shit on another GOP opponent than go after the dims?   From intel and fin data, it sounds like he has a pretty good plan to add $15T to our national debt, and destroy us from within.  So isn't a manner of picking our poison rather than fixing it?

F Trump!!!!!

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Hoodat

For old times' sake -- Patrick McHenry trolls Barney Frank on the House floor

I remember that.  It was awesome.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-