Author Topic: Never Trumpers Beginning to See the Writing on the Wall—That GOP Nomination Is Trump's to Lose  (Read 3442 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
You know damn well that I don't have a family or kids. And under Trump, rabid anti-family sentiment has risen among those with wombs. Nonbinary didn't exist until Trump. Lesbianism has increased fivefold. The women who would swallow their pride and marry people like me are now refusing to marry anyone.

Why should I not die? Why should I keep living, knowing I'm just consuming resources and contributing to a warming planet? To give you guys another vote for your cult leader, who can do no wrong even though he regularly does wrong, who appointed Fauci, who advised Cuomo, who assumed dictatorship over four states in spring 2020?

Answer me! Because if things don't get better within the next couple of years, I just might end it.

To enjoy another sunrise.  To thank God for the gift and opportunity.

Suicide is the ultimate temper tantrum

Go plant a fk'n tree or something.   *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

DCPatriot observes:
"You take Narcissism to record heights, ya' mountain goat."

That's why I put him on ignore years ago, and will never change that.

There's a relative newcomer here (who's been referred to as "a loyalist") who I'm thinkin' about pushin' the button on, as well (but not yet).

@Fishrrman

Yep...these freaks come and go, don't they?

But putting any on ignore won't make you more sane.  When anyone replies to them, you see their posts.

Forum's too small to lose them.   

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline berdie

You know damn well that I don't have a family or kids. And under Trump, rabid anti-family sentiment has risen among those with wombs. Nonbinary didn't exist until Trump. Lesbianism has increased fivefold. The women who would swallow their pride and marry people like me are now refusing to marry anyone.

Why should I not die? Why should I keep living, knowing I'm just consuming resources and contributing to a warming planet? To give you guys another vote for your cult leader, who can do no wrong even though he regularly does wrong, who appointed Fauci, who advised Cuomo, who assumed dictatorship over four states in spring 2020?

Answer me! Because if things don't get better within the next couple of years, I just might end it.

Never judge tomorrow by today. Life is the most precious gift you have been given.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
To enjoy another sunrise.  To thank God for the gift and opportunity.

Suicide is the ultimate temper tantrum

Go plant a fk'n tree or something.   *****rollingeyes*****
The sun rises or falls with or without me. And what opportunity? For life itself? If it were that valuable, I would be allowed to pass it on beyond my lifetime, and He has denied me that. There is no beauty in the flesh.

You are not entitled to my existence. So if you want to belittle me for eventually making that choice down the road... that won't be my problem anymore. If God is as just as His followers say, I have nothing to fear; for I will receive my just reward, whatever that may be. No one on this realm will be able to hurt me.

I hate what our nation has become. I hate what our society has become. I hate that I have no route to persevere despite that, only to languish in an incomplete life. I want to believe life is beautiful, life is valuable... but the cult worship, the debauchery, the lack of respect for it... I can't go on living like this, and there seems to be no escape that leaves me still alive.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Let me say this much before someone tries to get me institutionalized: this death I'm talking about is not in the immediate or near future. I want to give life a chance to get better. Admittedly the past couple of days have been rough for seemingly no good reason. I think it CAN get better...but I don't see how it does.

You know the old cycle about hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, weak men create hard times? I feel like we're on that last part of the cycle. It's going to get ugly, and what's on the other side of that ugly could well be unrecognizable. And by then, it might well be too late for me, even if I survive it.

Little meaningless pleasures like sunrises don't give me the will to live.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline roamer_1

Let me say this much before someone tries to get me institutionalized: this death I'm talking about is not in the immediate or near future. I want to give life a chance to get better. Admittedly the past couple of days have been rough for seemingly no good reason. I think it CAN get better...but I don't see how it does.

You know the old cycle about hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, weak men create hard times? I feel like we're on that last part of the cycle. It's going to get ugly, and what's on the other side of that ugly could well be unrecognizable. And by then, it might well be too late for me, even if I survive it.

You should try disability.

A very good friend to me, and a friend of @Quix (RIP), marysecretary, set me straight in my dark hour. She'd found so much grace in her disability over the decades as she continued to faithfully pray for her healing A healing that never came by the way - She died on the operating table, receiving the kidney that would have finally changed her life. But she would tell you that it didn't matter in the end.

At the time my very own wheelchair was sitting before me - I'd had others, rented for events and the like - but this one was my very own. There was a finality to it... More inescapable than yours. That chair predicted a life that I strenuously objected to... That chair was the very cusp of the failure that I had failed to remedy. My life was crashing down around me... My business and marriage destroyed, my children witness to my failure that it turned out, I was not man enough to conquer.

That was the setting and circumstance. marysecretary offered me no pity. She kindly recognized my plight as I saw it, but offered that my self-pity was nothing but distraction - A distraction from the faith I had proven. I was so much more than my legs she said. Look to the future with everything on the table - Every bounty Yah has said he has in store, and in that future lay your bets.

And she was right. For all the trouble of that time, it would have been easy to suck a bullet. And don't think I didn't think of that. But since then I witnessed a miracle in myself. I got up out of that cursed chair one day. And I began to walk it off. Bonafide miracle. Nothing but net.

What a time that was for me.  All the pain of it... All the trials. How many times did I fall down? Uncountable. But each time, there was my dead father's voice in my ear, bidding me to get back up. Many times as I walked those hard steps I had a cool breeze at my back, just when I needed it most.

Oh the unbridled joy on the Fourth of July the following year, hotter than blue blazes, Sweat pouring off of me like rain, when finally, finally I topped Lone Pine mountain, a wee hill near my house that I used to run up with two 5 gallon pails of gravel on my back... Never so hard as that day. How beautiful a moment, coming up over the top of that trail to look over the valley. A year later I was up on top of the Columbia range - Real mountains - Overlooking the valley from the other direction. A year later I was hunting deep timber - back where I belong.

Had I been foolish enough to end it all those few years back, I'd have missed out on such an incredible journey. I'd have missed that beautiful day when I once again slung a hooch back up in the sticks, hunkered down by a campfire. I'd have missed three women that had an impact on me since my divorce. I'd have missed most of the companionship with my dog Chewy, who was with me nearly every step of the way. I'd have missed my 5  grandchildren.

Now, you can't tell me Yah don't have a sense of humor... Because here I am again, with my legs so bad that I can barely walk down the driveway and back. The back surgery is over with - justifying nearly 20 years of pain - Those years when many said I was faking it - which I would have missed too. And I have it to do all over again sommore. My life's work has become nothing other than getting up again, again.

But I look to the days coming with relish. I know this road. I have been on it before. And the distraction marysecretary told me about is still there, if I would choose to give it strength. But I will not. If I never get better than the POS I am right now, He already gave me nearly two decades of beautiful life, full of confirmation that He was there, walking beside me.

And as for sunrise... See it from the top of a mountain on a clear mountain day, rivers of clouds snaking beneath you in the valleys, with air so cold it hurts to breath. Be there and call that a 'little meaningless pleasure'. Yah willing, I'd be standing there with you to see that, even one more time.

Offline roamer_1

Yep...these freaks come and go, don't they?

Nope. Been here the whole time.

Forum's too small to lose them.

As if you had the stones to get that done...  :whistle:

Online DCPatriot

Nope. Been here the whole time.

As if you had the stones to get that done...  :whistle:

You misunderstand me.

You and I have no problem, far as I'm concerned.

If TOS had an ignore feature, you could never 'see' that person's posts again.
Here, with the number of regular daily posters, putting anybody on IGNORE is figuratively futile.

That's all I meant.

Now run along and poke someone else.   happy77

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

@jmyrlefuller

You seem to be beating your head against the wall because one life path you wish to go down isn't open to you. At least, not right now.  I would tell you from experience that the harder you try to meet someone, and the more desperate you feel, the more difficult it is.

Also...it isn't everything even if you do get it.  I've got plenty of divorced friends, some with no kids, some whose kids are estranged, etc..  Many marriages don't turn out well, and can end up being more a source of misery than anything else.  Point is, all those guys end up finding enjoyment in other things in life because they realize that life is not just about that.

So maybe it is time to try something else for awhile.  Is there something - anything - that you enjoy?  Any goals/dreams you might have that don't involved marriage/family?  Because maybe it is time to focus on some of that - the part of you that isn't angry about not yet finding someone.

I was watching an interview with Jordan Peterson, and someone asked him "what is your biggest regret in life".  He actually got a bit emotional, and said "that I never learned to play a musical instrument.".  And that hit me really hard because until he gave voice to that regret, I had never realized how much I had the same regret.  Love music, never played...and it is honestly a source of sadness to me today.  I really, really wish I had learned something and gotten decent at it.   And the saddest part about that is there is nothing that stopped me except me.  There are time when life beat me up that I sure as hell wished I had that as something nobody else could take away from me.

Is there anything about which you are passionate into which you could put some of your frustration, and find something better?  Doesn't have to be music, or art...but anything you enjoy reading? Games you like playing, etc.?

Or even the easiest one -- doing some volunteer work.  Thinking about helping others even on a small scale can be a passion that pays huge dividends in your own life.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 02:54:20 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline roamer_1

I was watching an interview with Jordan Peterson, and someone asked him "what is your biggest regret in life".  He actually got a bit emotional, and said "that I never learned to play a musical instrument.".  And that hit me really hard because until he gave voice to that regret, I had never realized how much I had the same regret.  Love music, never played...and it is honestly a source of sadness to me today.  I really, really wish I had learned something and gotten decent at it.   And the saddest part about that is there is nothing that stopped me except me. 

All that's stopping you now is you, friend. Make it happen. Taught myself every stringed instrument except the dobro and fiddle(s)... Anything guitar-ish... banjo, mandolin... Good enough to get paid in a cover band... For years it was put away. Many years because my wife didn't want me to wake the kids... Abandoned.

The first thing into this house was that guitar, and it has not been in its case since. Not one day passes without that old guitar and me.

One of the best things.

Offline DB

I love music. I'm untrainable... For some reason I'm the only one in the family will zero musical ability. I doubt I could even do cow bell reliably...

Offline roamer_1

I love music. I'm untrainable... For some reason I'm the only one in the family will zero musical ability. I doubt I could even do cow bell reliably...

Remember that recorder you played in school? That flute-thingy?

Well, I am sitting here, right? So I picked one of those up, and I am getting seriously bad-ass with it...
Never got into wind instruments So it may as well be new to me, with my only experience being all the way back in elementary school. I know, I know... Not that classy. But it's setting me up for my next trick, which will be an authentic native flute, which will be my next purchase.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

@jmyrlefuller

In the military we were "ordered" in the strongest terms possible to report any talk, discussion, expression, or indication of suicide (saying goodbye to everyone while giving all possessions away). Talk of suicide is a very serious issue, even if it is followed by a disclaimer (I was only joking/blowing off steam, etc.) If we were in the military I would be under orders to report you to the base Chaplin.

It is not within my purview to try to help you. That is, of course, your decision up to you.

Speaking in the capacity of a fellow human being, there are dozens of free encounter groups or group therapy organizations in almost every community. This is a very 'safe' environment. Nobody will question/criticize you or look down on you. This is a great way to meet people (including women) to give yourself a feeling that you matter and that you are moving forward in life. There is one walking distance from me held in a church on Monday evening. Isolation is the worst thing you could do. Get out there and live life.

Do something bold and different to break out of the rut. Maybe take a trip somewhere? If you keep doing the same thing over and over, you will always get the same result.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DB

The sun rises or falls with or without me. And what opportunity? For life itself? If it were that valuable, I would be allowed to pass it on beyond my lifetime, and He has denied me that. There is no beauty in the flesh.

You are not entitled to my existence. So if you want to belittle me for eventually making that choice down the road... that won't be my problem anymore. If God is as just as His followers say, I have nothing to fear; for I will receive my just reward, whatever that may be. No one on this realm will be able to hurt me.

I hate what our nation has become. I hate what our society has become. I hate that I have no route to persevere despite that, only to languish in an incomplete life. I want to believe life is beautiful, life is valuable... but the cult worship, the debauchery, the lack of respect for it... I can't go on living like this, and there seems to be no escape that leaves me still alive.

Never surrender. You may think you know what tomorrow will bring, you don't. None of us do. Stop focusing on the things you can't control and work on things you can. If you want someone to be content with you, you have to learn to be content with yourself. You need to start there.

That's my two electrons...

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
All organizations that are not actually right-wing will over time become left-wing -
"O'Sullivan's First Law: An eternal truth by John O'Sullivan

I will have no part of it as long as the Lord allows me the discernment to tell the difference.

Trump self-identifies as a Republican. Like Bruce Jenner self-identifies as a woman.

Just a 2016 flashback: Lastest rumor from Trump buddy at/via National Enquirer is that Cruz is on the list of the DC Madam.

IOWs, I will not vote for Trump.

========================

Mr. Fuller, you know most of us would give a hind leg to be a young healthy not-unattractive fellow like you again. Keep praying and putting yourself out there.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 05:31:58 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Kamaji

@jmyrlefuller

You seem to be beating your head against the wall because one life path you wish to go down isn't open to you. At least, not right now.  I would tell you from experience that the harder you try to meet someone, and the more desperate you feel, the more difficult it is.

Also...it isn't everything even if you do get it.  I've got plenty of divorced friends, some with no kids, some whose kids are estranged, etc..  Many marriages don't turn out well, and can end up being more a source of misery than anything else.  Point is, all those guys end up finding enjoyment in other things in life because they realize that life is not just about that.

So maybe it is time to try something else for awhile.  Is there something - anything - that you enjoy?  Any goals/dreams you might have that don't involved marriage/family?  Because maybe it is time to focus on some of that - the part of you that isn't angry about not yet finding someone.

I was watching an interview with Jordan Peterson, and someone asked him "what is your biggest regret in life".  He actually got a bit emotional, and said "that I never learned to play a musical instrument.".  And that hit me really hard because until he gave voice to that regret, I had never realized how much I had the same regret.  Love music, never played...and it is honestly a source of sadness to me today.  I really, really wish I had learned something and gotten decent at it.   And the saddest part about that is there is nothing that stopped me except me.  There are time when life beat me up that I sure as hell wished I had that as something nobody else could take away from me.

Is there anything about which you are passionate into which you could put some of your frustration, and find something better?  Doesn't have to be music, or art...but anything you enjoy reading? Games you like playing, etc.?

Or even the easiest one -- doing some volunteer work.  Thinking about helping others even on a small scale can be a passion that pays huge dividends in your own life.

:thumbsup: