Author Topic: Who is Mary Moriarty? Minneapolis prosecutor goes easy on violent criminals angering victims'  (Read 278 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Who is Mary Moriarty? Minneapolis prosecutor goes easy on violent criminals angering victims' families
Story by Poulami Sengupta •
20h

MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA: Hennepin County Attorney Mary Moriarty is at odd with the relatives of Minneapolis crime victims as they they think the convicted killers of their family members were given lenient punishments.

Moriarty became the district attorney in January 2023, after a somewhat contentious election.

Termed as a "progressive prosecutor," Moriarty described herself as "a fierce advocate for fighting systemic injustices" intending to "put a spotlight on racial biases in the criminal legal system," per Daily Mail.

However, the family members of the victims now want her to change her stance as they believe the killers have not received the punishment they deserve.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/who-is-mary-moriarty-minneapolis-prosecutor-goes-easy-on-violent-criminals-angering-victims-families/ar-AA1hD5NQ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=32c5c3cde6ec4a2cad8023360b350da4&ei=28
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson