Author Topic: Home Depot CEO Cries Out About the Growing Trend of Retail Theft and its Harm to the Retail Industry  (Read 318 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Home Depot CEO Cries Out About the Growing Trend of Retail Theft and its Harm to the Retail Industry
Story by Olawale Ogunjimi •
18h

Some of the country's top retailers are shutting down their stores, not because of poor patronage but as a result of retail theft. Recently, a Home Depot top executive has stepped forward to shed more light on the rising threat.

Retail theft has grown beyond the random and low-scale incidents we were used to. Now, the perpetrators are more defiant and the operations more harmful.

Over the past year, Home Depot has lost two of its staff - Blake Mohrs,  26, and Gary Rasor, 83 in two such incidents. Home Depot CEO, Ted Decker, has described the new wave of theft as a "big problem for retail."

To worsen matters, retail theft has now assumed an organizational dimension. In August 2023, a pastor was arrested for orchestrating the theft of over $1.4 million worth of goods from multiple Home Depot stores in Florida.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/home-depot-ceo-cries-out-about-the-growing-trend-of-retail-theft-and-its-harm-to-the-retail-industry/ar-AA1h6oev?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=32c5c3cde6ec4a2cad8023360b350da4&ei=44
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
  In August 2023, a pastor was arrested for orchestrating the theft of over $1.4 million worth of goods from multiple Home Depot stores in Florida.

A "pastor" ala Al Sharptongue?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson