Author Topic: Gaetz Has Filed Motion To Vacate the Chair  (Read 8909 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Gaetz Has Filed Motion To Vacate the Chair
« Reply #250 on: October 03, 2023, 09:19:06 pm »
I think this is what confirms it was personal.  They gained nothing.  McCarthy's gone, but one of his strongest allies is now Speaker pro tem and has absolutely zero reason to show any consideration to the hardliners.  They've lost whatever leverage they may have had, and are now just kind of irrelevant.  And if they threaten McHenry with "We'll just file another motion to vacate and get rid of you!", he'd likely response with "Go ahead.  I didn't want the job anyway."  They had one bullet in their gun, used it, and now...nothing.

The group that has gained the most of out of this is House Democrats.  Because with the hardliners now being alienated from the rest of the caucus, they'll be the ones with whom deals have to be made.

???? No, I don't think so. I believe that they perhaps realize that they need to listen to the hard line conservatives AND they also need to realize that they can't lie and make 'hidden' deals just because they have always gotten away with it.  I am hoping that this has put a dent in the Country Club that so needs to be done away with. 

It is time to either stand for conservatism or keep with the status quo and continue to let our country die.  Just my humble opinion.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #251 on: October 03, 2023, 09:21:16 pm »
On notice of what?

A ton of the folks you label RINOs (which apparently is about 210 of the GOP House members....) come from districts that actually like them, and keep re-electing them.  They are far more worried about alienating those voters than they are about alienating a small group of hardliners in Congress.

And the same is true for McCarthy and the Speakership.  You had the hardliners on the right making demands, but then also representatives on the other end demanding that he not give up too much.  As it turns out, there was no way to keep both groups happy.

On notice that is time to unite as conservatives and quit siding with the Dems!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #252 on: October 03, 2023, 09:22:16 pm »

I disagree.  The true dysfunction and disservice to this country are the RINO's who keep siding with the liberals and making closed doors deals. While this upset could make matters worse, it IMHO was a warning shot to the RINO's in Congress. It put the McCarthys and McConnells on notice.

I also believe Gaetz needs to be given a pat on the back for having the courage to go up against RINO McCarthy.  It was a bold move, a gamble with his political career which is probably on the line, but he had the guts to do it.  Bravo!

LOL!  I wouldn't be surprised if Scott Boras already reached out to Matt Gaetz.    happy77

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #254 on: October 03, 2023, 09:24:25 pm »
Guess you didn't see the RDS interview today with Cavuto.  RDS has data that shows Trump spent $25M in negative campaign ads toward him.  Fighting each other?  lol

Orange Tumpy can at least keep hypocricy out of few of his "Untruthful Social" posts at least once in awhile/

Yes I listened to him..I always have FOX News on.

LOL at the hypocrisy of Trump's statement...but it doesn't take away the fact that Repubs NEVER stand together and seem to always appear to foment chaos. jmo
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #255 on: October 03, 2023, 09:25:39 pm »
Yes I listened to him..I always have FOX News on.

LOL at the hypocrisy of Trump's statement...but it doesn't take away the fact that Repubs NEVER stand together and seem to always appear to foment chaos. jmo

Spot On....   :beer:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #256 on: October 03, 2023, 09:26:07 pm »
Guess you didn't see the RDS interview today with Cavuto.  RDS has data that shows Trump spent $25M in negative campaign ads toward him.  Fighting each other?  lol

Orange Tumpy can at least keep hypocricy out of few of his "Untruthful Social" posts at least once in awhile/

Apples/Oranges.

Don't be a stoonaad!   RDS fired the 1st shot by declaring his candidacy.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #257 on: October 03, 2023, 09:27:16 pm »
???? No, I don't think so. I believe that they perhaps realize that they need to listen to the hard line conservatives AND they also need to realize that they can't lie and make 'hidden' deals just because they have always gotten away with it.  I am hoping that this has put a dent in the Country Club that so needs to be done away with. 

It is time to either stand for conservatism or keep with the status quo and continue to let our country die.  Just my humble opinion.

So basically your way or the highway? That is not how things are supposed to work in this country. THE SYSTEM THAT OUR FOUNDERS SET UP WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THAT BOTH SIDES FIND COMMON GROUND WHEN IT COMES TO GOVERNING IN THIS COUNTRY! THAT IS THE STATUS QUO!
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #258 on: October 03, 2023, 09:28:42 pm »
Apples/Oranges.

Don't be a stoonaad!   RDS fired the 1st shot by declaring his candidacy.

Does that also apply to Trump's recent suggestion that the RNC cease debates?  Trump's a hypocrite no matter which angle you slice those apples and oranges
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline kevindavis007

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #260 on: October 03, 2023, 09:31:18 pm »
Arson Caucus strikes again.  Pubs can kiss their majority goodbye, at least until they have control over their fringe characters.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #261 on: October 03, 2023, 09:31:52 pm »
On notice that is time to unite as conservatives and quit siding with the Dems!

Well, they tried to cut a deal with the hardliners.  The "Main Street Caucus" agreed to Chip Roy's plan for 8% cuts and a border bill.  But the hardliners rejected that.

Here's reality -- the rest of the GOP caucus is not willing to go with the long-term shutdown demanded by the hardliners.  They won't do it because their voters would kill them.  So they've now learned that dealmaking with the hardliners doesn't work.  That leaves working with Dems as their only option if they want to avoid long shutdowns.

Just watch.  Anyone thinking this actions is going to cause a shift to the right is going to be very disappointed.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 09:33:05 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline kevindavis007

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #263 on: October 03, 2023, 09:34:18 pm »
#thefive

Judge Janine: "DemocRats who hate MAGA Republicans are joining House  GOP 8 to oust Speaker Kevin McCarthy.

The Devil 👿 is in the middle of all this chaos."

#DemocratPlaybook101
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #264 on: October 03, 2023, 09:34:31 pm »
RAWALERTS
@rawsalerts

Patrick McHenry (R-NC) becomes acting House Speaker

4:54 PM · Oct 3, 2023

Chad Pergram
@ChadPergram

GOP NC Rep Patrick McHenry is now the Speaker Pro Tempore

5:05 PM · Oct 3, 2023

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #265 on: October 03, 2023, 09:35:24 pm »
Excuse me? Trump is running as a Republican. I don't see him bowing out to unify the party, because he thinks he's entitled to the Presidency. And that's the problem.

:thumbsup:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #266 on: October 03, 2023, 09:35:53 pm »
Arson Caucus strikes again.  Pubs can kiss their majority goodbye, at least until they have control over their fringe characters.

Agreed!

And does anyone other than me notice that @roamer_1 seems to be hiding from this thread like the plague. 

It serves as EXHIBIT A that he's a fringe character not able to function in the real world.

Offline kevindavis007

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #268 on: October 03, 2023, 09:38:50 pm »
Does that also apply to Trump's recent suggestion that the RNC cease debates?  Trump's a hypocrite no matter which angle you slice those apples and oranges

You slice an apple.  You peel an orange.   :laugh:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #269 on: October 03, 2023, 09:40:02 pm »
The Spectator Index
@spectatorindex

BREAKING: Acting House Speaker Patrick McHenry angrily slams the gavel after Kevin McCarthy's removal as speaker.

5:14 PM · Oct 3, 2023

Video:

https://twitter.com/SteakforPodcast/status/1709313825131159720

« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 09:46:52 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #270 on: October 03, 2023, 09:40:09 pm »
They aren’t going to like McHenry any better.  Cue the circus music.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #271 on: October 03, 2023, 09:41:19 pm »
Agreed!

And does anyone other than me notice that @roamer_1 seems to be hiding from this thread like the plague. 

It serves as EXHIBIT A that he's a fringe character not able to function in the real world.

Low blow @DCPatriot     **nononono*
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #272 on: October 03, 2023, 09:42:01 pm »
They aren’t going to like McHenry any better.  Cue the circus music.

I think this is going to end up about as well as it did when leftists vented their emotions by pushing for defunding the police, no bail, etc..  Lots of folks not thinking through the full consequences of the actions they support.

We should start hearing leaks in the next day or so about what is going on behind closed doors in the GOP caucus.  I'll bet it's fun!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 09:44:08 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline kevindavis007

Offline kevindavis007