Author Topic: San Francisco Bay boaters forced to fight off 'pirates' as seafaring bandits ravage community  (Read 270 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
San Francisco Bay boaters forced to fight off 'pirates' as seafaring bandits ravage community
Story by Chris Eberhart •
8h

Alameda police chief talks about pirates attacking boats in Oakland Harbor
Residents living on houseboats and yachts in the San Francisco Bay resorted to physically fighting off seafaring bandits who are ransacking their ships, former harbor master Brock de Lappe said.

Another woman said she rescued a man whose sailboat drifted into the bay without a motor or any way to get back to shore after one of the "pirates," which is what the resident call the burglars, cut his boat line during an argument.

"The open shoreline of the (Oakland-Alameda) estuary is littered with sunken wrecks and derelict, end-of-life vessels, and crime has risen to truly intolerable levels," de Lappe said during a municipal meeting.

"Multiple vessels have been stolen and ransacked. Victims have had to resort to personally confronting the criminals to recover their property without the benefit of police support. Is this appropriate activity for a 79-year-old senior?"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/san-francisco-bay-boaters-forced-to-fight-off-pirates-as-seafaring-bandits-ravage-community/ar-AA1hy95O?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=aaa920f04f394ab882656acee3df68b3&ei=16
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson