Author Topic: WATCH: Ron DeSantis Kills It on Bill Maher, Has the Lib Audience Cheering  (Read 12052 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: WATCH: Ron DeSantis Kills It on Bill Maher, Has the Lib Audience Cheering
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2023, 10:47:06 pm »
@LMAO

I don't  know,but there ARE a lot of genuine cowboys in Florida. Some really big cattle ranches in the interior parts.

I always picture Floridan footwear as what the guys on "Swamp people; Serpent Invasion" wear wink777
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2023, 10:47:50 pm »
Except that it's bullshit. Again. Sommore.  *****rollingeyes*****

@roamer_1

REALLY?

Was that asshat wearing pointy toe cowboy boots that were looking up,or not?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2023, 10:49:05 pm »
Claim: President Trump says he built the greatest ever US economy prior to the coronavirus outbreak and that now it's recovering faster than ever.

Reality Check verdict: It's true the economy was doing well prior to the pandemic - continuing a trend which began during the Obama administration - but there have been periods when it was much stronger.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-45827430

I don't believe we had any year that GDP was equal or greater than 3% under Trump or Obama
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 10:53:23 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2023, 10:49:54 pm »

Amazing. If he wore lifts who cares? If he's 5'7 Who cares? @Right in Virginia Based on height, Lurch would have been a shoe (or boot) in for you.

And for the record, I doubt seriously that there are lifts in those boots. They aren't even the same boots that were originally posted on a different thread.

@berdie *I* am the one that asked the question because I was curious about the toes pointing up,PERIOD.

Had NOTHING to do with  politics.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2023, 10:51:30 pm »
@roamer_1

REALLY?

Was that asshat wearing pointy toe cowboy boots that were looking up,or not?

@sneakypete

ALL shitkicker toes bend upward, as a matter of wear from walking in em.

And that stupid graphic was of a normal boot and a whole lot of Tumpist bullcrap.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 10:53:46 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2023, 10:52:32 pm »
I have a pair of snakeskin Frye boots in my closet that I haven't put on for over 40 years.   :laugh:

Toes are pointed...they served a purpose trapping roaches and other poisonous critters in corners of the room.

...not in MY Room @roamer_1  ... old Western State rooms.

...like Montana.   :bolt:   

:laugh:

@DCPatriot

I have always been led to believe that cowboy  boots have pointy toes in order to make it easier to slide  them into  stirrups in a hurry.

They are/were work boots,and like everything else used for work,there is a purpose for every feature.

I am just not used to seeing them with the toes pointing up,so I asked a question.

WTH is everybody making such a big freaking deal out of this?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2023, 10:53:41 pm »
??? Seriously, we're talking about a candidates shoes?  That's the focus? For crying out loud we have a Republic that is hanging by a slim thread and we're worried about shoes/boots.

Who in the heck cares if DeSantis wears cowboy boots, sneakers, loafers, dress shoes, or crocs?  What matters is he's getting the job done and is a conservative. 

Can we get back to the issues???

@libertybele

Ok,DeSanctimonious is a gutless punk,regardless of his footwear.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2023, 10:56:24 pm »
My two cents...

You're asking us to abandon Donald Trump based upon his economic record as POTUS.

You're asking us to ignore 4 years of global peace.  Not a single American soldier was KIA during President Trump's term.

You're asking us to ignore that he was 'Conservative' enough to account for 'Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Barrett'.

I like to use sports analogies. 

In Donald Trump we have a proven stud who muted our enemies while POTUS.
So many victories and accomplishments...all while surrounded by enemies and scoundrels.
A true ALL-STAR!

And you want to retire his ass and try ....somebody different?

Why would anybody want to bench Ty Cobb and play Manny Mendoza? :shrug:

Because he is rude,he is orange,and most of all,he is stinking rich.

I will admit he tends to act like an asshat part of the time,but you  are not going to get change with  a Miss Manners  candidate. We  either get a (POLITICAL) bomb-thrower,or  America is OVER.

Offline berdie

« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2023, 10:57:06 pm »
@berdie *I* am the one that asked the question because I was curious about the toes pointing up,PERIOD.

Had NOTHING to do with  politics.

I answered to the response @sneakypete It was a response slamming DeSantis. His height and foot wear. So it was political in nature. If it was not political, perhaps it shouldn't have been posted in the first place. :shrug:

I have no allegiance to any candidate at this point. But..I am from Texas. :rolling:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2023, 11:01:57 pm »
Trump did not inherit a nation in an economic crisis and inflation was relatively low when he took office

That will not be the case in 2024. Despite the current administration's cheerleading, people are hurting

Trump did cut regulations and red tape in the energy industry that helped the economy

But you can't borrow, spend, print forever without any negative effects and Trump did that and we are feeling that today with Biden making it worse with his war on energy. And despite Trump's claim, we can't print our way out of default. That's dangerously ridiculous
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 11:04:16 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2023, 11:03:17 pm »
@libertybele

Footwear?

You mean like combat boots like you wore?  Last I saw DJT dodged Vietnam service on a hokey medical exemption.  That ought to piss you off, right off the bat.

While RDS joined by means of being inspired by 9-11.

Tell me again, who the gutless punk is?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2023, 11:08:06 pm »
My two cents...

You're asking us to abandon Donald Trump based upon his economic record as POTUS.

You're asking us to ignore 4 years of global peace.  Not a single American soldier was KIA during President Trump's term.

You're asking us to ignore that he was 'Conservative' enough to account for 'Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Barrett'.

I like to use sports analogies. 

In Donald Trump we have a proven stud who muted our enemies while POTUS.
So many victories and accomplishments...all while surrounded by enemies and scoundrels.
A true ALL-STAR!

And you want to retire his ass and try ....somebody different?

Why would anybody want to bench Ty Cobb and play Manny Mendoza? :shrug:

You simply cannot be that economically ignorant, @DCPatriot

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2023, 11:12:09 pm »
Footwear?

You mean like combat boots like you wore?  Last I saw DJT dodged Vietnam service on a hokey medical exemption.  That ought to piss you off, right off the bat.

WHY?

HorseHillary!

He joined the freaking Navy  as a Lawyer. Your mama was more likely  to have been KIA than  him.

Ok,DeSanctimoniousness

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2023, 11:16:17 pm »
That boot, BTW, has a standard, wide, walking heel. If he wanted lift, he could have easily gone to a half-ride or full-ride heel, which would legit add up to 2", maybe 3" in height, with no hidden shenanigans necessary, and would in fact increase his 'country' cred.

Total inflated bullcrap.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2023, 11:17:41 pm »
Footwear?

IN-THEATER service, no less.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2023, 11:18:13 pm »
That boot, BTW, has a standard, wide, walking heel. If he wanted lift, he could have easily gone to a half-ride or full-ride heel, which would legit add up to 2", maybe 3" in height, with no hidden shenanigans necessary, and would in fact increase his 'country' cred.

Total inflated bullcrap.

@roamer_1

Hasn't this "dog" already been beaten to death  by now?

I asked an innocent non-political question,and it turned into a bomb  for no reason at all.

Let's drop it and start bitching about important things.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2023, 11:21:05 pm »
Not a single American soldier was KIA during President Trump's term.

@DCPatriot

A quick search exposes that as an obvious lie. In Afghanistan alone, 45 Americans died in combat, and 63 overall.
https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-trump-afghanistan-troops-killed-659053265479

Dead soldiers in Syria:
https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/01/16/american-troops-die-in-syria-as-washington-squabbles-pentagon-bolton-pompeo-trump/

There were 43 combat deaths in his first nine months as President alone.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/trump-dead-soldiers-not-called-contacted-presidency-number-a8009366.html
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #117 on: October 01, 2023, 11:21:12 pm »
@roamer_1

Hasn't this "dog" already been beaten to death  by now?

I asked an innocent non-political question,and it turned into a bomb  for no reason at all.

Let's drop it and start bitching about important things.

Asked and answered @sneakypete ... And it was not your question at hand, but rather the utter bullshit presented in the pic foisted on us all by @Right_in_Virginia ... AGAIN.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2023, 11:27:59 pm »
Footwear?

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #119 on: October 01, 2023, 11:32:18 pm »
Avoiding Viet Nam was a good move IMO.  And JAGs in Iraq in 2007-8 were siding with the ragheads prosecuting American troops because of Bush's f*ed up ROE. They can All f* off.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2023, 11:36:14 pm »
I'm asking that you stop lying about his economic record as POTUS.  No one here is asking you to abandon Trump.  Just stop pushing him off as something he is not.  Trump is a big-government liberal.  Bottom line.  And the Conservatives here on this site simply can't get behind that.

@Hoodat

Donald Trump is not a "big-government liberal".  His first term ushered in the largest reduction in government regulations, tax breaks, trade renegotiations ---- all designed to expand the private, not public, economy. 

He wanted two major expenditures during his first  term:  Rebuilding the US Armed Forces --- from scratch ---  everything from bullets to weaponry to implementing technologies for the 21st Century.  He planned on using the Reagan strategy of expanding the economy to address the added debt ---- his secondary reason for his focus on national economic growth referenced above.

Then came COVID and the CARES Act of 2020.  But, before you go all knee-jerk here, remember that few, including the most conservative governor in all of recorded history, stood in clarion opposition to the Act. The sizable majority of public office holders considered it necessary and were grateful for it.

If Republicans/Conservatives had fought the election fraud of 2020,  Trump would have overseen our  recovery from COVID ---- and it would have been real, swift and lasting.   But, IMO, for too many fighting the fraud meant saving Trump and somewhere along the line it was decided even Biden was preferable to *that*.

And, here we are.

@DCPatriot

Online Hoodat

« Reply #121 on: October 01, 2023, 11:37:10 pm »
Avoiding Viet Nam was a good move IMO.

Sure, for rich college guys.  But for poor schmucks who couldn't afford to go to college?  They got sent instead.

And JAGs in Iraq in 2007-8 were siding with the ragheads prosecuting American troops because of Bush's f*ed up ROE. They can All f* off.

DeSantis did this?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #122 on: October 01, 2023, 11:39:37 pm »
@libertybele

Top notch @sneakypete   That made me LOL!   88devil

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #123 on: October 01, 2023, 11:41:21 pm »
Great point.  It's like they consider the future of the country to be just a game.

Some of them remind me of trash-talking "fans" on college message boards. They did not attend their favorite school, but manage to embarrass those who did.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #124 on: October 01, 2023, 11:42:12 pm »
@DCPatriot

A quick search exposes that as an obvious lie. In Afghanistan alone, 45 Americans died in combat, and 63 overall.
https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-trump-afghanistan-troops-killed-659053265479

Dead soldiers in Syria:
https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/01/16/american-troops-die-in-syria-as-washington-squabbles-pentagon-bolton-pompeo-trump/

There were 43 combat deaths in his first nine months as President alone.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/trump-dead-soldiers-not-called-contacted-presidency-number-a8009366.html

So we've been able to correct the false claim that Trump had the best economy since modern times and now the false claim that no soldiers were killed under Trump's watch. Both were easy to find with a quick search. It's what happens when you get your information from TruthSocial, were these claims aren't challenged, and then come repeat them were they are. That's why it's always best to expand sources of information and clarify claims made by people running for office

But what we can prove factually and with numbers is Trump saw one of the largest expansions of debt in dollar terms in the shortest amount of time than any other president

These are simply the facts. Trump also wanted larger checks for COVID relief than even the GOP in Congress. So he actually threatened  to VETO a bill that didn't increase spending :rolling: :rolling:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-trump/trump-threatens-to-not-sign-covid-19-bill-wants-bigger-stimulus-checks-idUSKBN28X01V

I wouldn't put Trump in the same category as a Bernie. But he does tend to see the federal budget the same way he sees his business finances. He's closer to a Biden than a Coolidge
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 11:57:57 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater