Author Topic: WATCH: Ron DeSantis Kills It on Bill Maher, Has the Lib Audience Cheering  (Read 11849 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WATCH: Ron DeSantis Kills It on Bill Maher, Has the Lib Audience Cheering
By Bonchie | 8:42 AM on September 30, 2023

Ron DeSantis, who was in California to speak to the state's GOP, appeared with Bill Maher on Friday evening, and it went well.

Pressed on everything from COVID-19 to abortion, the Florida governor had the liberal audience cheering at times as he delivered conservative answers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNb6ftILwtM&ab_channel=RealTimewithBillMaher

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/09/30/watch-ron-desantis-absolutely-kills-it-on-bill-mahar-has-the-lib-audience-cheering-n2164499
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Re: WATCH: Ron DeSantis Kills It on Bill Maher, Has the Lib Audience Cheering
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2023, 03:41:36 pm »
And look, I know the response to this by some is going to be "Well, did you know Trump is up eleven-billion points!" Yeah, I get it. Trump is leading four months before the first primary and he's the presumptive nominee. I'm not arguing that. I just don't care in this context. We praise Republicans who do good things on this site regardless of their standing in any primary. DeSantis stepped out of his comfort zone and made the GOP seem more relatable to a hostile audience. That's a good thing.

The defense on Conservative principles repairs the Republican brand.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2023, 03:52:44 pm »
???

Why hasn't this been the RDS confidence and viability  all along?

Didn't seem like the same languishing guy we have been supporting for months.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2023, 03:59:39 pm »
The defense on Conservative principles repairs the Republican brand.

Absolutely; without any opposition to liberalism we'll wind up with another 4 years of Brandon or whomever the leftists decide to insert as president.  Without any true opposition to liberalism the GOP doesn't stand a chance, nor does Trump.

DeSantis so far is the only one who is truly repairing the Republican brand, standing up for conservatism and people are accepting and applauding what he is doing. 

Trump may be up in points now, but I don't think that's going to continue to ring true in the future. He can hold rallies and make promises but at the end of the day, he FAILED on those promises. DeSantis on the other hand is making promises and coming through. 

By doing this interview, I see some sort of glimmer of hope because DeSantis is starting to get some more name recognition.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2023, 04:02:50 pm »
???

Why hasn't this been the RDS confidence and viability  all along?

Didn't seem like the same languishing guy we have been supporting for months.

...hmmmm Trump and his gang of bullies have tried to silence DeSantis and he's also taken a lot of heat from D.C. He is starting to really show some resiliency and also keep in mind he's juggling his job as governor (which is a priority) and campaigning.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2023, 04:02:52 pm »
Absolutely; without any opposition to liberalism we'll wind up with another 4 years of Brandon or whomever the leftists decide to insert as president.  Without any true opposition to liberalism the GOP doesn't stand a chance, nor does Trump.

DeSantis so far is the only one who is truly repairing the Republican brand, standing up for conservatism and people are accepting and applauding what he is doing. 

Trump may be up in points now, but I don't think that's going to continue to ring true in the future. He can hold rallies and make promises but at the end of the day, he FAILED on those promises. DeSantis on the other hand is making promises and coming through. 

By doing this interview, I see some sort of glimmer of hope because DeSantis is starting to get some more name recognition.

No telling how many $M's were spent by the Trump campaign trying to destroy RDS.  And the POS Trump had the gall to ask why money is not being spent on defeating Biden, while he is the hypocritical POS that he is.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2023, 04:07:48 pm »
No telling how many $M's were spent by the Trump campaign trying to destroy RDS.  And the POS Trump had the gall to ask why money is not being spent on defeating Biden, while he is the hypocritical POS that he is.

Yes Trump is hypocritical, I agree.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2023, 04:12:40 pm »

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2023, 04:17:55 pm »
No telling how many $M's were spent by the Trump campaign trying to destroy RDS. 

Why do you fail to give Ronny credit for the myriad of ways he self-destructed?  In fairness to the Governor, he does deserve a lot of the recognition.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2023, 04:21:59 pm »
Yet he continues to live inside your head rent-free.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2023, 04:35:05 pm »
Here's the money quote----  88devil

(Video)

https://twitter.com/PapiTrumpo/status/1708150339201880131

What a crock of crappola -- yet another hypocritical Trumpster statement.  Look at how many times Trump appeared on Hannity.  Hannity gave Trump a tremendous amount of air time.

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2023, 04:37:33 pm »
Yet he continues to live inside your head rent-free.

Rhonda Santis is terrific comic relief during these troubled times --- and I am grateful for his efforts to keep us chuckling.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2023, 04:40:32 pm »
What a crock of crappola -- yet another hypocritical Trumpster statement.  Look at how many times Trump appeared on Hannity.  Hannity gave Trump a tremendous amount of air time.

There’s no denying that Ron DeSantis’s campaign is not going well at this time. I have advocated that the GOP has any rising stars, they need to wait until 2028. My theory was that there will be an open seat, then after Biden serves two terms.

However, it’s looking more likely that Biden will be replaced, which will complicate matters because that Democrat will be able to serve two terms

The GOP is it going to have a Herculean job ahead of them in the next few years. But they need to learn to become the loyal opposition in the meantime.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2023, 04:45:31 pm »
Rhonda Santis is terrific comic relief during these troubled times --- and I am grateful for his efforts to keep us chuckling.

You make Karine Jean Pierre look like a master of propaganda.

Bottom line is your boy couldn't get it done last time. When he had his chance he wouldn't pull the trigger, then made excuses about inexperience, while he chastises other candidates for inexperience.

He's basically all hat and no cattle, waving flags, throwing out red meat, lots of promises, and don't look behind the green curtain.

I hope DeSantis keeps squeezing him on his mediocre record as President.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2023, 04:48:33 pm »

And not just DeSantis. And not just  his term as president, but many of the things he’s proposing now.

Yes, he will probably lose the primary as a result.  But it’s the first step for the GOP to extradite themselves from Donald Trump and, just maybe, possibly start winning some elections again.

And, for the benefit of one particular poster, that does not mean we want Jebs
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 04:51:35 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2023, 04:51:41 pm »

Oh, gee, a new Trump nickname for Ron DeSantis.  That is what's almost funny, but actually childish.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2023, 04:56:57 pm »
And not just DeSantis. And not just  his term as president, but many of the things he’s proposing now.

Yes, he will probably lose the primary as a result.  But it’s the first step for the GOP to extradite themselves from Donald Trump and, just maybe, possibly start winning some elections again.

And, for the benefit of one particular poster, that does not mean we want Jebs

IMHO to just throw in the towel now and presume Trump is going to be the nominee, is a detriment to conservatism. Conservatives can't win elections if we keep assuming that we can't win or if we don't continue to try because of the bumps in the road.

Yes, Trump is a hindrance for right now, but the election is a year away and so much can happen.  He's pretty good at self imploding and backpedaling and the leftists sure as heck aren't done dragging him in and out of court. He's facing 91 felonies; do you honestly think that not one of those charges is going to stick?  What are the odds??

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2023, 05:04:42 pm »
You make Karine Jean Pierre look like a master of propaganda.

Bottom line is your boy couldn't get it done last time. When he had his chance he wouldn't pull the trigger, then made excuses about inexperience, while he chastises other candidates for inexperience.

He's basically all hat and no cattle, waving flags, throwing out red meat, lots of promises, and don't look behind the green curtain.

You seem to forget we lived through that "mediocre record" and disagree with your assessment, do you not?   :laugh:

But, do convince your boy, Ronny, to keep "squeezing" Trump on this.  It won't help him, but it sure will help others ----- especially anyone who'll want to stop Ron from slithering back to Congress in 2026.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2023, 05:13:27 pm »
We are told by Trump supporters how excellent his term was. And there were some good things. The economy overall was OK. And at least we had a secure border and abundant energy. But Trump did not inherit an economy in freefall, or a high inflation rate.

But if his tenure was as great as his supporters claim, why have the Democrats been on a winning streak , electorally speaking, since he was elected in 2016? Another example were reality bumps into MAGA fantasy.

And I can’t say for sure what Ron DeSantis would do if he was president. He wouldn’t have the advantage of a high number of Republicans in the US Congress as he has in Tallahassee. But I know what he has done that Donald Trump is unable to do and that is not only win elections but do it by near 20 points.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 05:19:31 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2023, 05:15:42 pm »
Why do you fail to give Ronny credit for the myriad of ways he self-destructed?  In fairness to the Governor, he does deserve a lot of the recognition.

And Stone/Pecker didn't have anything to do with Operataion DeSantimononous and all the costs for the past year?  Your pathetic bullshitting isn't convincing anyone here.  Trump and his minions seem more like the dimocratic left all the time

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2023, 05:17:52 pm »
Oh, gee, a new Trump nickname for Ron DeSantis.  That is what's almost funny, but actually childish.

It's not from Donald Trump --- he's committed to "DeSanctimonius".

But, there are lots of new nicknames, thanks to Al Gore's magnificent Internet and Ron being ...well.... Ron! 

Some are rather insensitive, and I haven't posted those.  But, methinks "Rhonda Santis" is quite clever ---- especially since his wearing boot lifts while getting a make-up touch up during both debates was the genesis.   :laugh:

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2023, 05:19:17 pm »
When Trump can't get true conservatives to vote for him, he can't possibly win.  Maybe this is why he's begging for donations and not forking over his own money, as he knows it's a waste of time.  Heck he even knows this, as he's pissing off just about every segment of his former voting block.  I think he's running to stay out of prison, which at this point it appears likely he'll end up there.

Good points.  Trump's pissed on us conservatives , and he realizes we aren't coming back.  That is why in the past year he has moved his message massively in a leftward direction.  He is a rudderless fool looking for a voting base now.

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2023, 05:23:18 pm »
When Trump can't get true conservatives to vote for him, he can't possibly win.

I'm not worried about this.  I'm pretty confident the missing 50 or so "true conservative" votes will be absorbed by increases in Independent and minority voters.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2023, 05:25:05 pm »
You seem to forget we lived through that "mediocre record" and disagree with your assessment, do you not?

So how are all these illegals getting past that wall that Trump built and Mexico paid for?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2023, 05:25:27 pm »
You mean similar to Trump's FAKE spray orange tan?

You'll need to ask Rhonda Santis what shade of face powder he wears ---  :shrug: