Author Topic: WATCH: Ron DeSantis Kills It on Bill Maher, Has the Lib Audience Cheering  (Read 11848 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: WATCH: Ron DeSantis Kills It on Bill Maher, Has the Lib Audience Cheering
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2023, 05:26:37 pm »
Good points.  Trump's pissed on us conservatives , and he realizes we aren't coming back.  That is why in the past year he has moved his message massively in a leftward direction.  He is a rudderless fool looking for a voting base now.

That  explains his flip on abortion from 2016 were he said women should be punished(but then walked that back and said doctors, not women, should be punished)  to now saying he would negotiate with Democrats on the issue

Democrats will not vote for him. They made the mistake of staying home in 2016 and they haven’t made that mistake since.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2023, 05:28:36 pm »
So how are all these illegals getting past that wall that Trump built and Mexico paid for?

If you followed current events, you'd know the answers to this.

I'm a little surprised you needed to ask.  Maybe expand your horizons a bit?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2023, 05:33:19 pm »
I'm not worried about this.  I'm pretty confident the missing 50 or so "true conservative" votes will be absorbed by increases in Independent and minority voters.

Considering that Trump's support among minorities and independents continues to spiral downward, should we assume that your self-professed 'confidence' is based solely upon emotion and not any basis of fact?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2023, 05:47:08 pm »
I'm not worried about this.  I'm pretty confident the missing 50 or so "true conservative" votes will be absorbed by increases in Independent and minority voters.

And another example of where MAGA  fantasy bumps into the ugly head of reality

Forget any current presidential polls. Candidates are elected district by district, state by state, and , in the case of presidential elections, the EC

RIVs fantasy aside, the fact that the GOP have been losing since Trump is alarming. The GOP dominated the political landscape just as recently as 2016. The abortion issue doesn’t help but this trend started pre Dobbs in 2018 when Democrats made the midterm a referendum on Trump

Biden and his democrat minions were ripe  for the picking in 2022. But if MAGA  candidates can’t win under the conditions we had in 2022, where and when do they hope to win?  Secretly hoping for terrible suffering on your fellow citizens so that they’re compelled to vote for Donald Trump seems kind of dark and relying on a repeat of 2016 were a plurality of voters and the EC put Trump in office because enough of his opponents voters decide to stay home on election night seems unlikely to be repeated again

The evidence suggests that Republicans that can separate themselves from Donald Trump  have a much better chance in the general election than MAGA endorsed

« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 06:19:43 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2023, 06:25:18 pm »
What’s telling is the type of ads Biden is running now. They mostly promote the great things(lol) he’s done to move the country forward. None have mentioned Trump. That’s because they’re not 100% certain Trump will be the nominee. If he ultimately prevails, watch all kinds of hell be unleashed on him. Trump just recently made fun of Biden’s decline. That will show up in a commercial. And it will be effective. I don’t think he’ll make an issue of Trump’s legal issues because that will then put a spotlight on his own

If Trump ends up being the nominee, Biden’s stepping aside becomes less likely. The chances of it will increase if it’s any of the other republican nominees that secure it

But if it does come down to Biden and Trump, watch for a repeat of the effective 2022 “ MAGA Republican” speech. Except this time they will have the actual “MAGA King” to focus the attention on.

It’s unlikely that Trump will be able to make the woes facing this country an issue effectively because some of those issues, such as inflation, he had a part in contributing to. It would be like Gerald Ford getting the nomination again in 1980 and attacking Jimmy Carter over inflation.

Besides, running on how bad things have gotten under Biden  was already tried and it didn’t work
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 06:36:19 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2023, 06:41:43 pm »
You'll need to ask Rhonda Santis what shade of face powder he wears ---  :shrug:

We know one thing is certain - it ain’t Prison Orange.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2023, 06:43:06 pm »
You seem to forget we lived through that "mediocre record" and disagree with your assessment, do you not?   :laugh:

But, do convince your boy, Ronny, to keep "squeezing" Trump on this.  It won't help him, but it sure will help others ----- especially anyone who'll want to stop Ron from slithering back to Congress in 2026.

And paid dearly to the tune of $8T debt, the Fauci COVID dictatorship, and having everything reversed as soon as he was out of office, because it was never more than low hanging fruit.

When he needed to be decisive on the big stuff, he demurred.

The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2023, 06:48:47 pm »
We know one thing is certain - it ain’t Prison Orange.

Oh SNAP!  :silly: :beer:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2023, 07:51:40 pm »
If you followed current events, you'd know the answers to this.

I do follow current events, and I do know the answer.  It is called "mediocre record".

I'm a little surprised you needed to ask.  Maybe expand your horizons a bit?

The question was rhetorical.  The purpose was to illustrate how dishonest you really are.  All through 2016 and into 2017 and 2018, I listened to people like you insist that Trump was going to build a wall along the Southern border.  Well guess what?  He didn't.  That is due to bad leadership on his part.  His record of getting it done is mediocre at best.  But then you knew that already.  Yet here you are once again trying to convince us what wonderful clothes the emperor is wearing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2023, 07:58:28 pm »
   The Emperor of the GOP wears no clothes.

The sad fact that most of his followers don't see the damage he did in 4 years and want 4 more.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 08:00:15 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2023, 08:01:19 pm »

The sad fact that most of his followers don't see the damage he did in 4 years and want 4 more.

Ewww!
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline libertybele

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2023, 08:42:22 pm »

Thanks, vomiting mid day is no fun and my eyesight may be permanently distorted.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2023, 08:56:48 pm »

Try & remember that around this time next year, when you are hectoring conservatives who are looking into third party options

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2023, 09:10:40 pm »
Maybe it's 50...500...5000...50,000...500,000...5,000,000?  I'd wager it's a rather large number, probably in the 500,000 range or more.

I have seen poll numbers of those who ID as both strong fiscal and social conservative to be 10-20%. Trump will get his share of the "binary advocate monkeys ", but in total I guess that number of voters who SHOULD be getting turned off by Trump's hard left political turn should be in the vicintiny of 15-25 million.

My guess is, that Trump's going to start panicking come summer of '24 when he starts getting data showing that half of his so called base is soft.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2023, 09:53:47 pm »
Some folks just never learn, do they?

A 30-day suspension just wasn't enough, nope, they have to barge into threads uninvited and take a huge dump to cause chaos. All hail the edgelord @Right_in_Virginia
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2023, 10:03:19 pm »
You'll need to ask Rhonda Santis what shade of face powder he wears ---  :shrug:

Good grief @Right_in_Virginia , you are really grasping at straws. What page of Trump talking points are you on??   :silly:
His tan is legitimate and not sprayed on. (Hint, he's lived in sunny FL for awhile - most of us that live here have a tan to some degree).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2023, 10:14:12 pm »
"If the campaign was going well, you wouldn't be on this show..."

Offline LMAO

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2023, 10:25:08 pm »
Some folks just never learn, do they?

A 30-day suspension just wasn't enough, nope, they have to barge into threads uninvited and take a huge dump to cause chaos. All hail the edgelord @Right_in_Virginia

Other viewpoints keeps this forum from becoming an Echo Chamber like TOS

Barry Goldwater

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2023, 11:12:43 pm »

True. And to be fair, I don’t believe any of us have been “invited” to comment. We are, I think, welcome to comment however.

I could live without the coy, sometimes subtle personal barbs that accompany many comments. It’s just the nature of beast, so to speak.

@LMAO
@jmyrlefuller
@Right_in_Virginia
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 11:40:20 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2023, 11:20:17 pm »

True. But there's a difference between how @sneakypete and @DCPatriot , both ardent in their stances, argue and what RiV does. I can handle disagreement and debate. I at least know they're listening. Childish name-calling, on the other hand, doesn't help anyone.

I grew up having to deal with bullies a LOT. I'll be damned if I put up with them as an adult. (Though I'll note they also got their just rewards over the years.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2023, 11:25:22 pm »
"If the campaign was going well, you wouldn't be on this show..."

If Trump had the nomination in the bag, his sycophants wouldn't be trolling these boards bashing DeSantis at every turn.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2023, 11:31:41 pm »
Good grief @Right_in_Virginia , you are really grasping at straws.

Of course not @libertybele   Simply responded to a supposition asked of me.   :shrug:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2023, 06:55:54 am »
If Trump had the nomination in the bag, his sycophants wouldn't be trolling these boards bashing DeSantis at every turn.

Never bashed DeSantis.  Why would I bash DeSantis?   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2023, 12:38:29 pm »
Not surprising to hear The Do  Ron,Ron does  well with leftist audiences.

BTW,WTH is up with the toes of his cowboy boots pointing up  in the air?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2023, 12:58:02 pm »
Not surprising to hear The Do  Ron,Ron does  well with leftist audiences.

I’m not either

When conservativism is explained clearly and precisely, many aspects become appealing to even those on the center left

That’s one of the reasons he won re-election by nearly 20 points and doing such with people who don’t normally vote GOP

It’s a blueprint, or should be, for Republicans going forward

Barry Goldwater