Author Topic: Poll: Nearly 80% of Ukrainians Hold Zelensky Responsible for Corruption  (Read 3430 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: Nearly 80% of Ukrainians Hold Zelensky Responsible for Corruption

Frances Martel 12 Sep 2023

The vast majority of Ukrainians – 78 percent – say President Volodymyr Zelensky is directly responsible for corruption in the government and military, a poll published on Monday found.

The survey, conducted in July by the Ilko Kucheriv Democratic Initiatives Foundation and the Kyiv International Institute of Sociology, also found that Ukrainians ranked corruption within their own government as a bigger threat to “Ukrainian entrepreneurship” than the ongoing Russian invasion, according to the Kyiv Independent.

The poll was taken after months of investigations, which followed months of firings at the highest levels of governments. Zelensky announced measures to fight bribery and other corrupt activity in his administration in January, firing five governors and four deputy ministers. Those firings came after the ouster of top infrastructure official Vasyl Lozinskyi on suspicions of embezzlement.

Since the Ilko Kucheriv Democratic Initiatives Foundation poll was taken in July, Zelensky has fired every regional recruitment center head for taking bribes from men attempting to avoid the war and has replaced the nation’s defense minister, Oleksii Reznikov. Reznikov does not face any criminal charges or accusations of direct involvement in corruption at press time, but rumors of corruption preceded his “resignation.”

The string of corruption probes and mounting international concern about where war funding is going has apparently affected the public’s sentiments towards Zelensky, elected in 2019 largely due to his promises to eradicate corruption and his status as a political outsider. Zelensky defeated vocally pro-Western President Petro Poroshenko in the 2019 election despite having no experience in public office; he rose to fame starring as the president of Ukraine in a sitcom.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/09/12/poll-nearly-80-ukrainians-hold-zelensky-responsible-corruption/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

Re: Poll: Nearly 80% of Ukrainians Hold Zelensky Responsible for Corruption
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 07:33:31 pm »
What crap is this?

Petro Poroshenko was Putin's puppet and the center of corruption with Hunter Biden and others.

And this article claims Ukrainians are more concerned about Zelensky's supposed corruption than their hundreds of thousands dead and bombed out cities perpetrated by the Russians over the last year??? Seriously???

Shame on Breitbart for publishing this crap.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2023, 07:39:19 pm »
What crap is this?

Petro Poroshenko was Putin's puppet and the center of corruption with Hunter Biden and others.

And this article claims Ukrainians are more concerned about Zelensky's supposed corruption than their hundreds of thousands dead and bombed out cities perpetrated by the Russians over the last year??? Seriously???

Exactly.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2023, 10:08:33 am »
What crap is this?

:amen: :amen:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2023, 06:25:31 am »
The poll was taken after months of investigations, which followed months of firings at the highest levels of governments. Zelensky announced measures to fight bribery and other corrupt activity in his administration in January, firing five governors and four deputy ministers. Those firings came after the ouster of top infrastructure official Vasyl Lozinskyi on suspicions of embezzlement.

Since the Ilko Kucheriv Democratic Initiatives Foundation poll was taken in July, Zelensky has fired every regional recruitment center head for taking bribes from men attempting to avoid the war and has replaced the nation’s defense minister, Oleksii Reznikov. Reznikov does not face any criminal charges or accusations of direct involvement in corruption at press time, but rumors of corruption preceded his “resignation.”

If he is combating corruption, then yes, it is a concern, but that doesn't mean something isn't being done about it.

Seems an awful lot depends on what questions are being asked. Any time there is money around, thieves and corruption become a concern.

In the meantime, there's a war on.
Every war has 'feather merchants'.

Maybe those
Ukrainians ranked corruption within their own government as a bigger threat to “Ukrainian entrepreneurship”
just haven't figured out a racket of their own.  :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2023, 06:38:38 pm »
I've felt that Zelenskyy has been corrupt all along; in partnership with Brandon, Soros and Obammy.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2023, 07:01:30 pm »
How do we know that this poll is not corrupt?

////00000////

A new "poll" suggests 83% of husbands want to do more housework.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline DB

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2023, 08:22:56 pm »
I've felt that Zelenskyy has been corrupt all along; in partnership with Brandon, Soros and Obammy.

Yes, we know - yet you provide zero actual evidence of it. Repeatedly...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2023, 08:39:51 pm »
Yes, we know - yet you provide zero actual evidence of it. Repeatedly...

Actually I have - quite awhile ago and with quite a few links.  Before this thread I provided links of videos from Glen Beck and what has research team discovered - perhaps a year or two ago.

I'm not one to just give opinions, usually my opinions are backed up by several links validating my opinion. Whether or not they are read and given any credence; obviously not.

Though she no longer posts, @Right_in_Virginia posted all kinds of evidence and history of Ukraine and Russia and I absolutely agreed with her.

Repeatedly???? Nope. I haven't posted a rebuttal to anyone's post in awhile. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2023, 08:41:40 pm »
How do we know that this poll is not corrupt?

////00000////

A new "poll" suggests 83% of husbands want to do more housework.

No poll, especially these days are accurate; but this does perhaps raise awareness that not everyone thinks that Z should continue to get BILLIONS -- those billions that he's been supposedly using to help win the war just haven't helped.  So -- send more?  B.S.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2023, 08:52:40 pm »
Actually I have - quite awhile ago and with quite a few links.  Before this thread I provided links of videos from Glen Beck and what has research team discovered - perhaps a year or two ago.

I'm not one to just give opinions, usually my opinions are backed up by several links validating my opinion. Whether or not they are read and given any credence; obviously not.

Though she no longer posts, @Right_in_Virginia posted all kinds of evidence and history of Ukraine and Russia and I absolutely agreed with her.

Repeatedly???? Nope. I haven't posted a rebuttal to anyone's post in awhile. 

RiV posted nothing of the sort.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2023, 08:54:17 pm »
RiV posted nothing of the sort.

Interesting -- I must have her confused with someone else.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2023, 08:56:47 pm »
Interesting -- I must have her confused with someone else.  *****rollingeyes*****

You must have.  She mostly posted lies and innuendo, and was singularly incapable of responding to any questions raised by @Hoodat .

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2023, 09:02:00 pm »
Ok, you are absolutely right @Kamaji. Far be it from me to continue to argue about this.  No worries -- I won't post in this thread anymore. It's a simple as that.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2023, 09:03:17 pm »
Ok, you are absolutely right @Kamaji. Far be it from me to continue to argue about this.  No worries -- I won't post in this thread anymore. It's a simple as that.

Now that's just being passive aggressive; nobody - least of all I - asked you to stop posting on this thread.  And no, simply refusing to go along with your assertions about Zelenskyy does not constitute trying to force you off the thread.

Offline berdie

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2023, 09:40:41 pm »
Zelensky could be as crooked as a dog's hind leg for all I know. I do know that he didn't invite the malady of Russian invasion. I do know that when offered a "ticket" out he responded "I don't need a ticket I need bullets". He stuck with his countrymen...who are fighting pretty darn valiantly. I can't say I know, but I have read that he has fired officials as he found them to be corrupt.

In my world, the jury is still out and I need more evidence that he is corrupt.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2023, 10:02:47 pm »
World Population Review's "Most Corrupt Countries 2023" map and "Top 11 Most Corrupt Countries in the World" list, https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/most-corrupt-countries . If I understand the "CPI Rank" numbering system, Ukraine isn't even one of the worst 60 in the world. That isn't paradise, but claims that Ukraine is the most corrupt country in the world are absurd. OTOH, there is a rather large neighbor of Ukraine's that is worse.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 10:21:23 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2023, 10:14:19 pm »
Conservatives behaving like liberal cowards with this guy, very shameful.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2023, 10:48:15 pm »

Can you summarize just one of them for us?  Give me something to go on.  Some instance where Zelenskiy did something corrupt.  Anything.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2023, 10:53:53 pm »
No poll, especially these days are accurate; but this does perhaps raise awareness that not everyone thinks that Z should continue to get BILLIONS -- those billions that he's been supposedly using to help win the war just haven't helped.  So -- send more?  B.S.

The corruption here can be found on this side of the Atlantic.  Those of us here backing Ukraine have been pointing this out to you for over a year now.  Like when Biden announces $40 billion for Ukraine, and then hands the money out to the State Department and USAID.  Did  Ukraine ask for any of that?  Hell no!  They asked for weapons.  Weapons to defend their country.  Weapons to defeat Russia.  And the Biden regime has been persistent in delaying to them the military that could end this war earlier.  You're looking for corruption?  Look at Joe Biden.  He's the one siphoning off all the money while Ukraine continues to wait around for old MiGs that were promised fifteen months ago.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2023, 09:47:56 am »
Conservatives behaving like liberal cowards with this guy, very shameful.

How so?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2023, 02:51:05 pm »
World Population Review's "Most Corrupt Countries 2023" map and "Top 11 Most Corrupt Countries in the World" list, https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/most-corrupt-countries . If I understand the "CPI Rank" numbering system, Ukraine isn't even one of the worst 60 in the world. That isn't paradise, but claims that Ukraine is the most corrupt country in the world are absurd. OTOH, there is a rather large neighbor of Ukraine's that is worse.

@PeteS in CA

So the "brave conservatives" are being correct by cowering in their bunkers and refusing to do ANYTHING when there is a genuine possibility of Ukraine defeating Russia and Russia having a serious leadership change?

Good to know,but I would like to know how much more afraid you would be if there were actual American soldiers who are NOT you,doing any of the fighting?

BTW,WHAT is your opinion of Communism,good,or evil?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2023, 03:08:03 pm »
@PeteS in CA

So the "brave conservatives" are being correct by cowering in their bunkers and refusing to do ANYTHING when there is a genuine possibility of Ukraine defeating Russia and Russia having a serious leadership change?

Good to know,but I would like to know how much more afraid you would be if there were actual American soldiers who are NOT you,doing any of the fighting?

I do not think you understood the point of my post or my posts on the Ukraine 4 thread. And if my years of posting here don't answer your "question" to your satisfaction, that's a whole lot more you have not understood. Beyond that, I'm not playing the Conservativier-Than-Thou Orthodoxy-Test game.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2023, 04:10:22 pm »
@PeteS in CA

We had more reason and justification to be tangled up in Iraq and Afghanistan than we do sending money and munitions we need here at home into the black hole that is Ukraine.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2023, 04:46:10 pm »
We had more reason and justification to be tangled up in Iraq and Afghanistan than we do sending money and munitions we need here at home into the black hole that is Ukraine.

Sending money to Ukraine so they can kill Russians is not a black hole.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/