Author Topic: Poll: Nearly 80% of Ukrainians Hold Zelensky Responsible for Corruption  (Read 3430 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: Poll: Nearly 80% of Ukrainians Hold Zelensky Responsible for Corruption
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2023, 03:07:08 pm »
We had more reason and justification to be tangled up in Iraq and Afghanistan than we do sending money and munitions we need here at home into the black hole that is Ukraine.

Nope.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2023, 08:59:15 am »
Nope.

As someone who was there in both instances...yes we did.

There is ZERO reason we should be getting entangled in the Ukraine.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2023, 12:25:53 pm »
As someone who was there in both instances...yes we did.

There is ZERO reason we should be getting entangled in the Ukraine.

There is as much reason for stopping the Russian Orc in Ukraine as there was for stopping the Nazis in Poland.  We played the isolationist game then, and it ended up costing us a whole hell of a lot more than it would have cost us if we'd stopped the Nazis then, and we will get exactly the same result - with potential nuclear escalation thrown in - if we don't stop the Russian Orc in Ukraine.

As someone who claims to have been there, I am rather disappointed that you singularly fail to see that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2023, 01:01:36 pm »
There is as much reason for stopping the Russian Orc in Ukraine as there was for stopping the Nazis in Poland.  We played the isolationist game then, and it ended up costing us a whole hell of a lot more than it would have cost us if we'd stopped the Nazis then, and we will get exactly the same result - with potential nuclear escalation thrown in - if we don't stop the Russian Orc in Ukraine.

As someone who claims to have been there, I am rather disappointed that you singularly fail to see that.

@Kamaji

YES,YES,A THOUSAND TIMES YES!

For ALL of my life I prepared to fight against the Evil Soviet Empire,BECAUSE THEY WERE A THREAT to not only the United States,but to freedom all over the globe.

Communism ONLY "works" if the whole world is controlled by a Global Communist Government. Even then,it only "works" for our Communist masters and their families.

Don't get me  wrong,Communism is a  WONDERFUL system if you want to be a serf to your Communist Masters and let them make ALL your decisions for you. After all,YOU can never be wrong if YOU never made a decision.

It is NOT for me or anyone else that understands the Communist system. And we are now talking about defeating the Russian Communist system,which is probably the most benign of all of them. The Chinese,for example,make the Soviets look like compassionate Saints by  comparison.

None the less,and defeat leading to the collapse of Soviet Communism will weaken ALL Communist systems all over the world. Even the Chinese,if we can get out big Corporate CEO's from shipping work and dollars to them in order to increase their profits while weakening America. And make no mistake about it,THESE "capitalists" are nothing less than Communist pigs looking to control the world themselves,and should be our first "target" to slap into line by charging surcharges to ANYTHING and EVERYTHING they import into America to maximize their profits while bankrupting everyone but themselves.

It really boggles the imagination  that some of you people are so freaking self-centered that you don't care about what happens to everyone else in America,as long as it doesn't hurt YOU.

Hell,you make the surrender monkeys look honorable by comparison. At least they have the excuse that it might save lives to just surrender. YOUR only  excuse is "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!"

And make no mistake about it,if we in the west don't help  Ukraine defeat the USSR now while it is the Ukrainians doing all the fighting,it WILL eventually be US troops doing the fighting in places like Europe to try to stop the Communist invasion and takover.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2023, 04:19:05 pm »

Apples and Oranges.  You want to stop Rusia in their tracks...you can do two things....stop sending money to Ukraine...start oil production and exploration in the U.S. again.  Undo all of the EO's towards the energy industry that Biden signed on day one.

Biden allowed Putin to fund his war effort with petro dollars by stopping all the exploration in the U.S.

But Biden won't even listen to that idea because he's compromised.

As someone who has been there I see the false equivalence of the two scenarios. I'm "rather disappointed that you singularly fail to see that."
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2023, 04:49:32 pm »
Apples and Oranges.  You want to stop Rusia in their tracks...you can do two things....stop sending money to Ukraine...start oil production and exploration in the U.S. again.  Undo all of the EO's towards the energy industry that Biden signed on day one.

Biden allowed Putin to fund his war effort with petro dollars by stopping all the exploration in the U.S.

As someone who has been there I see the false equivalence of the two scenarios. I'm "rather disappointed that you singularly fail to see that."

Nonsense.  Apples to apples.  Stop sending arms to Ukraine, and Russia will consume the entire country and start working on its next target.  Putin's stated goal has always been the recreation of the old Russian empire, and that does not stop with Ukraine.

And yes, I am disappointed that you make the same mistakes that were made in the early 1900s, and in the 1930s, and cannot see the essential equivalence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2023, 06:41:01 pm »

@txradioguy 

Roflmao!

Yeah,THE best way to win a war against a violent aggressor is to refuse to fight! Good thinking!

Good drugs?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 06:43:27 pm by sneakypete »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2023, 07:05:50 pm »

***agree
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2023, 09:02:00 pm »
Just for the record, Russia's GDP is about 5% of the west's... Russia could put its entire economic output into the war they started and still fall far short of what the west can produce with not very much economic pain. And that would devastate Russia quickly. It is way past time for Russia to stop being a menace to its neighbors and the rest of Europe. The purpose of NATO is to contain Russia to its borders. Without an aggressive Russia, NATO wouldn't be needed. That would be a huge savings along with other major benefits to everyone in the west.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2023, 09:56:12 pm »
Just for the record, Russia's GDP is about 5% of the west's... Russia could put its entire economic output into the war they started and still fall far short of what the west can produce with not very much economic pain. And that would devastate Russia quickly. It is way past time for Russia to stop being a menace to its neighbors and the rest of Europe. The purpose of NATO is to contain Russia to its borders. Without an aggressive Russia, NATO wouldn't be needed. That would be a huge savings along with other major benefits to everyone in the west.

@DB

Seems so obvious that anyone should be able to  understand it,doesn't it?

Of course,that STILL leaves an aggressive  AND emerging China that has a LOT of money  to spend,thanks  to the contracts,equipment,and parts given to them by GM and other western alleged Capitalists.

HTH can people claim to be Capitalists when they spend money and time to insure that China has industrial contracts that NOBODY in  the west can match because in west we can't don't use slave labor.

Not yet,anyhow,but that IS "where the alleged Capitalist movers and shakers are heading."

They seem to think they can "do" Communism better than the Communists.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2023, 05:28:50 pm »
The arguments on this board sound like a major circle jerk to me.  Have any of you been to Russia?  Or Ukraine?  Doesn't sound like it.

I have been there a number of times, and there are some basics that all should understand.  Russia is a completely corrupt nation, top to bottom.  Yes, there are good people in Russia, but the ones that run everything would steal the shirt off their mother's back if they could.  Ukraine, having been a sister nation, populated with many people of Russian heritage is NO DIFFERENT.  They are every bit as corrupt, top to bottom.  Zelensky to get to the level he is at, believe me, he is corrupt.

Another thing that is reflective in their culture is the lack of religious freedom and belief.  Excluding the Russian Orthodox church, which has a relationship with the Russian government, there is little to no religious freedom in Russia, and now the same can be said for Ukraine.  These two nations are virtual mirrors of one another culturally.

Plus the age old argument of every dead Russian is one less we the USA has to kill.  It is assumed we will jump in to save the day.  But the huge problem with past established mindsets is that the QUADPARTITE of Russia, China, North Korea and Iran,

THEY ARE ALL NUCLEAR NATIONS OR SOON TO BE, AND THAT REDEFINES EVERYTHING.

How long will the Russian/Ukraine War remain conventional?  How long before the USA jumps in with our military on the ground?  Oh wait, we already have forces there.  I have seen numbers in the tens and numbers in the hundreds.  You can bet the real number is in the thousands.  Unfolding just like Vietnam...yeah, Vietnam.  And a number of you lived through that sh*t sandwich.

This war is a sh*t sandwich that could end the world as we know it.

Russia is teaching their children in their schools that it was the USA that started this war.  Are you aware of that?  Also, the people in Russia are largely given the mushroom treatment, kept in the dark and fed bullsh*t all day long.  Not much has really changed from the days of the USSR in Russia.  It is a totalitarian nation with large swaths of the country still very much controlled by the communist party.

But be reassured, the USA has one of its greatest champions as POTUS to lead the way.  You should sleep with ease, oh yeah.

I think todays world makes the early 1960s look like the good ole days.  There are more evil nations today with weapons of mass destruction than ever before, and it will not get better.  At some point, this game hits tilt.  When it does, it will not be 120 million dying as in WWII, but it will be billions dying.  That day is coming.  Not if, the question is when, and is it accelerated with evil doers like Putin at the helm and a total incompetent like Biden at the wheel?  Ah yeah.  Ugly days ahead.  Enjoy the peace now.

The age old expression of live every day like it is your last is more pertinent today than ever before.  The last day for billions is coming, and many powerful and super rich folks around the world are planning that moment in time because they blame too many people for all the planets woes.  Best get rid of all these people running around throwing straws in the oceans.

There will be no winning in this war.  You need to dis-spell that notion because there is only one way this all ends, unless key players like Putin die and are replaced with people that do not have an insane desire to conquer the planet.

Last but not least, the time has come to undo the moronic decision made by Richard Nixon of incorporating China into the global community.  We must begin closing relations with China, and we need to begin doing this today.  A 10% reduction in trade each year to a level not to exceed 20% of what it presently is.  Our hallmark slogan should be fair trade, not free trade.  Free trade exists on the shores of the USA only, while the rest of the world is protecting their economies.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 05:33:49 pm by jafo2010 »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2023, 05:55:09 pm »
Interesting take @jafo2010  Thanks.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2023, 05:58:12 pm »
 ////00000////

80% of Americans think Zelensky is Polish.

Polls are propaganda tools of misinformation to gaslight people to ignore reality.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2023, 05:59:17 pm »
The arguments on this board sound like a major circle jerk to me.  Have any of you been to Russia?  Or Ukraine?  Doesn't sound like it.

I have been there a number of times, and there are some basics that all should understand.  Russia is a completely corrupt nation, top to bottom.  Yes, there are good people in Russia, but the ones that run everything would steal the shirt off their mother's back if they could.  Ukraine, having been a sister nation, populated with many people of Russian heritage is NO DIFFERENT.  They are every bit as corrupt, top to bottom.  Zelensky to get to the level he is at, believe me, he is corrupt.

Another thing that is reflective in their culture is the lack of religious freedom and belief.  Excluding the Russian Orthodox church, which has a relationship with the Russian government, there is little to no religious freedom in Russia, and now the same can be said for Ukraine.  These two nations are virtual mirrors of one another culturally.

Plus the age old argument of every dead Russian is one less we the USA has to kill.  It is assumed we will jump in to save the day.  But the huge problem with past established mindsets is that the QUADPARTITE of Russia, China, North Korea and Iran,

How long will the Russian/Ukraine War remain conventional?  How long before the USA jumps in with our military on the ground?  Oh wait, we already have forces there.  I have seen numbers in the tens and numbers in the hundreds.  You can bet the real number is in the thousands.  Unfolding just like Vietnam...yeah, Vietnam.  And a number of you lived through that sh*t sandwich.

Russia is teaching their children in their schools that it was the USA that started this war.  Are you aware of that?  Also, the people in Russia are largely given the mushroom treatment, kept in the dark and fed bullsh*t all day long.  Not much has really changed from the days of the USSR in Russia.  It is a totalitarian nation with large swaths of the country still very much controlled by the communist party.

But be reassured, the USA has one of its greatest champions as POTUS to lead the way.  You should sleep with ease, oh yeah.

I think todays world makes the early 1960s look like the good ole days.  There are more evil nations today with weapons of mass destruction than ever before, and it will not get better.  At some point, this game hits tilt.  When it does, it will not be 120 million dying as in WWII, but it will be billions dying.  That day is coming.  Not if, the question is when, and is it accelerated with evil doers like Putin at the helm and a total incompetent like Biden at the wheel?  Ah yeah.  Ugly days ahead.  Enjoy the peace now.

The age old expression of live every day like it is your last is more pertinent today than ever before.  The last day for billions is coming, and many powerful and super rich folks around the world are planning that moment in time because they blame too many people for all the planets woes.  Best get rid of all these people running around throwing straws in the oceans.

There will be no winning in this war.  You need to dis-spell that notion because there is only one way this all ends, unless key players like Putin die and are replaced with people that do not have an insane desire to conquer the planet.

Last but not least, the time has come to undo the moronic decision made by Richard Nixon of incorporating China into the global community.  We must begin closing relations with China, and we need to begin doing this today.  A 10% reduction in trade each year to a level not to exceed 20% of what it presently is.  Our hallmark slogan should be fair trade, not free trade.  Free trade exists on the shores of the USA only, while the rest of the world is protecting their economies.

Absolutely, hands down, the best post in this thread! Thank you for this wonderful and informative post @jafo2010   Hopefully it has opened a lot of eyes.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2023, 06:40:20 pm »

:facepalm2:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2023, 07:50:10 pm »
The arguments on this board sound like a major circle jerk to me.  Have any of you been to Russia?  

I have. Twice,for two weeks each  time. Moscow the first time,and Yoshkar-Ola that second time.

I have been there a number of times, and there are some basics that all should understand.  Russia is a completely corrupt nation, top to bottom.

Kinda like the America of today,right?

Yes, there are good people in Russia, but the ones that run everything would steal the shirt off their mother's back if they could.  Ukraine, having been a sister nation, populated with many people of Russian heritage is NO DIFFERENT.  They are every bit as corrupt, top to bottom.  Zelensky to get to the level he is at, believe me, he is corrupt.

Once again,kinda like the America of today,right?

NOT true. I know of a local fundie dingbat that has been to Russia several times on a religious crusade,handing  out Bibles and trying to convert Russians to  whatever she is.

BTW,when I say "Dingbat", I am talking in her 60's and living in a van.

Plus the age old argument of every dead Russian is one less we the USA has to kill.  

Not MY argument! I am all about NOT interfering with  the Russians when they want to take out their own rats.

Not really. Damn near EVERYBODY is a nuclear nation these days. "You nuke me,and I will nuke you!" is a pretty effective deterrent.

How long will the Russian/Ukraine War remain conventional?

Forever? Was this a trick question? You DO know that if Russia were to nuke another European country  that it would amount to the same thing as nuking them all,due to the fallout,right?

How long before the USA jumps in with our military on the ground?

As peacekeepers once the Russians retreat back to Russia,or on the 52nd day of Never. Whichever comes first.

Oh wait, we already have forces there.  I have seen numbers in the tens and numbers in the hundreds.  You can bet the real number is in the thousands.  Unfolding just like Vietnam...yeah, Vietnam.  And a number of you lived through that sh*t sandwich.

zzzzzz. Wake me when you come up with something real. I am not even certain the Miss Miley Military of today would even fight to protect America. Homo Rights maybe,but not the flag or the nation.

EEK! EEEK! EEEK! Sumbodie grab de wimmins and de chil-runs,and run fer da hills! EEEK! EEEK! EEEK!

You DARE to claim that on the same post where you claim to have visited Russia several times????????

The Russian people are slaves/serfs,not stupid. 

Are you aware of that?  Also, the people in Russia are largely given the mushroom treatment, kept in the dark and fed bullsh*t all day long.  Not much has really changed from the days of the USSR in Russia.

That part is still true. One of the most popular jokes going around when I first went there right after the collapse of the Berlin Wall was "We pretend to work,and they pretend to pay us."

It is a totalitarian nation with large swaths of the country still very much controlled by the communist party.

That is because it is a slave nation. That does NOT mean the typical Russian of today does not know what is going on,though.

EEEK! EEEK! EEEK!

[/b]

Spoken like a true Surrender Monkey.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2023, 07:55:46 pm »
[/b]

Spoken like a true Surrender Monkey.

@sneakypete is that all you have??? Calling people 'surrender monkeys' that don't agree with your playbook?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2023, 03:55:14 am »

Ukraine is screwed regardless.  The destruction they have incurred at the hands of Russia will set them back for decades.  Their only realistic objective is to drive Russian forces completely out of their country by destroying as much of them as possible so that Russia is not able to pull this crap again.

It is in the US interest to end this war as quickly as possible with a decisive Russian defeat and the permanent loss of Sevastopol as a Russian naval base.  Unfortunately, the idiot who resides in our White House doesn't see it that way.  Biden's objective is to drag this war out as long as possible, always holding back Ukraine from achieving victory.

Zelenskiy is desperately trying to save his country.  And he is having to put up with a lot of crap from this regime in order to get the help he is getting (which is a pittance of what is being spent).  Sure, he knows how money is being siphoned off, mostly before it even reaches Ukraine.  But he also knows that some weapons are getting through.  And those are his lifeline to Ukraine's survival.

If Russia wins this war, there will no longer be a Ukraine.  And that is not in anyone's best interest.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2023, 01:40:26 pm »
BTW,stop,and consider for a moment,the silliness of actually believing that some respected polling organization actually ran a poll in Ukraine while there was a shooting war going on,and that the results of such a poll would be accurate,and NOT what the polling organization/the people who paid for the poll,wanted them to be?

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2023, 09:06:18 pm »

Though she no longer posts, @Right_in_Virginia posted all kinds of evidence and history of Ukraine and Russia and I absolutely agreed with her.

Thanks @libertybele .... I did post this information.  It's nice to know someone remembers it.   happy77

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2023, 09:11:28 pm »
Ukraine is screwed regardless.  The destruction they have incurred at the hands of Russia will set them back for decades.  Their only realistic objective is to drive Russian forces completely out of their country by destroying as much of them as possible so that Russia is not able to pull this crap again.

It is in the US interest to end this war as quickly as possible with a decisive Russian defeat and the permanent loss of Sevastopol as a Russian naval base.  Unfortunately, the idiot who resides in our White House doesn't see it that way.  Biden's objective is to drag this war out as long as possible, always holding back Ukraine from achieving victory.

Zelenskiy is desperately trying to save his country.  And he is having to put up with a lot of crap from this regime in order to get the help he is getting (which is a pittance of what is being spent).  Sure, he knows how money is being siphoned off, mostly before it even reaches Ukraine.  But he also knows that some weapons are getting through.  And those are his lifeline to Ukraine's survival.

If Russia wins this war, there will no longer be a Ukraine.  And that is not in anyone's best interest.

:thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2023, 03:25:24 am »
Another piece of Ukraine-Russia history that hasn't been brought up yet is the 2004 Ukrainian Presidential election between Russian puppet Viktor Yanukovych and Viktor Yushchenko.  The Russians were so desperate to get Yanukovych in there that they tried to assassinate Yushchenko with dioxin.

In 2010, Yanukovych finally became President.  Once in office, he had his Presidential opponent Yulia Tymoshenko thrown in prison, began censoring the press, and began using his government position as his own personal crime syndicate, embezzling $70 billion in government funds to himself, his family, and his cronies.  He gave Putin a sweetheart deal on a 25-year lease extension of Sevastopol port facilities for Russia's Black Sea fleet.  And he sabotaged the process for Ukraine's entry into the EU which was to be finalized in Nov 2013.

This last act sparked a huge uprising.  Protesters filled the streets demanding his resignation over the EU betrayal and a reinstatement of the 2004 Constitution.  Yanukovych ordered the police to open fire on the protesters.  Over 100 civilians were killed.  The next day, the protest evolved into a full scale revolution, and Yanukovych fled Kyiv.  The following day, the Ukrainian Parliament voted unanimously to remove Yanukovych from office and to reinstate the Constitution.  They also ordered Tymoshenko's release from prison.

Five days later, Yanukovych turns up in Russia where he continues to live to this day.  Go figure.  Three days after his arrival in Rostov, Yanukovych asked Putin to send troops into Ukraine. 

THIS is the real history of how we got to where we are now.  Putin has actively been trying to take over Ukraine since his election meddling in 2004.  By 2022, he simply lost patience and opted for a full scale invasion.  Putin is the bad guy here.  Ukraine simply wanted to be left alone.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2023, 10:41:59 am »
@sneakypete is that all you have??? Calling people 'surrender monkeys' that don't agree with your playbook?

@libertybele

How about people who support Russia should be called Putin Sympathizers? You know the former KGB agent who is 90 times more corrupt than Zelensky.  I miss the days when Conservatives viewed Russia as the enemy (like Reagan did).
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2023, 02:15:09 pm »

@libertybele

I didn't create you,I just identified you.