Author Topic: “MINNESOTASTAN” Pakistani Muslim immigrant doctor working at Mayo Clinic convicted of planning ISIS  (Read 332 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
“MINNESOTASTAN” Pakistani Muslim immigrant doctor working at Mayo Clinic convicted of planning ISIS attacks inside United States
SEPTEMBER 3, 2023 BY BARENAKEDISLAM

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A Pakistani doctor and former Mayo Clinic research coordinator who sought to join the Islamic State terrorist group to fight in Syria and expressed interest in carrying out attacks on U.S. soil was sentenced Friday to 18 years in prison.

RevolverNews – Steve Karnowski, The Associated Press (h/t Mary C)

Muhammad Masood, 31, pleaded guilty a year ago to attempting to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization. Prosecutors said he attempted unsuccessfully to travel from the U.S. to Syria via Jordan in 2020, then agreed to fly from Minneapolis to Los Angeles to meet up with someone he thought would help him travel by cargo ship to IS territory.

But FBI agents arrested him at the Minneapolis airport on March 19, 2020, after he checked in for his flight.

U.S. District Judge Paul Magnuson handed down his sentence Friday in St. Paul.

Prosecutors said Masood was in the U.S. on a work visa. They alleged that starting in January 2020, he made several statements to paid informants — whom he believed were IS members — pledging his allegiance to the group and its leader. Prosecutors also said he expressed a desire to carry out “lone wolf” attacks in the U.S.

https://barenakedislam.com/2023/09/03/minnesotastan-pakistani-muslim-immigrant-doctor-working-at-mayo-clinic-convicted-of-planning-isis-attacks-inside-united-states/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

Prosecutors said Masood was in the U.S. on a work visa.
Ah, well, what can you do when there's just not a single qualified American for the job?  :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online LMAO

Ah, well, what can you do when there's just not a single qualified American for the job?  :whistle:

I see quite a few doctors that are on work visas from foreign countries at the hospital I work at simply because of the doctor shortage

And three of them come from these Muslim countries. Very good doctors. But are we sure of their background?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
But, but...did he have his jabs up to date?

Or, being a foreigner, was he exempt?

Enquiring minds wanna know...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis