Author Topic: Piece of Berlin Wall Placed in Mexico near U.S. Border Barrier as ‘Message’  (Read 326 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Piece of Berlin Wall Placed in Mexico near U.S. Border Barrier as ‘Message’

Bob Price 3 Sep 2023

Mexican officials in Tijuana placed a three-ton section of the former Berlin Wall near the U.S. border with a message to “build a society that knocks down walls and builds bridges.” The message ignores the stark difference in purpose between the two barriers.

During a ceremony in August, Tijuana Mayor Montserrat Caballero and former Mexican Foreign Secretary Marcelo Ebrard installed the 12-meter high segment of the fallen Berlin Wall — a wall designed by the former Soviet Union to keep communist-controlled German citizens locked inside and became an icon of the Cold War-era. Guards would frequently use deadly force to stop their citizens from fleeing the oppressive regime.

https://twitter.com/LAPlazaLA/status/1690785383800586240

more
https://www.breitbart.com/border/2023/09/03/piece-of-berlin-wall-placed-in-mexico-near-u-s-border-barrier-as-message/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Now if Mexico would just fill in the rest of the wall with like pieces of concrete, that would be wonderful.   :whistle:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Now if Mexico would just fill in the rest of the wall with like pieces of concrete, that would be wonderful.   :whistle:
My thought, too. Just incorporate that concrete slab into the rest of the border wall.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

My thought, too. Just incorporate that concrete slab into the rest of the border wall.

....and Mexico would pay for it.  :laugh:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The message that SHOULD be sent by this wall fragment is 180 degrees opposite of what the Mexis intended.

If the Berlin Wall proves anything... it's that "a wall", effectively constructed and policed, can WORK, and can work quite well.

Back in its time, the Wall in Berlin did just what it was intended to do:
That is, it kept people on one side from getting to the other side.

But you're going to object with, "look at those who got across anyway".
Yes, some did.
But there weren't many, and many more didn't make it.
That's why when someone did break through, it was news.

I know well about the Wall, its intent, and effectiveness.
I was there.
I went THROUGH it.
(in 1971, at Checkpoint Charlie)
I got to see it from both sides.

Years later, in the late 80's/early 90's, when I thought of the growing border problem between Texas and Mexico, the first thing that came to mind was my earlier observations and experiences at The Berlin Wall.

If it could work there, it could work HERE.
For some reasons that were different, and others that were the same.

The most effective deterrent to illegal border jumpers is a large, passive barrier that is patrolled and enforced.

That's why the leftist communists are so opposed to it.

And that's also why I was one of the first posters in America to propose a "Wall of America" the full length of the southern border. This was back before Patrick Buchanan came up with the idea.

Nothing's changed since then.
Build the wall ...!

Offline DB

Ah... The Berlin wall was to keep people in... The US/Mexico wall is to keep people out of the US... A fundamental difference that any idiot should be able to see...

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Piece of Berlin Wall Placed in Mexico near U.S. Border Barrier as ‘Message’
A view of the 12-meter-long, about 3-ton piece of the fallen Berlin Wall donated to the city of Tijuana in Mexico on August 15, 2023. (Carlos Moreno/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images)Carlos Moreno/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images
BOB PRICE3 Sep 2023307
2:27
Mexican officials in Tijuana placed a three-ton section of the former Berlin Wall near the U.S. border with a message to “build a society that knocks down walls and builds bridges.” The message ignores the stark difference in purpose between the two barriers.

During a ceremony in August, Tijuana Mayor Montserrat Caballero and former Mexican Foreign Secretary Marcelo Ebrard installed the 12-meter high segment of the fallen Berlin Wall — a wall designed by the former Soviet Union to keep communist-controlled German citizens locked inside and became an icon of the Cold War-era. Guards would frequently use deadly force to stop their citizens from fleeing the oppressive regime.

In sharp contrast, the U.S.-built border barrier is designed to stop the illegal flow of migrants across the border from Mexico into California.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2023/09/03/piece-of-berlin-wall-placed-in-mexico-near-u-s-border-barrier-as-message/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson