Author Topic: Christie predicts Trump’s Jan. 6 trial date will be ‘disastrous’ for GOP  (Read 514 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Christie predicts Trump’s Jan. 6 trial date will be ‘disastrous’ for GOP
by Lauren Sforza - 08/29/23 8:38 AM ET

GOP presidential candidate Chris Christie predicted that former President Trump’s trial date related to the federal Jan. 6 case will be “disastrous” for the Republican Party.

“I think for Republican voters, the biggest thing they have to look at now is that we’re gonna have a guy running for president who, from March 4 probably for the next four-to-six weeks, will be every day in a courtroom in Washington, D.C., and not campaigning against Joe Biden,” Christie, the former governor of New Jersey, told CNN’s Jake Tapper on “The Lead.”

“This is disastrous for the Republican Party,” he continued. “And this is why I’ve been saying — right from the time I got into the race — that given his personal conduct, given the stuff that he did himself, that he simply can’t be our nominee.”

Still, Christie said the trial set for March 4 is a “realistic date,” noting that Justice Department (DOJ) special counsel Jack Smith likely charged the former president alone in this case so that it would be moved to trial faster. He added that the court battles could put the GOP at a disadvantage, as Trump remains the current GOP front-runner.

U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan decided Monday to begin jury selection March 4 for Trump’s trial in the DOJ case targeting his efforts to remain in office after losing the 2020 election. This comes after Smith’s team asked for a Jan. 2, 2024, trial date, while Trump’s team pushed for a trial date in April 2026.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4176266-christie-predicts-trumps-jan-6-trial-date-will-be-disastrous-for-gop/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Christie is correct in the fact that Trump will be tied up in court and that will be a hindrance for his campaign, but I believe he still has quite a bit of support which indeed will be disastrous for the GOPe.

Christie's campaign IMHO is insignificant and he won't be the nominee -- he's lining his pockets is all.

DeSantis, Trump and Haley are the 3 that I believe will remain in the race and Ramsy is making an azz out of himself with his rapping and insulting Haley. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Lol

Biden,  or whatever Democrat they put up to replace him, will win the White House in 2024
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

GOP Presidential race is wide open.  Anyone who hangs in the Primary Race to the Convention may be rewarded for his/her persistence.

////00000////

An all-you-can-eat buffet will be disastrous for Christie's cholesterol.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 02:13:01 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online roamer_1

This is why Tumpy should have the good grace to step down and avoid such circumstance... And back DeSantis instead of cutting him down. And THEN go off to court to settle things.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This is why Tumpy should have the good grace to step down and avoid such circumstance... And back DeSantis instead of cutting him down. And THEN go off to court to settle things.

The problem is that basically gives the Democrats the ability to determine who can and cannot run for President simply by targeting them legally.

I can't stand Trump and wouldn't vote for him, but it would suck if he withdrew because of these cases.

Online roamer_1

The problem is that basically gives the Democrats the ability to determine who can and cannot run for President simply by targeting them legally.

I can't stand Trump and wouldn't vote for him, but it would suck if he withdrew because of these cases.

Yes, but it's a longstanding problem, and nothing new... Except perhaps that a former president is the target.

As for Democrats choosing... True. But maybe less so if Republicans choose someone with a good record and a proper demeanor, and not a buffoon that daily has both his feet in his mouth.. Jussayin.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
There might be some speculative truth to the assertion, but they need someone with more credibility than Jabba the Hut to deliver it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Christie: Trump’s ‘Trial Is Going to Lead to Republicans Losing All Across this Country’

Former Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ), a candidate for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, said Tuesday on FNC’s “America Reports” that former President Donald Trump’s trial will “lead to Republicans losing all across this country.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/08/29/christie-trumps-trial-is-going-to-lead-to-republicans-losing-all-across-this-country/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

What we saw in 2022 is that if Republicans want to win in the general election, they have to find a way to separate themselves from Donald Trump

The problem is the Republican primaries
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline corbe

It is a fight between the GOPe and Trump.  It always has been. Trump has just played along because he's a dumbazz.

PROOF:  The three most powerful people representing the RNC, McDaniels, McConnell and McCarthy he's endorsed, multiple times.

I think he has a reverse Mc phobia.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.