Author Topic: Democratic group ties Manchin to Trump in new ad campaign  (Read 198 times)

Online libertybele

Democratic group ties Manchin to Trump in new ad campaign
« on: August 29, 2023, 03:53:23 pm »
Democratic group ties Manchin to Trump in new ad campaign

A Democratic-aligned group is launching a new ad aimed at boosting Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) as he mulls reelection by tying the West Virginia Democrat to an unlikely figure: former President Donald Trump.

The Duty and Honor PAC, which is affiliated with Senate Democrats, will begin airing the ad this week, highlighting Manchin’s work to protect miners’ pensions and health insurance during the Trump administration. The six-figure ad campaign will be featured on multiple digital platforms, including Facebook, YouTube, and Google.

“When miners’ pensions were being chipped away, Joe Manchin protected our hard-earned benefits and worked with President Trump to protect over 100,000 miners’ pensions,” the voiceover says. “And when gridlock in Washington threatened to take away our healthcare, Sen. Manchin made sure nobody touched our benefits and helped secure health insurance for 22,000 miners. That's the West Virginia way. Tell Manchin to keep fighting for West Virginia.”

Manchin has yet to announce whether he will run for reelection to the Senate or if he has other plans. He often teases the possibility of a presidential run on a third-party ticket, which would leave open a crucial Senate seat and pose a serious challenge to President Joe Biden as he seeks reelection.

The West Virginia senator is being eyed as a top contender for the No Labels group, which is planning to launch an alternative ticket in the case of a Trump-Biden rematch.

The West Virginia Senate race is anticipated to be one of the most competitive elections of the 2024 cycle, making it one of only three races to be deemed a “tossup” by the nonpartisan Cook Political Report. If Manchin runs for a second bid, he is expected to be one of the most vulnerable incumbents in the Senate, as he would be running in a state that Biden lost by nearly 40 percentage points in 2020. .............

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/democratic-ad-campaign-boosts-manchin-tying-him-trump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Re: Democratic group ties Manchin to Trump in new ad campaign
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2023, 11:55:17 pm »
Not going to work in WV provided Manchin can get through the Democrat Party primary

WV won’t vote for a “ Squad Democrat” to represent them in the Senate
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy