Author Topic: RAINEY: SERVICE NEEDS HELP DESIGNING ARMY OF 2040  (Read 169 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
RAINEY: SERVICE NEEDS HELP DESIGNING ARMY OF 2040
« on: August 18, 2023, 04:45:16 pm »
RAINEY: SERVICE NEEDS HELP DESIGNING ARMY OF 2040

Photo by: U.S. Army/Spc. Lessitte Canales
Fri, 08/18/2023 - 07:20

The Army needs help from industry, academia and others as it envisions and designs the Army of 2040, the commander of Army Futures Command said.

From transforming its formations to improving human-machine integration, “we need some help,” Gen. James Rainey said during a keynote speech at the Association of the U.S. Army’s Global Force Symposium and Exposition earlier this year.

“War will remain a contest of wills between humans,” Rainey said. “What’s not going to change about the future? I would offer that. That is indisputable.”

Because of this human element, the Army’s “No. 1 asymmetric advantage” is its people, Rainey said. To maintain this all-volunteer force, Rainey encouraged those in the audience to tell their Army stories and encourage young people to join the service. “We have to sustain our quality of our people, and that starts with young men and women deciding to join,” he said. “If we get everything else wrong, we’ve got to get that right.”

https://www.ausa.org/news/rainey-service-needs-help-designing-army-2040
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson