Author Topic: Hurricane Hilary thread  (Read 6293 times)

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Hurricane Hilary thread
« on: August 16, 2023, 04:04:01 pm »
The Arizona Weatherman and Raiden Storm had a meteorological discussion on the upcoming potential of Hurricane Hilary hitting Arizona and Southern California towards the weekend.

https://original.newsbreak.com/@arizona-weatherman-1653400/3122504082514-future-hurricane-hilary-is-going-to-directly-impact-arizona-with-heavy-rain-and-thunderstorms.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 10:15:13 pm by jmyrlefuller »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
So instead of the illegals worrying about dying of thirst, the flash floods will get them?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
For a moment I thought Katie Hobbs was enlisting Mrs. Clinton for help in something and this was in the wrong category...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Kamaji

For a moment I thought Katie Hobbs was enlisting Mrs. Clinton for help in something and this was in the wrong category...

:silly:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I was looking at the GFS models yesterday, and I noticed what appeared to be a 960Mb storm off the coast near SD next week.

I thought it was a glitch.  If it isn't it is a significantly rare event.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 03:11:32 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I am looking forward to it.  I love a good Monsoon storm! 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well you are certainly well situated for one, on a hill and watching from the battlements of Castillo del Cyber :silly:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well you are certainly well situated for one, on a hill and watching from the battlements of Castillo del Cyber :silly:

You betcha!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Finally your Moat will be filled....again.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Well, I know you're probably prepared, but take care of yourself.  You're one of my favorite people.  3333hugs  From the pics of the castle that you have posted you should be up high enough from any flooding. 

I'm wondering if your kitties get antsy when a storm hits?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, I know you're probably prepared, but take care of yourself.  You're one of my favorite people.  3333hugs  From the pics of the castle that you have posted you should be up high enough from any flooding. 

I'm wondering if your kitties get antsy when a storm hits?

Some of the kittehs do get weird when there is thunder and lightning outside but they know it's safe in here. 

We are 900 ft above the Colorado River, but there are a couple of washes here that will be running.  Several months ago we had a big storm and I could not get out of my neighborhood.  We do have plenty of food and water, for now.
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

Some of the kittehs do get weird when there is thunder and lightning outside but they know it's safe in here. 

We are 900 ft above the Colorado River, but there are a couple of washes here that will be running.  Several months ago we had a big storm and I could not get out of my neighborhood.  We do have plenty of food and water, for now.

Wow, I didn't realize you were that high up. Wonderful. The Castillo del Cyber is a good place to be. :beer:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Wow, I didn't realize you were that high up. Wonderful. The Castillo del Cyber is a good place to be. :beer:

It's usually 3 degrees below the temperature on the river because of our altitude.  Ears pop a couple of times every time we drive into town.
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

Hurricane Hilary is 'strengthening rapidly' and will likely become 'major' storm today, forecasters say
Hilary has now become a Category 2 hurricane

Hurricane Hilary, which is bound to impact California and the Southwest, is "strengthening rapidly" Thursday and is "likely to become a major hurricane" by the end of the day, forecasters are warning.

As of midday Thursday, the storm, which has now been upgraded to a Category 2 hurricane, is centered about 500 miles south-southeast of Cabo San Lucas in Mexico, with current maximum sustained winds of 105 mph, according to the National Hurricane Center (NHC).

"Heavy rainfall in association with Hilary is expected to impact the Southwestern United States from Friday through early next week, peaking on Sunday and Monday," the NHC said in its latest advisory. 

"Rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches, with isolated amounts in excess of 8 inches, will be possible across portions of southern California and southern Nevada," it added.

FOX Weather is forecasting parts of Arizona and Utah to be hit with several inches of rain as well through next Wednesday. .........

https://www.foxnews.com/us/hurricane-hilary-strengthening-rapidly-will-likely-become-major-storm-today-forecasters-say

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Hurricane Hilary thread
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2023, 10:16:10 pm »
Topics merged and stickied.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2023, 10:23:20 pm »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2023, 10:26:11 pm »
Looks like I'm gonna get wet, starting tomorrow night.  The last heavy storm, I never lost WiFi, so knock on wood that I don't need to switch my Verizon hotspot on.
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2023, 10:28:23 pm »
Latest from the National Hurricane Center:
https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_ep4.shtml?start

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2023, 10:29:30 pm »
Looks like I'm gonna get wet, starting tomorrow night.  The last heavy storm, I never lost WiFi, so knock on wood that I don't need to switch my Verizon hotspot on.

How are ya if the power goes? Got a fail-over jenny or anything?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2023, 11:38:22 pm »
How are ya if the power goes? Got a fail-over jenny or anything?

No, if the power goes out I'll be SOL....
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I was looking at the GFS models yesterday, and I noticed what appeared to be a 960Mb storm off the coast of SD next week.

I thought it was a glitch.  If it isn't it is a significantly rare event.
Yeah, to those of us from the Dakotas, that seemed really screwed up.

Then I realized you were talking about Sandy Eggo.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Yeah, to those of us from the Dakotas, that seemed really screwed up.

Then I realized you were talking about Sandy Eggo.

Yeah... I did the same thing... SODAK, wtf?   :silly: :beer:

Offline Idiot

Hurricane Hilary is 'strengthening rapidly' and will likely become 'major' storm today, forecasters say
Hilary has now become a Category 2 hurricane

Hurricane Hilary, which is bound to impact California and the Southwest, is "strengthening rapidly" Thursday and is "likely to become a major hurricane" by the end of the day, forecasters are warning.

As of midday Thursday, the storm, which has now been upgraded to a Category 2 hurricane, is centered about 500 miles south-southeast of Cabo San Lucas in Mexico, with current maximum sustained winds of 105 mph, according to the National Hurricane Center (NHC).

"Heavy rainfall in association with Hilary is expected to impact the Southwestern United States from Friday through early next week, peaking on Sunday and Monday," the NHC said in its latest advisory. 

"Rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches, with isolated amounts in excess of 8 inches, will be possible across portions of southern California and southern Nevada," it added.

FOX Weather is forecasting parts of Arizona and Utah to be hit with several inches of rain as well through next Wednesday. .........

https://www.foxnews.com/us/hurricane-hilary-strengthening-rapidly-will-likely-become-major-storm-today-forecasters-say
Please let it come to Texas.  We were 110 degrees today.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Please let it come to Texas.  We were 110 degrees today.

I arrange to send some.  You might get some rain when the Westerlies get hold of it.

ETA:  It's 110 here too.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 12:24:37 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.