Author Topic: Immigrant Shelter Will Cost NY Taxpayers $20M A Month, $10k Per Migrant  (Read 157 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Immigrant Shelter Will Cost NY Taxpayers $20M A Month, $10k Per Migrant

OAN’s Brooke Mallory
2:00 PM – Sunday, August 13, 2023

New York taxpayers will pay $20 million a month to hold migrants on Randall’s Island, or $10,000 per asylum seeker if the facility fills all 2,000 beds, according to a state source who disclosed documents and internal emails to the press.

The provisional facility off the coast of Manhattan is one of four migrant housing facilities entirely sponsored by the state as part of a frantic attempt to keep up with the influx of migrants that has New York City at capacity.

Last Monday, New York City Democrat Mayor Eric Adams stated that the city’s migrant crisis will cost a stunning $12 billion over the next three years.

https://www.oann.com/newsroom/immigrant-shelter-will-cost-ny-taxpayers-20m-a-month-10k-per-migrant/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson