Author Topic: F-35 Crash Report Includes Sonar Image Of It On Seafloor  (Read 196 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
F-35 Crash Report Includes Sonar Image Of It On Seafloor
« on: August 12, 2023, 10:15:33 am »
F-35 Crash Report Includes Sonar Image Of It On Seafloor
Story by Thomas Newdick •
10h

Nearly two years after a British F-35B crashed in the Mediterranean after an aborted takeoff attempt from the Royal Navy aircraft carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth, we now have a sonar image of what the jet looked like resting upside down on the seafloor. This comes from a final report of the investigation into the accident in November 2021, which highlights broader concerns about safety and security aboard the carrier during its debut operational cruise.

The U.K. Ministry of Defense released the 148-page report, portions of which are redacted, earlier today. It says that the most immediate cause of the mishap involving the F-35B — serial ZM152 and also known by its construction number, BK-18 — was that one of the stealth jet's intake blanks had become stuck in the intake itself. This had already been confirmed in an interim report British authorities released last year.

Two Royal Air Force F-35Bs (with ZM152 further from the camera) accompany a U.S. Air Force B-2 stealth bomber over the English coast during integration flying training in 2019. Crown Copyright

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/f-35-crash-report-includes-sonar-image-of-it-on-seafloor/ar-AA1fag9m?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=dcd6e07ecb344cd581835b829d0ffcb9&ei=44
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson