Author Topic: Trump mockery of Christie's weight takes a turn after audience member chimes in: 'Don't call him a f  (Read 3632 times)

Online LMAO

Chris Christie had  a lap band put in. It wasn't permanent.

@LMAO

I didn’t know that. Thanks for the heads up.

Any kind of bariatric procedure is only a tool. It’s the excessive eating that gets people to their state of obesity in the first place. The fella I knew that blew through his lap band went right back to his same old eating habits eventually

Food is not only a necessity for life, but it’s a very wonderful gift that God gave us. In today’s modern society, we don’t have to go out and hunt and gather for food. We can just pull up through a drive-through and eat all the burgers and fries and shakes that our bellies can handle. Then we can go home and plop on the couch and watch Oprah.

And we are paying for it as a society in increasing healthcare costs and a variety of medical issues

« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 04:02:38 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
88devil

Thanks for demonstrating that Tumpy gas lights with the best of 'em.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 05:07:23 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online LMAO

We have something that triggers in our brains that, when we see an abundance of food, it tells us to eat lots todayvbecause I don’t know if you’re going to eat tomorrow. It goes back to a time when we had to deal with feast and famine.

I am thankful every day to God that, in his divine wisdom and creation, I live in a time of abundance. I have never known starvation. So when I see someone like Chris Christie, even though some of the fat jokes are kind of funny, I do feel sorry for him as carrying around that much weight is a burden

Obesity is God’s way of putting brakes on overdoing something so wonderful
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 04:59:14 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

I would guess that having both Trump and Christie on the debate stage would look something like this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=exNpabEBWXg&pp=ygUqSSBsb29rIGxpa2UgUm9zaWUgTydEb25uZWxsIHNjZW5lIGluIGNsaWNr

Barry Goldwater

Offline the OlLine Rebel

But, you are doing it in public @the OlLine Rebel

Uh, no.

If you can’t understand the difference between banter on a forum and deliberately making speeches so audiences can hear and media can report it nationwide, then I’m sorry this wasn’t a good enough example.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Uh, no.

If you can’t understand the difference between banter on a forum and deliberately making speeches so audiences can hear and media can report it nationwide, then I’m sorry this wasn’t a good enough example.

And there is a difference between a guy named Lando Lincoln doing it on an internet forum versus a guy named Donald Trump doing it with national media present.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
And there is a difference between a guy named Lando Lincoln doing it on an internet forum versus a guy named Donald Trump doing it with national media present.
There is another major difference, that being that none of us on this or other forum are running for President. Personally I'm past Trump's schoolyard bully rhetoric, I'm ready for an adult this time around.

Online corbe

I've been ready for the last 25 years, McCain, Romney and Trump were disasters, whether they were elected or not. 
   The GOP is the problem.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
   I've been ready for the last 25 years, McCain, Romney and Trump were disasters, whether they were elected or not. 
   The GOP is the problem.

I have to put Bush II in there. I hate that lying POS. But you are right. The GOP is the problem.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Right_in_Virginia

Uh, no.  If you can’t understand the difference between banter on a forum and deliberately making speeches so audiences can hear and media can report it nationwide, then I’m sorry this wasn’t a good enough example.

There's precious little difference between what you (and others) and Trump do ---- vis-a-vis Christie.    If Trump's comments are "unseemly" (as you're fond of saying), so, too, are yours.  If his comments influence opinion, so, too, do yours.  If ridicule is an acceptable tool for you to use, then the same acceptance should be extended to him.

So, @the OlLine Rebel , perhaps instead of waving the virtue scepter because you address a smaller audience from behind annominity, wouldn't the hypocrisy scepter be a better fit?

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
There is another major difference, that being that none of us on this or other forum are running for President. Personally I'm past Trump's schoolyard bully rhetoric, I'm ready for an adult this time around.

:thumbsup:

Online LMAO

There's precious little difference between what you (and others) and Trump do ---- vis-a-vis Christie.    If Trump's comments are "unseemly" (as you're fond of saying), so, too, are yours.  If his comments influence opinion, so, too, do yours.  If ridicule is an acceptable tool for you to use, then the same acceptance should be extended to him.

So, @the OlLine Rebel , perhaps instead of waving the virtue scepter because you address a smaller audience from behind annominity, wouldn't the hypocrisy scepter be a better fit?

Incredible

Not only do you not understand the difference between a primary election and a general election. But you don’t know the difference between a public event and a private forum

Barry Goldwater

Online Right_in_Virginia

Incredible

Not only do you not understand the difference between a primary election and a general election. But you don’t know the difference between a public event and a private forum

Of course I understand the differences.   But, the member only section and PMs are private, everything else is public.  (Hence, the scrupulous tracking and counting of guest visitors).  So your argument is a difference in scale ---- not one of motivation, intent or political weapon.

You, yourself, are quite proficient in using personal belligerence against members in an effort to affect opinions in a political debate --- of both member and public viewership.  In all candor, it is your fallback technique.

So, please, spare me your faux incredulity and instead learn the meaning of "hypocrisy".

« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 05:11:07 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online LMAO

You, yourself, are quite proficient in using personal belligerence against members in an effort to affect opinions in a political debate --- of both member and public viewership.  In all candor, it is your fallback technique.

Someone is upset because I’ve called out her posting history wink77

Barry Goldwater

Online corbe

Welcome to the clubhouse of RiV's Ignore room @LMAO 
   Now we have enough for a Bridge game OR an entire Football team. :smokin:

Online Right_in_Virginia

Couldn't this expand the opportunity for my opinion to get through without people needing those hip boots you referenced above?   888blackhat

Online Kamaji

Probably enough for an entire football league.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Someone is upset because I’ve called out her posting history wink77

There you go again ----  ignoring he message by focusing on the messenger.  Can't help yourself, can you?   88devil

Online corbe

Couldn't this expand the opportunity for my opinion to get through without people needing those hip boots you referenced above?   888blackhat

Absolutely @Right_in_Virginia I haven't been here as long as You, but I'm feeling more and more comfortably each and every day.  The amount of MAGAdoneians has significantly decreased over the last 3 years.

I welcome your input though, IMNHO you are no longer preaching to the choir.

Online LMAO

There you go again ----  ignoring he message by focusing on the messenger.  Can't help yourself, can you?   88devil

What does this even mean???

I was responding to a charge you made about me personally

Normally I would ask for examples of your charge. But your history is one of avoiding answering

But I don’t have a history of calling other members “ignorant” or “clueless” or “facists” or “preferring totalitarianism” or telling other members to stop rooting for the left to succeed simply because others don’t share my worldview

You need to learn to keep your emotions in check before responding to others
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 11:16:53 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Right_in_Virginia

Absolutely @Right_in_Virginia The amount of MAGAdoneians has significantly decreased over the last 3 years.

All by design.

I welcome your input though.

So do the lurkers who come for the updates, but not the  :bs:

Online corbe

Online LMAO

Perfect

But if asking for answers to questions posed or to address points  made beyond “rude orange man” or being told “to stop listening to voices in your head” is what  is defined as being proficiently belligerent to some, well, guilty as charged…lol
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 08:08:27 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Back on topic.  Who is bigger....Lizzo or Christie
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.