Author Topic: Trump mockery of Christie's weight takes a turn after audience member chimes in: 'Don't call him a f  (Read 3630 times)

Offline andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Kamaji

No.

But, here is what I will do:  I will seek and support an (hopefully) able person among the alternatives that the field provides. I will not be so self-absorbed to think my candidate leaving the detritus of destroyed would-be allies in his wake is patriotic or noble. I will pray for some measure of maturity if not statesmanship

:thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Sorry, but I don't want another American Revolution.

Neither do they, not really. They're keyboard warriors.  But it sounds really cool and tough guy-ish, like being a mini-Trump.

If they really wanted a revolution, they missed their chance on January 6, and chose to just whine about it endlessly for the next few years.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Sorry, but I don't want another American Revolution. We already had one! Here is what I want. I want someone who acts like a damn adult when it comes to running for President.

We have a revolution every 2-4 years here, anyway. It's called voting.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

We have a revolution every 2-4 years here, anyway. It's called voting.

:yowsa:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 August 9, 2023 8:53am EDT
Trump says his response to Christie ‘fat pig’ remark was ‘extremely respectful’
Chris Christie tells former President Trump to show up to debate following New Hampshire remarks

By Julia Musto | Fox News

Former President Trump said Tuesday that he was "extremely respectful" while reportedly responding to an audience member who called 2024 GOP challenger Chris Christie a "fat pig" at a campaign event in New Hampshire.

"I was extremely respectful of Sloppy Chris Christie today in New Hampshire," Trump wrote on Truth Social.

"During a speech in front of a large crowd of Patriots, somebody shouted out that ‘Chris Christie is a fat pig.’ Rather than acknowledging that, which many speakers would have done, I said, ‘No, No, he is not a fat pig,’" he continued.

"I’m sure Chris would have been very happy with my defense of him!" Trump exclaimed.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-response-christie-fat-pig-remark-extremely-respectful
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline the OlLine Rebel

I agree with your point although I wouldn't say our Revolution being different was a fluke.  It was different because it was led by sober, responsible, very well-read men.  Being well-read was critical because it made them very well aware of all the other governments/rulers whose societies had failed or become corrupted throughout history, and why.

Probably most importantly, they weren't trying to tear everything down.  The basic structure of colonial society, including all the colonial legislatures, the legal system based on English common law, etc. were all left intact.  All they really changed was who/what were at the very top, and even then, they tried to limit the power of those at the top so they couldn't interfere with all the normalcy they were trying to preserve.

The French Revolution, on the other hand, was motivated by a desire to remake society top to bottom.  So they had to get rid of "the elites", and tear down all the existing structure that they declared to be rotten.

The way I see it now, if there is a second revolution in this country from either the right or left, it's going to look a lot more like the French Revolution than the American.  Rhetoric on both sides is just much more French than American.

Well stated.

As a huge fan of the RevWar, I can say the AmRev was different in the incredible structure behind it.  It wasn’t just a sudden bunch of angry people blundering into destroying everything and killing everyone.  Long before the war actually broke out people were trying to negotiate.  Making their grievances known.  Organizing so much that there became a congress of many men amongst the many states.

And in that groundswell of organization, we had thinkers on the one hand, and activists on the other.  Thoughtful reflective people, as well as active people who pushed it forward to actually get things going.  Have only one kind and the revolution/civil war would probably not even get off the ground much less succeed.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

August 9, 2023 8:53am EDT
Trump says his response to Christie ‘fat pig’ remark was ‘extremely respectful’
Chris Christie tells former President Trump to show up to debate following New Hampshire remarks

By Julia Musto | Fox News

Former President Trump said Tuesday that he was "extremely respectful" while reportedly responding to an audience member who called 2024 GOP challenger Chris Christie a "fat pig" at a campaign event in New Hampshire.

"I was extremely respectful of Sloppy Chris Christie today in New Hampshire," Trump wrote on Truth Social.

"During a speech in front of a large crowd of Patriots, somebody shouted out that ‘Chris Christie is a fat pig.’ Rather than acknowledging that, which many speakers would have done, I said, ‘No, No, he is not a fat pig,’" he continued.

"I’m sure Chris would have been very happy with my defense of him!" Trump exclaimed.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-response-christie-fat-pig-remark-extremely-respectful

He’s such an ass.

Does he honestly not see the hypocrisy and irony?
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

No.

But, here is what I will do:  I will seek and support an (hopefully) able person among the alternatives that the field provides. I will not be so self-absorbed to think my candidate leaving the detritus of destroyed would-be allies in his wake is patriotic or noble. I will pray for some measure of maturity if not statesmanship

It appears you think this election is business as usual --- still clinging to the GOP playbook of playing nice.  How have you missed what's on the line here?  How can you choose good manners over wrestling control from our Stalinist overlords and continue to pray America will instead just move on?

If political fighting is too indelicate for you, fine.  But, please, don't try to turn your POV into a path of courageous virtue when it is surrender.

@Lando Lincoln

Sorry, but I don't want another American Revolution.

Too late, Kev.  It's already here.

Offline LMAO

What does this even mean?

When most people going to a voting booth, how they vote for a candidate many times it’s either due to an ideological alignment, or they like what that  candidate has to say, and are willing to give them a chance

MAGA’s don’t think that way. They truly believe that they are in the mold of the framers, and Donald Trump is going to lead them into a second American renaissance. They will go down in the history books as the people and the president that saved America. You saw some of that behavior on January 6 when they wanted Mike Pence to do what they would never tolerate from Kamala Harris if she were to try that in 2025.

The  “Reagan revolution.” was a revolution that didn’t eventually descended into chaos and dictatorship. That revolution was brought about because of the excesses of the left from the late 1960s up to 1980. And it was brought through the process and by attracting voters to the movement, not repelling them.

Democrats and the left are winning since Donald Trump has become front and center. Look at the number of offices the Republicans held in 2016 and compare that to today.

That’s reality. And as Ayn Rand  said, “you can deny reality. But you can’t deny the consequences of denying reality.”

Trump and his MAGAs are the life saving ring that keeps the Democrats from drowning. Whether or not they want to admit it, without them, most people would have no reason to vote for the Democrats.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 02:56:45 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
If there is another Revolution, I'm taking cover behind Christie.

If Trump wants to get on Christies good side he'll have to take two subways.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LMAO

If there is another Revolution, I'm taking cover behind Christie.

I think there’s enough room behind Christie to protect an entire urban population

He is a big boy
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
I think there’s enough room behind Christie to protect an entire urban population

He is a big boy

Trump isn’t a waif either…
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Neither do they, not really. They're keyboard warriors.  But it sounds really cool and tough guy-ish, like being a mini-Trump

Please, educate yourself @Maj. Bill Martin 

The Remaking of America
American Greatness, Aug 7, 2023, Victor Davis Hanson

The Revolution began under the Obama administration that sought to divide Americans into oppressed and oppressors, and then substitute race for class victimization. It was empowered by the bicoastal wealth accrued from globalization, and honed during the COVID lockdown, quarantine-fed economic downturn, and the George Floyd riots and their aftermath. The Revolution was boosted by fanatic opposition to the presidency of Donald Trump. And the result is an America that is unrecognizable from what it was a mere decade ago.

Here are 10 upheavals that the Left has successfully wrought.

[...]

The Weaponization of Justice. Administrations and their efforts to stock the justice department with supporters come and go. But in the last decade the Left has viewed the Department of Justice as a political extension of the party—whose unchecked power must properly be directed to hurt enemies and help friends. No wonder Eric Holder described himself as Obama’s “wingman” and became the first Attorney General to be held in contempt for ignoring a congressional subpoena.

Never in U.S. history have the Department of Justice and sympathetic state and local prosecutors indicted a leading opposition candidate and likely nominee of one of the two major parties, and at the beginning of a presidential campaign. Donald Trump is currently charged with nearly 100 felonies by at least two prosecutors. He likely eventually will be hit with more than- 500 indictments, from four prosecutors, every one of the latter with a long record of either leftwing associations or Democratic service.

The mass murderer Charles Manson faced less legal exposure. No one believes Trump would have been indicted on such counts—most of them involving allegations from years past—were he not running for President.

One count that Donald Trump is not charged with is bribery, or taking money while in office, a crime cited as impeachable in the Constitution and germane to the accusations that Joe Biden and his family raked in millions from foreign governments due to the improper use of his prior Vice Presidency.

The former CIA Director admitted to lying twice under oath. The FBI hired social media corporations to suppress election-cycle news deemed unhelpful to the Left. The agency, along with Democratic operatives, helped hatch the election-cycle conspiracy of the 2015-2016 Russian-Collusion hoax, and the 2020 Russian disinformation laptop hoax. The FBI played a central role in many of the 2024 indictments. In other words, the FBI along with the DOJ, has sought to warp three presidential elections in a row.

More:
https://amgreatness.com/2023/08/07/the-remaking-of-america/

Online Kamaji

When most people going to a voting booth, how they vote for a candidate many times it’s either due to an ideological alignment, or they like what that  candidate has to say, and are willing to give them a chance

MAGA’s don’t think that way. They truly believe that they are in the mold of the framers, and Donald Trump is going to lead them into a second American renaissance. They will go down in the history books as the people and the president that saved America. You saw some of that behavior on January 6 when they wanted Mike Pence to do what they would never tolerate from Kamala Harris if she were to try that in 2025.

The  “Reagan revolution.” was a revolution that didn’t eventually descended into chaos and dictatorship. That revolution was brought about because of the excesses of the left from the late 1960s up to 1980. And it was brought through the process and by attracting voters to the movement, not repelling them.

Democrats and the left are winning since Donald Trump has become front and center. Look at the number of offices the Republicans held in 2016 and compare that to today.

That’s reality. And as Ayn Rand  said, “you can deny reality. But you can’t deny the consequences of denying reality.”

Trump and his MAGAs are the life saving ring that keeps the Democrats from drowning. Whether or not they want to admit it, without them, most people would have no reason to vote for the Democrats.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

....MAGA’s don’t think that way. They truly believe that they are in the mold of the framers, and Donald Trump is going to lead them into a second American renaissance. They will go down in the history books as the people and the president that saved America. You saw some of that behavior on January 6.

Very well said.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
88devil

Amazing, you put that up as if Trump openly insulting Christie at the opening and "quoting" some supposed crowd member at a rally/speech(WTF at a trump event is going to defend Christie :silly:) to insult Christie again hiding behind the supposed quote.

Nope, full on tired of Trump going full schoolyard insult, and other than you Trumpist loyalls so are more and more every day. I noticed up thread you suggested @Lando Lincoln get out of the way of you Trumpistas, well when you get what you ask for and all of those tired of Trumps bullshit get out of the way and Trump inevitably loses don't come back whining saying it's our fault because by not voting for him we voted democrat. Nobody buys that load you have been shoveling for years.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Well stated.

As a huge fan of the RevWar, I can say the AmRev was different in the incredible structure behind it.  It wasn’t just a sudden bunch of angry people blundering into destroying everything and killing everyone.  Long before the war actually broke out people were trying to negotiate.  Making their grievances known.  Organizing so much that there became a congress of many men amongst the many states.

And in that groundswell of organization, we had thinkers on the one hand, and activists on the other.  Thoughtful reflective people, as well as active people who pushed it forward to actually get things going.  Have only one kind and the revolution/civil war would probably not even get off the ground much less succeed.

Online Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Such cloying condescension.

It's just insulting, as if we're all too stupid to understand what he was doing when he kept repeating publicly the insult that otherwise would have gone unheard.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 09:03:07 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

It's just insulting, as if we're all too stupid to understand what he was doing when he kept repeating publicly the insult that otherwise would have gone unheard.

It is true that Donald Trump did not call Chris Christie a fat pig, himself. But he did throw a comment about Christie’s weight problem by stating he can’t be bothered because he’s eating right now, which , admittedly, I did find funny

But I’m not running for president

Barry Goldwater

Offline berdie

As we get older, we forget how we look.

Trump does not need to throw weight disparagement at Christie. Christie ain't slim...but neither is he.

Online mountaineer

I don't understand why Trump wastes his time on Christie, who is no threat to his candidacy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org