Author Topic: These Are the 7 Cheapest Grocery Stores in the U.S.  (Read 397 times)

Offline libertybele

These Are the 7 Cheapest Grocery Stores in the U.S.
« on: August 07, 2023, 07:16:17 pm »
I only have an Aldi near me.  Costco is in another city across the bridge and I've not been to either one. :shrug:

These Are the 7 Cheapest Grocery Stores in the U.S.

1. ALDI

Value for money: 90% of survey respondents said ALDI offers value for your money.
Locations: 2,300 stores across 39 states ..........

2. Woodman's Markets

Value for money: 88% of survey respondents said Woodman's Markets offers value for your money.
Locations: 19 stores across two states...........

3. WinCo Foods

Value for money: 87% of survey respondents said WinCo offers value for your money.
Locations: 139 stores in 10 states...........

4. Lidl

Value for money: 83% of survey respondents said Lidl offers value for your money.
Locations: 181 stores in 10 East Coast states ............

5. Market Basket

Value for money: 81% of survey respondents said Market Basket offers value for your money.
Locations: 93 stores across four East Coast states............

6. Grocery Outlet

Value for money: 78% of survey respondents said Grocery Outlet offers value for your money.
Locations: 457 stores across eight states..........

7. Costco

Value for money: 75% of survey respondents said Costco offers value for your money.
Locations: 594 across the U.S.............

https://money.usnews.com/money/personal-finance/spending/articles/these-are-the-cheapest-grocery-stores
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: These Are the 7 Cheapest Grocery Stores in the U.S.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 07:17:28 pm »
Not one within 200 miles of me...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 07:31:03 pm »
I've been to Aldi. There's a Lidl about 10 miles or so away, I have been meaning to check it out.

Thanks for posting @libertybele
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 07:46:34 pm »
only one of them up in here is Costco, and other than their lost leaders (butter, hamburger, cheese), I've been moving away from em... Wicked good price on tuna in an oversize can, for sure... but in the doing of it, you throw the whole can anyway. So yeah, you get more, but unless you save back a third of the can to use otherwise you're really not saving anything. You're actually paying more. Same with oversized diced tomato and tomato sauce... Same all around.

I am surprised Smith's /Kroger didn't make the list. Around here, they're the overall bang for buck.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2023, 08:02:26 pm »
We have Costco, Winco, Grocery Outlet. (Albertsons, Walmart, Sam's, Fred Meyer, Broulims -local chain)

WinCo is the place we shop the most and I think they put the Smith's/Kroger out of business.

Costco costs more overall and we don't buy bulk as much as we used to.

Haven't been in the Grocery Outlet here but we wandered through one 50 miles away a few years ago. Their stuff was low quality IMO.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2023, 08:22:02 pm »
We already shop at market basket. It's very affordable, relatively speaking. The employees did a non-union strike because the owner's corporate raider brother was trying to take it over. Strange issue.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2023, 08:23:37 pm »
BJ's warehouse is good if you live on the East Coast/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline berdie

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2023, 08:44:44 pm »
The only grocery store in my town is Brookshires. If I shop the sales, use coupons and freeze stuff...it's cheaper than Wally World, especially when you add in the gas to get there. They also give "points" that can be used for gasoline purchases at their stations. Sadly, their produce ain't great. But I'm not sure anybody's is.