Author Topic: Acting Labor Sec’y: ‘Prices Are Lower’ than a Year Ago and Gas Prices ‘Continue to Come Down’  (Read 749 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Acting Labor Sec’y: ‘Prices Are Lower’ than a Year Ago and Gas Prices ‘Continue to Come Down’

Ian Hanchett 4 Aug 2023

During an interview with Bloomberg on Friday, acting Labor Secretary Julie Su claimed that “prices are lower than they were a year ago, and significantly so.” And that gas prices “continue to come down.”

Host Joe Mathieu asked, “Well, so you’re clearly up on the state of the job market right now, and workers, I suspect, are too. Lower unemployment, rising wages, but those — again, those two trends come together in an inflationary way. How do you balance those two moving forward?”

Su responded, “So, at the same time, we are seeing the inflation rate come down, right? It is — it was like 3% last month. We’ll see more numbers in a week. But prices are lower than they were a year ago, and significantly so. A year ago, remember, we were talking about gas prices, we were talking about the price of eggs, all of those things continue to come down. And I think people are feeling them at the grocery store. They’re also feeling them, because, when real wages grow, especially for low and middle-income individuals, you see it, and we’re seeing it in consumer spending. We’re seeing it in confidence. It’s all reflected as I travel around the country in the sense of confidence that people are feeling. That’s all part of the broader recovery.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/08/04/acting-labor-secy-prices-are-lower-than-a-year-ago-and-gas-prices-continue-to-come-down/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Complete and utter horse s.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What alternate reality is this biotch living in?   Oh wait, the Dem DC bubble.  Where reality goes to be spun and then die.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline LMAO

From the article....
Su responded, “So, at the same time, we are seeing[/b] the inflation rate come down, right? It is — it was like 3% last month. We’ll see[/b] more numbers in a week. But prices are lower than they were a year ago, and significantly so. A year ago, remember, we were talking about gas prices, we were talking about the price of eggs, all of those things continue to come down. And I think people are feeling them at the grocery store. They’re also feeling them, because, when real wages grow, especially for low and middle-income individuals, you see it, and we’re seeing it in consumer spending. We’re seeing it in confidence. It’s all reflected as I travel around the country in the sense of confidence that people are feeling. That’s all part of the broader recovery.”

Why do these people "see" everything no one else does?

« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 11:54:40 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

From the article....
Su responded, “So, at the same time, we are seeing[/b] the inflation rate come down, right? It is — it was like 3% last month. We’ll see[/b] more numbers in a week. But prices are lower than they were a year ago, and significantly so. A year ago, remember, we were talking about gas prices, we were talking about the price of eggs, all of those things continue to come down. And I think people are feeling them at the grocery store. They’re also feeling them, because, when real wages grow, especially for low and middle-income individuals, you see it, and we’re seeing it in consumer spending. We’re seeing it in confidence. It’s all reflected as I travel around the country in the sense of confidence that people are feeling. That’s all part of the broader recovery.”

Why do these people "see" everything no one else does?

Because if they say it often enough, their base will "see" it to, and will "cancel" anyone who says otherwise.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The twenty gram chocolate ration has been increased to ten grams...

Laying hen populations have come off the seasonal slump and recovered from losses last year, so eggs are down. I really don't think the government can take much credit for what chickens are doing, naturally.

Gas here is up 40 cents per gallon (87 octane regular) in the last six weeks.

WTF are they referencing?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 09:12:15 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Julie Su is an out-of-touch idiot.

Gas prices here in Pennsylvania are $3.99 per gallon (including the ridiculously high state gas tax) and I spent $6.99 for a pound of bacon yesterday, the cheapest in the store.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Kamaji

Gas prices here in Pennsylvania are $3.99 per gallon (including the ridiculously high state gas tax) and I spent $6.99 for a pound of bacon yesterday, the cheapest in the store.

:thumbsup:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Gas prices here in SoCal jumped over thirty cents in less than a week...so far and I haven't seen any appreciable drop in grocery prices, bread was still $5 a loaf and I'm not talking national brand. I don't know who other than mentally challenged talking heads that are buying why she's shoveling because even every day blue collar dems are aware of the reality at the store.