Author Topic: DeSantis spars with NBC reporter Dasha Burns over Dems’ position on late-term abortion  (Read 141 times)

Online Kamaji

DeSantis spars with NBC reporter Dasha Burns over Dems’ position on late-term abortion

By Ryan King
August 7, 2023

Republican presidential candidate and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis got into it with an NBC journalist over Democratic Party support for late-term abortions, which DeSantis described as “infanticide.”

Correspondent Dasha Burns pressed DeSantis during an interview about whether he would veto a federal abortion ban if he won the Oval Office next year.

“I would not allow what a lot of the left wants to do, which is to override pro-life protections throughout the country all the way up really until the moment of birth in some instances, which I think is infanticide,” DeSantis replied.

“I’ve gotta push back on you on that,” Burns interjected, “because that’s a misrepresentation of what’s happening. I mean, 1.3% of abortions happen at 21 weeks [of pregnancy] or higher.”

“But their view is is that all the way up until that, there should not be any legal protections,” DeSantis fired back.

“There is no indication of Democrats pushing for that,” Burns countered.

The network then cut off DeSantis in its news package as he started to reply.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/07/desantis-spars-with-nbc-reporter-on-late-term-abortion-infanticide/