Author Topic: DeSantis rejects Trump’s ‘stolen’ election claims: ‘Of course he lost’  (Read 7263 times)

Offline the OlLine Rebel

@LMAO

I agree with you on that one.

It would be much better to take the Reagan approach,and use humor and a laugh to distract them. They just don't know how to deal with that.

Exactly.

And the truth was, Reagan disarmed liberals in media and politics, etc.  most people knew it was insane to hate him, for real.  He was impossible to hate.  Completely disarming.

Smiles instead of a constant grumpy Mussolini upside-down-U frown.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline Kamaji

Exactly.

And the truth was, Reagan disarmed liberals in media and politics, etc.  most people knew it was insane to hate him, for real.  He was impossible to hate.  Completely disarming.

Smiles instead of a constant grumpy Mussolini upside-down-U frown.

:thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I cannot recall the Media in an anti-POTUS fervor like this since Nixon. I m sure that has had some effect, but whether that has increased the resolve of his supporters or decreased their numbers, it is hard to say.

For me, I detest the unforced errors made by Trump just in this run up to 2024, and in general, and these make me wonder if he has learned anything from his first term and subsequent events.

I am not encouraged.

With the way Trump has bullied a popular, competent, conservative governor and him mouthing off to the judges, it is doubtful that he has learned anything from his first term.

Yes things were headed in a better direction under Trump, but unfortunately most of the changes that he implemented didn't take hold which leads me to question any true success that he claims.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
With the way Trump has bullied a popular, competent, conservative governor and him mouthing off to the judges, it is doubtful that he has learned anything from his first term.

Yes things were headed in a better direction under Trump, but unfortunately most of the changes that he implemented didn't take hold which leads me to question any true success that he claims.

The direction in which the country has gone since the 2020 election is part of Trump's legacy. He failed completely in building a broad base of support that could have a lasting impact.

Online roamer_1

No one has clobbered you @the OlLine Rebel , least of all me.  I simply pointed out the absurdity of DeSantis supporters insisting pitifully small attendance at his events combined with cratering poll numbers somehow translates into his winning the nomination while large crowds and surging poll numbers translate into defeat for Donald Trump.

Polls are worthless unless they are flowing your way.
Which means they are actually worthless.

And the whole thing can turn around on a dime. Popularity is a fickle mistress.

And even if you're right, it means nothing, except the folks who would have voted for DeSantis will be with no one to vote for. Again.

I hope he stays in all the way, if for no other reason than a competent choice if Tumpy's legal entanglements come to fruition and he can no longer move forward. Which is a possibility.

Online Hoodat

You're not much fun when you support my side of an issue.

Your side of this issue is to bear false witness against DeSantis supporters.  I don't see anyone here supporting that.

I simply pointed out the absurdity of DeSantis supporters insisting pitifully small attendance at his events combined with cratering poll numbers somehow translates into his winning the nomination while large crowds and surging poll numbers translate into defeat for Donald Trump.

No one is saying that.  No one.  What we are saying is that large rallies do not translate into a November election win.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Your side of this issue is to bear false witness against DeSantis supporters.  I don't see anyone here supporting that.

No one is saying that.  No one.  What we are saying is that large rallies do not translate into a November election win.

Frankly, I think it's way too early for any GOP candidate to assume that they'll be victorious for whatever reason.

In the case of Trump, the DEMS are far from over finding reason for further indictments.  Who knows what will happen?? I question if he'll be able to even qualify in some states and get onto the ballot.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don’t know.  Biden could have.

And that is the point.  Repubs need to be fraud-proof.  Someone else posted that recently…they have to perform so well there is no chance for fraud to succeed.  Trump only won the electoral vote the first time, NOT the popular, e.g.

The other side of it is to accept reality - lots and lots of AMERICANS, your neighbors, are America-hating commie traitors.  They are the enemy.  Im not talking about mere politicians - I mean the populace.  Half of them hate this country.  I fully believe that.L

@the OlLine Rebel

I don't believe that,but I DO believe there are segments of the population that are either slackers or stupid,that hate anyone that has more than them.

I also know it doesn't do a damn thing but make them worse to put them in Publik Housin and give them monthy checks and free housing,power,etc,etc,etc.

Working at LEAST one or two days a week for the city,state,or feral government picking up trash,washing city vehicles,sweeping streets,etc,etc,etc,should be MANDATORY for anyone not too crippled to do it.

NOT going to happen,though. These people are the Dim Base Voters.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

The other side of it is to accept reality - lots and lots of AMERICANS, your neighbors, are America-hating commie traitors.  They are the enemy.  Im not talking about mere politicians - I mean the populace.  Half of them hate this country.  I fully believe that.

Not my neighbors.  happy77

I go on these fora to get away from my reality of everyone hates Trump, hates GOP, hates USA and loves BLM and LGBT.  It’s good to have some perspective.  In liberalland I can’t afford these fantasies.

Now see @the OlLine Rebel , I come from the other end of the spectrum... High in the Northern Rockies, with deep roots in forest and farm and ranch. I get on here to see the ridiculous world that exists outside of my wild mountain host. There's some liberals in town I'd guess, school indoctrination too, for sure. But step off the sidewalk and onto the gravel, and these are as red-blooded Americans as you can find anywhere.

So have comfort. Flyover country, the Great, Redneck Nation, is much the same as always.  :beer:

Offline LMAO

That's been explained to her several times to no avail
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
That's been explained to her several times to no avail

Well, I'm quite sure that if given the opportunity, voters would "explain" it to her again on Election Day in 2024.

Offline corbe

I am the Guilty One that has been saying Gov DeSantis will win the Primary AND the General. 
   I also though Cruz would do it in 16, so there's that, my record is far from perfect.

Sen Cruz dropped out after losing Indiana in May 16, 9 months after today in the election cycle, last man standing, other the mailman's son.
   Lots of time.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Frankly, I think it's way too early for any GOP candidate to assume that they'll be victorious for whatever reason.

In the case of Trump, the DEMS are far from over finding reason for further indictments.  Who knows what will happen?? I question if he'll be able to even qualify in some states and get onto the ballot.

It could also happen that the old man will go belly up.

Trump is old and will be as old as Biden at election time.  Truth is you cannot count on an old man even being around, much less healthy.  And one of the biggest reasons I’m against him.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Trump is the Stacy Abrams of the  world.   But Trump can't spit a watermelon seed through his teethus to save his life so he talks shit.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DB

If the size of political rallies were even remotely an accurate reflection of an upcoming election Trump would be President right now.

He's not.

End of argument.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Not my neighbors.  happy77

@roamer_1

I have no doubt you  are telling the truth about that,but you and your neighbors are VASTLY outnumbers by the denizens of "Big City 'Murika",half of whom don't even speak understandable English and have no interest in learning English OR finding a job and paying their own bills.

These people may already outnumber thee and me,and give them another 10 years and they will have ALL the political power,and we will have none.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline corbe

Trump is the Stacy Abrams of the  world.   But Trump can't spit a watermelon seed through his teethus to save his life so he talks shit.

Trump did say that Abrams would make a better Gov than Kemp, so there's that.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
   Trump did say that Abrams would make a better Gov than Kemp, so there's that.

True.  That Trump guy is a visionary
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline corbe

Other than Truman, who died broke, Trump is the only President to lose money during his Presidency in the last 100 years.  Maybe that's a good thing but I'm leaning towards his Sons not running his Trust well.

Online Right_in_Virginia

I simply pointed out the absurdity of DeSantis supporters insisting pitifully small attendance at his events combined with cratering poll numbers somehow translates into his winning the nomination while large crowds and surging poll numbers translate into defeat for Donald Trump.

Nobody has ever made that claim.

Who are you trying to kid?  DeSantis supporters make that claim all over social media, including right here ---- and then go on to add insult to injury by insisting DeSantis, who can't win the GOP primary, is the only one who can win against Biden.

Online Right_in_Virginia

If the size of political rallies were even remotely an accurate reflection of an upcoming election Trump would be President right now.

He's not.  End of argument.

End of argument only if you conveniently sidestep the coordinated, strategic election and voter fraud that transferred the victory from Trump to Biden.  IOW, Trump won and the rallies were, indeed, an accurate prediction.

Online roamer_1

I have no doubt you  are telling the truth about that,but you and your neighbors are VASTLY outnumbers by the denizens of "Big City 'Murika",half of whom don't even speak understandable English and have no interest in learning English OR finding a job and paying their own bills.

These people may already outnumber thee and me,and give them another 10 years and they will have ALL the political power,and we will have none.

@sneakypete

Megacities have overpowered states all my life. Chicago has owned Illinois as far back as I can recall...  The Red States are faltering - I would admit that - but that can and does turn around on a dime (DeSantis, FL) ... So that ain't so easy to say.

Though I have been preaching for a while now for states to adopt an electoral college amongst their counties precisely to prevent the cities from overrunning the state. I  am still very much in favor of that.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

But...but...Brandon filled most of the circles at his!!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

He's not.

End of argument.

And Romney would have been president, also

The rally thing is the one bright spot in the MAGA world. Outside of that world, things are more hostile to them. Trump rallies have become a safe space for them
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

And Romney would have been president, also

The rally thing is the one bright spot in the MAGA world. Outside of that world, things are more hostile to them. Trump rallies have become a safe space for them

Nothing like a little collective "good feeling".