Author Topic: DeSantis rejects Trump’s ‘stolen’ election claims: ‘Of course he lost’  (Read 7216 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

We do what all Republicans that won the Presidency have done in the last 75 years~We beat them beyond their ability to cheat.  Yeah, it sucks but those are hard numbers. GWB learned that the hard way with the hanging chad $hit.
   The RNC needs a real leader not this Trump endorsed crap.

The RNC needs to hit the dustbin of history.  Period.

Online corbe

Though I'm a pessimist through and through, I'm an Optimist when it comes to DeSantis's ability to break through the Trump Wall in the GOP and siphon off but 10~15% of his hard core maybe with enough Independents he can overcome that. 
   I'm not even smoking pot, so put down your bong corbe is not applicable, yet.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

Though I'm a pessimist through and through, I'm an Optimist when it comes to DeSantis's ability to break through the Trump Wall in the GOP and siphon off but 10~15% of his hard core maybe with enough Independents he can overcome that. 

From your lips to God's ear!

Offline roamer_1

Seems exactly right to me.

Yep. Good, bad, or indifferent, it is what it is. The only corruption that matters is the corruption you can prove in court. They beat him. In the election and the courts. By hook or by crook is incidental and always has been.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Apparently, the only throat Ronny's serious about slitting is his own.
Everyone who agrees with Trump is already voting for him, so who cares?

I still stand by my assertion that the question is moot because most of them were conducted under unlawful emergency powers and never valid to begin with.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline cato potatoe

Just keep flirting with the stolen election nonsense.  It's like cookies and milk for the MSM.  While you are kvetching about 2020, Biden will "steal" North Carolina, then Newsom will "steal" Ohio, and then AOC will "steal" Texas.  By that point the supreme court will consist of 14 blue haired trannies and 3 of Joy Reid's children, so nobody will pay much attention.

Offline Kamaji

Just keep flirting with the stolen election nonsense.  It's like cookies and milk for the MSM.  While you are kvetching about 2020, Biden will "steal" North Carolina, then Newsom will "steal" Ohio, and then AOC will "steal" Texas.  By that point the supreme court will consist of 14 blue haired trannies and 3 of Joy Reid's children, so nobody will pay much attention.

:thumbsup:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FTA

“Why did we have all those mail votes? Because of Trump turned the government over to Fauci,” he said. “They embraced lockdowns. They did the CARES Act, which funded mail-in ballots across the country.”

Florida is one of several states that permitted voters to cast mail-in-ballots before the COVID-19 pandemic.

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

Good to see you admit he is going to lose the primary.

It’s early and a lot can happen, but as of now, Trump looks to be the nominee
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If only that were still possible. Unfortunately, it no longer is and I personally doubt that we will ever see anything other than Democrats in the WH.

@Bigun

Looks that  way,doesn't it?

Trump MIGHT be able to make some changes if he is elected,and he is the ONLY candidate that would be interested in doing that because HIS eye is on the history books,not becoming a member of the NWO. Everybody else are just career politicians looking to further their careers.

Ted Cruz would have been an EXCELLENT candidate IMNSHO,but for reasons known only to himself,he has no serious interest in running for the WH.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The Supreme Court did not "look the other way"; it was not presented with sufficient actionable evidence to warrant what was being requested.
Did they look at ANY evidence?

Almost, if not all cases were dismissed on 'standing', not lack of evidence. They did not get that far.

There is a pile of evidence out there, if only people would look. But someone with their eyes on the sky will never see the dirt beneath their feet.

My opinion has bugger-all to do with Trump. I am concerned that targeting a few counties in a very few states gave Biden the "margin" of less than 250,000 votes altogether that swayed the election, and every one of those counties had serious irregularities.

Without the courage to call for an accounting of districts with more votes than voters, we have no Republic, the war is lost before it begins.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@corbe

You are right,of course. In order to get the changes we need to save and preserve America,we need to keep  on doing what we have been doing  for the last several decades because THIS  time it will work,huh?

Offline Kamaji

Did they look at ANY evidence?

Almost, if not all cases were dismissed on 'standing', not lack of evidence. They did not get that far.

There is a pile of evidence out there, if only people would look. But someone with their eyes on the sky will never see the dirt beneath their feet.

My opinion has bugger-all to do with Trump. I am concerned that targeting a few counties in a very few states gave Biden the "margin" of less than 250,000 votes altogether that swayed the election, and every one of those counties had serious irregularities.

Without the courage to call for an accounting of districts with more votes than voters, we have no Republic, the war is lost before it begins.

The Supreme Court is not a roving band of do-gooders with a mandate to right all the wrongs that might be imagined.

Asking the Court to overturn the results of a national election requires dramatically clear proof, not arguable circumstantial evidence. 

The fact is, the Court did y’all a favor by ruling on the basis of standing rather than on the merits, because if it had ruled on the merits, it would have ruled in favor of the election being valid.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The Supreme Court is not a roving band of do-gooders with a mandate to right all the wrongs that might be imagined.

That's right! But neither are they without mandates and hearing cases between states is one of them.

Asking the Court to overturn the results of a national election requires dramatically clear proof, not arguable circumstantial evidence.

That is not what they were asked to do and you damned well know it.

The fact is, the Court did y’all a favor by ruling on the basis of standing rather than on the merits, because if it had ruled on the merits, it would have ruled in favor of the election being valid.

Yeah! Right. /S

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Apparently, the only throat Ronny's serious about slitting is his own.

@Right_in_Virginia

Well,I can't fault him for that. He would be doing a public  service.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
   We do what all Republicans that won the Presidency have done in the last 75 years~We beat them beyond their ability to cheat.  Yeah, it sucks but those are hard numbers. GWB learned that the hard way with the hanging chad $hit.

@corbe

Obviously,you haven't noticed this,but things have changed over the last 75 years,especially politics,which has became a career job for whole families,not a part-time job for someone wanting to serve the country.

The most recent presidents have only been interested in serving themselves,not America,and it shows in the corruption we see in politics today.

EVERYBODY has dirt on EVERYBODY else,so all they do is play "duck and cover" while serving themselves,not America.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 12:14:21 am by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If only that were still possible. Unfortunately, it no longer is and I personally doubt that we will ever see anything other than Democrats in the WH.

@Bigun

We either get an "outsider" in the WH that wants to make history by upsetting all the apple carts,or America is over as a free and independent nation.

Yet,many alleged Republicans are determined to keep voting for the creatures that got us into this mess,because "THIS time it's gonna work!"

Nobody ever,anywhere,got change by voting for more of the same.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@corbe

Maybe you should pick it it and start smoking it again?

Online DB

The Supreme Court did not "look the other way"; it was not presented with sufficient actionable evidence to warrant what was being requested.

Thomas said otherwise.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Exactly.

And this is something EverTrumpers need to comprehend:  Trump is not nearly as popular as they and he fantasize.  He never had a landslide no matter how much they want to think he ever did.  He only won the electoral votes, not the popular in ‘16, and there is excellent chance he failed to win the popular again in ‘20, never mind electoral.

Living in liberalland, I have a better understanding of how much Dems hate Trump, and they are motivated by his poor personality traits that make him more hateable.  They will butt up against any dreams of burgeoning Trump love.

Trump is no Reagan, either in accomplishments or in electability.  They hate Trump whereas they loved Reagan, or at least knew it was insane to hate Reagan and couldn’t bring themselves to do so.  Hence, landslide for real.

Trump needs to be popular enough to overcome that little bit Dems need to cheat.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
One of the things Trump and his supporters did wrong was glom ADD-like onto every cheat/fraud theory out there rather than focusing/concentrating on the most clearly provable.  The Dominion stuff was just flat out wrong, but grabbed a lot of headlines that couldn't be backed up.  That's how they won those defamation cases.

Trump should have focused like a laser on mail-in voting and ballot-harvesting right from the start.  Instead, he and most of his supporters just threw every bit of mud they had against the wall and hoped something stuck, and the attention of the public was lost.

Offline roamer_1

@Bigun

We either get an "outsider" in the WH that wants to make history by upsetting all the apple carts,or America is over as a free and independent nation.

Yet,many alleged Republicans are determined to keep voting for the creatures that got us into this mess,because "THIS time it's gonna work!"

Nobody ever,anywhere,got change by voting for more of the same.

EVERY time it works, the ONLY times it's worked, it's been Conservatives that did it. PERIOD.
If you really want to fix this sh*t, the way forward is clear

Offline LMAO

EVERY time it works, the ONLY times it's worked, it's been Conservatives that did it. PERIOD.
If you really want to fix this sh*t, the way forward is clear

No better example than blue states compared to red states
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

“I think what people in the media and elsewhere, they want to act like somehow this was just like the perfect election,” DeSantis said. “I don’t think it was a good-run election … But I also think Republicans didn’t fight back. You’ve got to fight back when that is happening.”

Spot on.  The problem for Trump is that he was completely clueless when it came to fighting back.  The January election in Georgia sealed the deal.  He had two months to make a case and prevent a second steal from happening, yet he did nothing.  Not a damn thing.  Same election rules violated.  A literal repeat.  Yet Trump didn't lift a finger to stop it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Spot on.  The problem for Trump is that he was completely clueless when it came to fighting back.  The January election in Georgia sealed the deal.  He had two months to make a case and prevent a second steal from happening, yet he did nothing.  Not a damn thing.  Same election rules violated.  A literal repeat.  Yet Trump didn't lift a finger to stop it.

That's because he was sulking like a petulant child, and was angry at Georgia in particular.  Hell, he thought Stacey Abrams would have been a better governor than Kemp.