Author Topic: DeSantis rejects Trump’s ‘stolen’ election claims: ‘Of course he lost’  (Read 7095 times)

Offline Kamaji

DeSantis rejects Trump’s ‘stolen’ election claims: ‘Of course he lost’

By Josh Christenson
August 7, 2023

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis doubled down on his criticism of GOP 2024 frontrunner Donald Trump over the former president’s claims the 2020 election was “stolen”, saying flatly that “he lost” and “Joe Biden’s the president.”

“Yes or no: Did Donald Trump lose the 2020 election?” NBC News correspondent Dasha Burns asked in a clip from an exclusive interview that aired Sunday.

“Whoever puts their hand on the Bible on Jan. 20 every four years is the winner,” replied DeSantis, 44, before reiterating his issues with the way the last presidential election was run.

“But respectfully, you did not clearly answer that question,” Burns pressed. “And if you can’t give a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ on whether or not he lost —”

“No, of course he lost,” the Florida governor said. “Joe Biden’s the president.”

On Friday, DeSantis had called Trump’s theories of widespread voter fraud “unsubstantiated” and mocked the 77-year-old’s outlandish claims of voting machines being hacked in key states to change the outcome.

The Florida governor also pointed Burns to election administration grants made by Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg, the proliferation of vote-by-mail, third-party collection of mail-in ballots and the suppression of The Post’s bombshell report on first son Hunter Biden’s involvement of his father in his foreign business deals.

“I think what people in the media and elsewhere, they want to act like somehow this was just like the perfect election,” DeSantis said. “I don’t think it was a good-run election … But I also think Republicans didn’t fight back. You’ve got to fight back when that is happening.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/07/desantis-says-of-course-trumps-lost-2020-election/

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Seems a little wishy-washy per the last election
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Seems exactly right to me.

Offline LMAO

This is a trick that the media is going to play on every single republican running

If they fully embrace Donald Trump’s claims, they  win  the primary. But then they go on to lose the general election.

So expect this question to be asked if every single Republican for years on down the road
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Establishment shill.
Let it burn.

Offline LMAO

He also saw what happened to Donald Trump endorsed candidates who embraced his election claim in the 2022 midterms

It is possible to question many of the things that were allowed to happen in the 2020 election without going full Trump
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

He also saw what happened to Donald Trump endorsed candidates who embraced his election claim in the 2022 midterms

It is possible to question many of the things that were allowed to happen in the 2020 election without going full Trump

:thumbsup:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Apparently, the only throat Ronny's serious about slitting is his own. 
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 07:05:04 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline libertybele

I disagree with DeSantis on this -- the GOP/Trump did fight back and SCOTUS looked the other way.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Apparently, the only throat Ronny's serious about slitting is his own.   88devil

Those comments did him in with me for sure! Anyone willing to overlook what happened in 2020 is not of presidential timber.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Those comments did him in with me for sure! Anyone willing to overlook what happened in 2020 is not of presidential timber.

You're not alone @Bigun   

Offline corbe

Both of yall's orangeness is shining through.   :whistle:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

I disagree with DeSantis on this -- the GOP/Trump did fight back and SCOTUS looked the other way.

The Supreme Court did not "look the other way"; it was not presented with sufficient actionable evidence to warrant what was being requested.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
   Both of yall's orangeness is shining through.   :whistle:

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

John Adams

@corbe

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

DeSantis is being a grown-up about it:

“I think what people in the media and elsewhere, they want to act like somehow this was just like the perfect election,” DeSantis said. “I don’t think it was a good-run election … But I also think Republicans didn’t fight back. You’ve got to fight back when that is happening.”

He is not saying that there was no funny business - those who say otherwise are simply lying to protect the Orange Ego - but he is saying that the case has not been made, and that is also accurate.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The Supreme Court did not "look the other way"; it was not presented with sufficient actionable evidence to warrant what was being requested.

What was being requested @Kamaji ? Specifics please.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

What was being requested @Kamaji ? Specifics please.

:mauslaff:

Google, DDG, Yahoo, or whatever else you prefer - you go do your own work.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
:mauslaff:

Google, DDG, Yahoo, or whatever else you prefer - you go do your own work.

I don't ask questions I don't already know the answer to but I doubt you know the answer.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

I really don't know how he could have explained it clearer for Trumpers to understand and look past their unfathomable hate for the guy. 
   TRUMP signed the CARES ACT which allowed Ballot Harvesting, Drop Boxes and Mail-In Ballots. 
   TRUMP lost every case he brought before the Courts.  Sure, the Election was Stolen.  Ever since JFK they've been stealing elections, he wasn't supposed to win in 16, it was a fluke. 
   Go ahead ~ Shoot the Messenger  Whatever gets you through this.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
   I really don't know how he could have explained it clearer for Trumpers to understand and look past their unfathomable hate for the guy. 
   TRUMP signed the CARES ACT which allowed Ballot Harvesting, Drop Boxes and Mail-In Ballots. 
   TRUMP lost every case he brought before the Courts.  Sure, the Election was Stolen.  Ever since JFK they've been stealing elections, he wasn't supposed to win in 16, it was a fluke. 
   Go ahead ~ Shoot the Messenger  Whatever gets you through this.

TRUMP had exactly zero authority to alter election laws in any state @corbe but, beyond that, when does it stop? If not now when?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 07:23:57 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

We do what all Republicans that won the Presidency have done in the last 75 years~We beat them beyond their ability to cheat.  Yeah, it sucks but those are hard numbers. GWB learned that the hard way with the hanging chad $hit.
   The RNC needs a real leader not this Trump endorsed crap.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 07:32:43 pm by corbe »

Offline Kamaji

We do what all Republicans that won the Presidency have done in the last 75 years~We beat them beyond their ability to cheat.  Yeah, it sucks but those are hard numbers. GWB learned that the hard way with the hanging chad $hit.
   The RNC needs a real leader not this Trump endorsed crap.

:thumbsup:

Apparently, the only throat Ronny's serious about slitting is his own.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

If only that were still possible. Unfortunately, it no longer is and I personally doubt that we will ever see anything other than Democrats in the WH.

- J. R. R. Tolkien