Author Topic: DeSantis rejects Trump’s ‘stolen’ election claims: ‘Of course he lost’  (Read 7097 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The Supreme Court is not a roving band of do-gooders with a mandate to right all the wrongs that might be imagined.

Asking the Court to overturn the results of a national election requires dramatically clear proof, not arguable circumstantial evidence. 

The fact is, the Court did y’all a favor by ruling on the basis of standing rather than on the merits, because if it had ruled on the merits, it would have ruled in favor of the election being valid.
It really doesn't matter. After denial flood, (it is so much more than a River) there will never again be a Republican president.

By the time y'all admit there was a problem, it will bury you.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Right_in_Virginia

Exactly.

And this is something EverTrumpers need to comprehend:  Trump is not nearly as popular as they and he fantasize.

You might not want to be carving this  pointing-up in stone just yet @the OlLine Rebel

Daniel Baldwin
@baldwin_daniel_

President Trump delivering a keynote speech tonight vs DeSantis today.  A picture is worth a thousand words!

Waiting for Trump to speak:

Listening to DeSantis speak

7:42 PM · Aug 5, 2023.

Online LMAO

You might not want to be carving this  pointing-up in stone just yet @the OlLine Rebel

Lol

I was waiting to see how long it was gonna take for somebody to respond to Rebel’s post about Trump’s unpopularity with pictures of his rallies. I don’t think MAGAs  understand that most voters don’t attend political rallies

You just made his point
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Kamaji

Lol

I was waiting to see how long it was gonna take for somebody to respond to Rebel’s post about Trump’s unpopularity with pictures of his rallies. I don’t think MAGAs  understand that most voters don’t attend political rallies

You just made his point

:thumbsup:

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Lol

You just made his point

Like bees to honey…
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online LMAO

Like bees to honey…

Indeed

After 2020, I was the opinion that Trump may not be popular with the voters, but he could probably work behind the scenes to help get Republicans elected to office.

Then the 2022 midterms happened. Think about it. Despite Biden’s unpopularity at that time and peoples angst about the condition of the country, they still wanted nothing to do with putting Trump or his followers near the levers of power

And the question of whether or not Republicans accept the results of 2020 is going to be a frequent question asked by the press of all GOP candidates and they better be prepared for it. Embracing Donald Trump’s claim is a one-way ticket to an election loss as we’ve seen. And another question that GOP candidates are going to be confronted with by the press is going to  be their view on events of January 6.

The press will never ask Democrats if they accept Donald Trump‘s 2016 win or their opinion on the 2020 riots. But the press is not in the news reporting business. They are there to help Democrats.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Lol

You just made his point

Online Right_in_Virginia

Online corbe

pointing-up   I don't care who you are that there is funny but also shows a kinda desperation to it.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Kamaji

pointing-up   I don't care who you are that there is funny but also shows a kinda desperation to it.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Lol

Good thing for you nothing says "popular" more than Ronny's sliding poll numbers, event flops and 3rd campaign reset in as many weeks.    000hehehehe

Online LMAO

Good thing for you nothing says "popular" more than Ronny's sliding poll numbers, event flops and 3rd campaign reset in as many weeks.    000hehehehe

We’re not talking about Ron DeSantis

The statement was that made that Trump is not as popular as his base like to believe he is, and you posted a predictable picture of his rallies completely forgetting that very few voters attend political rallies. I commented on that. I never brought up Ron DeSantis once.

Stay focused, please

« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 05:50:36 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Right_in_Virginia

Desperation?  Do you understand the meme?

« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 05:47:40 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online corbe

Of course I do @Right_in_Virginia Trumpers have been trying desperately for months to tie DeSantis to the RINO wing of the Republican Party AND FAILED. All the while overlooking the fact that Trump is much more responsible for the RINO wing than anybody, in the last 7 years.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 05:54:38 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Too bad, I am.  It's quite clear DeSantards have no understanding of "popularity".  They should embrace the lesson before making complete fools of themselves.

Consider it a PSA. 

« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 05:57:05 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Right_in_Virginia

Of course I do @Right_in_Virginia Trumpers have been trying desperately for months to tie DeSantis to the RINO wing of the Republican Party AND FAILED. All the while overlooking the fact that Trump is much more responsible for the RINO wing than anybody, in the last 7 years.

No, you don't understand it.   But, thanks for your reply.

Online corbe

Your Welcome.  I Love you too and have a great day.

Online LMAO

Too bad, I am.  It's quite clear DeSantards have no understanding of "popularity".  They should embrace the lesson before making complete fools of themselves.

Consider it a PDA.

Nobody ever made the claim that Ron DeSantis is popular outside of Florida. Nor have I seen anybody here claim that he’s not trailing Donald Trump in the GOP primary.   

The fact is Donald Trump is not as popular with voters at large as you want to believe. It is so bad that, despite rising prices, high gas prices, a broken border, and peoples general dissatisfaction with the Biden administration and the country‘s direction in general, voters gave a big giant “P. U.” to ever put Trump or his endorsed candidates, anywhere near the levers of power in 2022

Kind of the voters  giving a hint to the republican party “send us someone else to consider”

If you guys can’t win  elections under those circumstances similar to 2022, it doesn’t bode terribly well for future elections does it?

It’s quite clear that MAGAs have no understanding of “popularity” outside their bubble.  wink777

Consider the above a PSA
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 07:08:41 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I thought the meme meant someone swallowed the outlaw jersey whale.  :shrug:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline the OlLine Rebel

I thought the meme meant someone swallowed the outlaw jersey whale.  :shrug:

LOL that is clever!
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Lol

You just made his point

Predictable.  Definitely so on FR.  Glad it took this long.  Nice not to be clobbered immediately.

The other thing is rallies <> wins.

It looks impressive but what if those are the only sycophants in the entire state or (gulp) region?

That doesn’t mean there are enough votes to even make Trump win a primary in a state, much less the general against a Dem whom half the nation’s population support, being that they are mostly devoted commies.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online Kamaji

Nobody ever made the claim that Ron DeSantis is popular outside of Florida. Nor have I seen anybody here claim that he’s not trailing Donald Trump in the GOP primary.   

The fact is Donald Trump is not as popular with voters at large as you want to believe. It is so bad that, despite rising prices, high gas prices, a broken border, and peoples general dissatisfaction with the Biden administration and the country‘s direction in general, voters gave a big giant “P. U.” to ever put Trump or his endorsed candidates, anywhere near the levers of power in 2022

Kind of the voters  giving a hint to the republican party “send us someone else to consider”

If you guys can’t win  elections under those circumstances similar to 2022, it doesn’t bode terribly well for future elections does it?

It’s quite clear that MAGAs have no understanding of “popularity” outside their bubble.  wink777

Consider the above a PSA

Online Right_in_Virginia

Predictable.  Definitely so on FR.  Glad it took this long.  Nice not to be clobbered immediately.

No one has clobbered you @the OlLine Rebel , least of all me.  I simply pointed out the absurdity of DeSantis supporters insisting pitifully small attendance at his events combined with cratering poll numbers somehow translates into his winning the nomination while large crowds and surging poll numbers translate into defeat for Donald Trump.

I see you're another wounded newcomer to TBR ----- another rescue from the torment of FR.  Well, welcome, I certainly hope you feel safe here.  But, please remember: We here have done you no harm, so any chip you may carry on your shoulder should be dropped or at least aimed at TOS.

Thanks  :beer:

« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 08:44:30 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online corbe

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

The statement was that made that Trump is not as popular as his base like to believe he is, and you posted a predictable picture of his rallies completely forgetting that very few voters attend political rallies. I commented on that. I never brought up Ron DeSantis once.

Stay focused, please

@LMAO

Desperation is never pretty.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!