Author Topic: These new units take center stage in massive Pacific exercise  (Read 163 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
These new units take center stage in massive Pacific exercise
« on: August 06, 2023, 04:56:11 pm »
These new units take center stage in massive Pacific exercise
By Todd South
 Thursday, Aug 3

As the largest-ever version of the joint military exercise known as Talisman Sabre nears its end this week, the Army has seen its own set of firsts that have converged in two specific units the service sees as leading its future approach to warfighting.

The 3rd Multidomain Task Force, activated in September 2022 out of Fort Shafter, Hawaii, saw its first operational deployment in Talisman Sabre, an exercise in its 10th biennial iteration as a joint U.S.-Australian Pacific theater exercise that has grown to include 13 nations and more than 30,000 troops.

The task force had its first-ever exercise in February, part of Northern Edge 23 held in Alaska, said U.S. Army Pacific commander Gen. Charles Flynn.

Along with the original two members the exercise included France, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Canada and Germany. This is the first participation for Fiji, Papua New Guinea and Tonga.

Simultaneously, the 1st Multidomain Task Force has worked an extensive deployment for more than six months this year in the Philippines, that’s contributed to this exercise also, Flynn told Army Times.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-army/2023/08/03/these-new-units-take-center-stage-in-massive-pacific-exercise/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson