Author Topic: Mexico confirms agreement with U.S. to attend to migrants from Nicaragua, Cuba, Haiti and Venezuela  (Read 165 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mexico confirms agreement with U.S. to attend to migrants from Nicaragua, Cuba, Haiti and Venezuela

The US will accept asylum applications from migrants who are in Mexico, a country that in turn will establish a “multipurpose international space”

Mexican president Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador confirmed on Tuesday an agreement with the US for that nation to accept asylum applications from migrants who are already in Mexico, which in turn will establish a “multipurpose international space” in the south of the country to serve foreigners.

“Our Secretary of Foreign Relations, Alicia Barcena, will go to Chiapas this week where she will be looking for job options, and training opportunities for migrants. At the same time, make possible that those who want to can do their paperwork to get to the United States,” said the president.

Lopes Obrador referred in his morning press conference to the announcement made by the White House last Friday, when it indicated that the United States will accept asylum requests from nationals of Cuba, Haiti, Nicaragua and Venezuela who are already in Mexico waiting to cross into US territory.

https://confidencial.digital/english/mexico-confirms-agreement-with-u-s-to-attend-to-migrants-from-nicaragua-cuba-haiti-and-venezuela/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson