Author Topic: Migrant numbers crossing Darién Gap set new record, despite US efforts  (Read 186 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CENTRAL AMERICA Published August 2, 2023 1:39pm EDT
Migrant numbers crossing Darién Gap set new record, despite US efforts

The nearly 250,000 already outpaces 2022's numbers
By Adam Shaw | Fox News

The number of migrants crossings through a key, and highly dangerous, migration route surged in the first half of 2023, setting a new record and outpacing 2022, despite the efforts of the U.S. and other governments to slow the surge.

The number of migrants who traveled through the Darien Gap — a massive jungle that serves as a pathway through Central America and towards the U.S. — is close to 250,000 already in 2023, The Associated Press reported, citing Panamanian officials.

That is higher than the total for all of 2022, and a record pace of migration through the gap, the outlet reported.

While Republicans have blamed the Biden administration for the record surge in numbers at the U.S.-Mexico border between 2021 and 2023, the administration has pointed to a hemisphere-wide migration movement and called for an international response — including the signing of a declaration at a summit in Los Angeles last year.

https://www.newsnow.com/us/US/Immigration
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Migrant numbers crossing Darién Gap set new record, despite US efforts
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2023, 11:54:23 am »
Yeah, boy.  The Biden administration shut down the Darien gap the same way he shut down the US border. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson